+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 153
Like Tree156Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: QOL: Eternal Weapon Upgrade Update!

  1. #91
    Telaran Vishimtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    This has already been fixed, thanks for the info.
    I have tried everything I can to get the quest again and cant seem to get it to let me have it again

    edit 1: ok so I took off my weap and completed the werewolf quest for 400p and suddenly Beoric offered me the final portal quest

    edit 2: when I did the portal it didnt update the quest and my weapon still says I need the rifts but the quest does not

    edit 3: no matter how many times I enter the portal with all other steps complete it doesnt update the weapon or the quest in order to finish
    Last edited by Vishimtar; 02-03-2018 at 01:04 AM.

  2. #92
    Shield of Telara MickNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    790

    Default

    What if like me you just don't do dungeons at all and never did? What happen to pve=pvp? Why not have do 100 dungeons or WF.
    Looks like my weapon will stay right were it is now.
    Funny how no pvp was required for this weapon. But then again bit by bit they fazed out pvp didn't they. This weapon is another case in point. You have to do just about everything in game but pvp.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

  3. #93
    Plane Touched Cenderze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    What if like me you just don't do dungeons at all and never did? What happen to pve=pvp? Why not have do 100 dungeons or WF.
    Looks like my weapon will stay right were it is now.
    Funny how no pvp was required for this weapon. But then again bit by bit they fazed out pvp didn't they. This weapon is another case in point. You have to do just about everything in game but pvp.
    Why would you want this weapon if you solely PvP? AFAIK this isnt even BiS for PvP because of bolstering.
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

    (4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

  4. #94
    Telaran Vishimtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    This has already been fixed, thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishimtar View Post
    I have tried everything I can to get the quest again and cant seem to get it to let me have it again

    edit 1: ok so I took off my weap and completed the werewolf quest for 400p and suddenly Beoric offered me the final portal quest

    edit 2: when I did the portal it didnt update the quest and my weapon still says I need the rifts but the quest does not

    edit 3: no matter how many times I enter the portal with all other steps complete it doesnt update the weapon or the quest in order to finish
    ok so now even though thte portal is all I need to do even going in it completing it, dropping the quest, getting back again and logging on and off through out repeating all those steps, the portal part just keeps stating that I need to enter the portal and the graphics for the portal itself do not appear but if I run up to it I can still enter it.

  5. #95
    Shield of Telara MickNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    Why would you want this weapon if you solely PvP? AFAIK this isnt even BiS for PvP because of bolstering.
    Because I do a lot of world stuff like weeklys and dailys
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

  6. #96
    Telaran Vishimtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishimtar View Post
    ok so now even though thte portal is all I need to do even going in it completing it, dropping the quest, getting back again and logging on and off through out repeating all those steps, the portal part just keeps stating that I need to enter the portal and the graphics for the portal itself do not appear but if I run up to it I can still enter it.
    ok now I can complete the instance in the portal but the quest still doesnt update upon completing it

  7. #97
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    or maybe remove it totally... this is a daily and should have been only this, an OPTIONAL daily for people who like jumping puzzles.
    I cannot see how that sparkle thing can be a showstopper. Yes it took for a while to learn the thing when I needed to do that 15, but after learning, it was about only 5 tries to do 20 and 25 on later phases.

  8. #98
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default differences

    Quote Originally Posted by Arzka2 View Post
    I cannot see how that sparkle thing can be a showstopper. Yes it took for a while to learn the thing when I needed to do that 15, but after learning, it was about only 5 tries to do 20 and 25 on later phases.
    I know right! I can't see why people have such a hard time dunking a basketball either! I mean, it took me a while at first, but once I got my foooting down it's pretty easy.

    Ignore the fact I'm 6'7".....


    People have different abilities, physical and mental......

  9. #99
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default creative solutions to sparkle quest

    Posted this in wrong thread:

    Creative ways to change particle quest
    The Devs sound genuine about the desire to change this aspect of the Eternal grind, but unwilling to tackle the spaghetti code of that specific quest and possibly break something. Perhaps as a community we can come up with some ideas that might preserve some challenge, but work outside that particular code. Some thoughts...

    There is a craftable item called the Glyph of Shalistiri or something like that. It makes you light and bouncy, like being on PTW. Could not the physics be made to slow fall rate further when using this crafted item? I mod for Freedom Force, that uses an older version of the nettimerse/gamebryo engine, as well as Fallout which uses a newer version. In both, its quite easy for me to make characters "glide" at whatever rate I like.

    Another thought is an option to attain particles elsewhere. If "Cosmic Particles" are a local variable that is only used in these two quests...make it a global and attainable by some other means so you already have a set amount before you even set foot on the Blindspot. Perhaps you can purchase 5 a week with tower fragments or loyalty. Or add them to an existing quest as a reward for weeklies in VP. It shouldn't be very costly, since, without modifying the current code, you'll lose all your particles when you fail.

    I think if we think outside the box there are all sorts of ways of lessening the burden of this quest without directly modifying the challenging code.

    Any other suggestions?

  10. #100
    Ascendant Onebutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    Just curious if there is any approximate time frame for releasing these changes?
    Like a month or two weeks? Obviously after some of the bug fixes, but when you have an alt at 50/100 experts is it worth to grind that out now or wait until the *change hits!* hahah. thanks.
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

  11. #101
    Telaran Vishimtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    Just curious if there is any approximate time frame for releasing these changes?
    Like a month or two weeks? Obviously after some of the bug fixes, but when you have an alt at 50/100 experts is it worth to grind that out now or wait until the *change hits!* hahah. thanks.
    Grind it the time frame on bug fixes is always indeterminate, I was at 50 SPE four days ago now Im on IROTP kills.

  12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #102
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    Just curious if there is any approximate time frame for releasing these changes?
    Most likely is for next week. But that is dependent on getting it well-tested, so the time frame is not a promise. But it is certainly my intent.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

    "Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

  13. #103
    Telaran Vishimtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    88

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Most likely is for next week. But that is dependent on getting it well-tested, so the time frame is not a promise. But it is certainly my intent.
    How soon will PTS be available again to test it?

  14. #104
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    19

    Default Thank You

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Most likely is for next week. But that is dependent on getting it well-tested, so the time frame is not a promise. But it is certainly my intent.
    I am looking forward to ANY change you make in this quest line. There are a lot of opinions posted here and many are valid. Thanks also to RoughRaptor for your contribution.
    Now...
    1. Why was a jumping puzzle EVER put into a weapon or armor quest. It's an achievement, no more no less. Let people go to TOK if they want to do puzzles. (Dead Simon...luv your puzzles) It never should have been a pre-req for doing more DPS. Needs to be removed completely.
    2. 100 Experts, there was no "value" in having to do that many. It was just a grind, and hard to complete with only 4 dungeons available. It is where I am stuck right now having done 52/100. By value I mean, there were no drops that I could use (except to sell). No exp. Outdated currency.
    3. Wicket was hard but at least I got loot from the runs.

    So, going forward, I'm sure many people would like to know, When are you going to do something about the locked Fragment slots? They have been there quite awhile.
    AND where is the Ethernal ARMOR? The only place it is available now is from a DEV drop during the Twitch broadcast. really?
    Why leave so many things unfinished here and move valuable programming time to releasing a PRIME server.
    RIFT is a great game. Most games have their flaws, some get fixed, some we learn to live with. I just hope that Trion doesn't divert resources from the core of Rift to other activities and games in it's portfolio and leave Rift to the same fate and Devilian.

    Varder

  15. #105
    Telaran Vishimtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    88

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Varder View Post
    I am looking forward to ANY change you make in this quest line. There are a lot of opinions posted here and many are valid. Thanks also to RoughRaptor for your contribution.
    Now...
    1. Why was a jumping puzzle EVER put into a weapon or armor quest. It's an achievement, no more no less. Let people go to TOK if they want to do puzzles. (Dead Simon...luv your puzzles) It never should have been a pre-req for doing more DPS. Needs to be removed completely.
    2. 100 Experts, there was no "value" in having to do that many. It was just a grind, and hard to complete with only 4 dungeons available. It is where I am stuck right now having done 52/100. By value I mean, there were no drops that I could use (except to sell). No exp. Outdated currency.
    3. Wicket was hard but at least I got loot from the runs.

    So, going forward, I'm sure many people would like to know, When are you going to do something about the locked Fragment slots? They have been there quite awhile.
    AND where is the Ethernal ARMOR? The only place it is available now is from a DEV drop during the Twitch broadcast. really?
    Why leave so many things unfinished here and move valuable programming time to releasing a PRIME server.
    RIFT is a great game. Most games have their flaws, some get fixed, some we learn to live with. I just hope that Trion doesn't divert resources from the core of Rift to other activities and games in it's portfolio and leave Rift to the same fate and Devilian.

    Varder
    since the second game in their portfolio began it all other projects have siphoned off Rift that was the point of it being profitable so they could expand, that being said, those other projects have expanded, some have failed, this game will die if you continue to divert funding and personell to anything else

    on that note back to the subject here, the reason the eternal was made so long and grindy was so they would have an excuse to delay more content release in exchange for using the resources on other projects

    I can only hope they are seeing the mistake in attempting to slow down progress in the fading interest the game is recieving from the grindier less complete state it is in

    you want us to grind give us crafted chondritic equipment in every other slot of gear we have and let us work on progressing that up

    make frags tradeable, make AH cross shard and yes remove puzzle type functions from gear upgrading that have no connection to Tok and Deadsimon

    If Deadsimon wants us to do more puzzles for him he can take the Particles out of the Eternal and offer us more than fluff for the completion of his portion of the game activities

    I love puzzles, I do not like having puzzles forced down my throat for zone conquers and epic content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts