+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: QOL: Eternal Weapon Upgrade Update!

Quote Originally Posted by Treponem View Post
    I don't suscribe to your point of view and it doesn't allow you to treat me of "jerk".
    I think accelerated path is a good thing, only for rerolls/alts.
    If Trion wants to stop new players from leaving, they just have to pay more attention to class balancing, bug fixing, add more pve content and put their remaining devs on live Rift instead of born dead prime server.
    Sorry, this wasn't directed at you personally, but I can't stand the elitist thinking that runs rampant in some posts.
    I agree with your last sentence fully, but this is a move in the good direction, we just have to hope more will follow.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Telaran

My alts are very excited about these changes and have been bouncing around happily at the thought of being played again I had stopped playing them after going through the eternal once for my main so they have been pouting in the corner and drawing on the walls with crayons......

I agree with everyone though that the 25 particles is frustrating. Would it be possible to make it an achievement gained across the account like Wicket so that it does not need to be done more than once?

For the people that already did it the hard way, maybe give them 1 or 2 completed eternal weapons for alts as a reward for sticking with it as it was and doing it the hard way? This might lessen some of the grumpy some people are feeling and showing even though most of us are very glad of the upcoming changes and appreciate it very very much, even if it is our alts that benefit at this point

Tacitus, RR and their crew ROCK ! wish we could clone em....
    Last edited by Daementia; 02-01-2018 at 06:16 AM.
    C is for Cookie.... that's good enough for me!

What is the next step ? To put it in the Rift's store ?
    That's what I was hoping for anyway, but this'll work.
    Last edited by Shhhh; 02-01-2018 at 05:37 AM.

I don't suscribe to your point of view and it doesn't allow you to treat me of "jerk".
    I think accelerated path is a good thing, only for rerolls/alts.
    If Trion wants to stop new players from leaving, they just have to pay more attention to class balancing, bug fixing, add more pve content and put their remaining devs on live Rift instead of born dead prime server.
    As a returning player that has been playing with other returning player, I can safely say you are misguided on what you think will keep new players from leaving. What you listed there isn't something new players are even aware of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    As a returning player that has been playing with other returning player, I can safely say you are misguided on what you think will keep new players from leaving. What you listed there isn't something new players are even aware of yet.
    You're right.
    My exact thought is in fact "if Trion wants to stop players from leaving, they just have to pay more attention to class balancing, bug fixing, add more pve content and put their remaining devs on live Rift instead of born dead prime server".
    And I did not even speak about pvp current state which scared off another bunch of players.
    But when I listen to you sayin that you're hoping to see eternal weapon in Rift's store I understand I'm belonging to the "old world", where stuff and precisely BiS stuff is rewarding some efforts.

But when I listen to you sayin that you're hoping to see eternal weapon in Rift's store I understand I'm belonging to the "old world", where stuff and precisely BiS stuff is rewarding some efforts.
    My join date is long before yours. I respect your position as I come from the "old world" as an end game raider, but in that old world I had a lot more time than I do now. I just want to catch up somewhat to raid again instead of being hard gated due to weapon just like many others. The time to raid is much less than the time to grind. Even if the weapon upgrade was added to the shop, there are still a great many things not in the shop like fragments, essences, raid gear, upgrades to that gear, etc.

edit: I agree class balancing, content and bug fixing are essential and once the new/returning players are caught up we'll be right there with you requesting those things. We're never happy . I miss PVP as well. Icewatch memories...

Something that may be helpful as a returning player is before coming back I looked into other games and nothing out there comes close to what Rift offers. Sure there may be new games on the horizon, but how many of those so often get cancelled or rush release and fail? Rift has a lot to offer even in its current state for lots of players and it still ranks really well. The population loss in general has been felt across the MMO industry in totality due to the genre fading. At least this was still here and I'm enjoying it again.
    Last edited by Shhhh; 02-01-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daementia View Post
    I agree with everyone though that the 25 particles is frustrating. Would it be possible to make it an achievement gained across the account like Wicket so that it does not need to be done more than once?
    THAT is a very good idea, and maybe can be done without touching the delicate web of this quest code

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Particles

what I would like to see..

first step... 10 particles (if the red are in as well) or 15 without a chance at hitting red particles

halfway 15 particles with the red in.

end 20 or 22 particles, so you get some space to hit a red one.. Since not all red in raids will instantly kill you either.

25... achievement, with rewards such as : unique weapon look, title, Wicket is Good-minion.. (and those should never be available on store)

Thumbs up Yay!

I'm not much for posting in forums, but, as a long time player and Riftfan this QOL change is making me much happy. My guild is a small to medium size guild that, surprisingly would be able to easily field a 20 man end game content raid. What makes me happiest is not having to tell returning raiders that it will take them 5 to 6 months to be able to join our raiding. The disappointment in their voices and the dwindling logins were making me sad.
    So... Thank you for this change! And not just because my alts will immediately benefit. I'm expecting an immediate uptick in activity.

Tacitus THANK YOU---I hope the people like me who suffer vertigo will also be remembered.
    Have you ever wanted to?

Soulwalker

Default Other Options

If the 25 particles is extremely rough/hard for some players how about an option to use useless ethereal shards say something like 25k you can by pass the 15, 50k you can by pass the 20 and 75k to by pass the 25 particles.

Did the grind on 3 toons for eternal glad my other 2 will have a much easier path to the eternal as I use my toons for what the raid needs.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #72
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

The PTS has been updated again, and the issue with the quest "Weapon's Thirst" should be fixed.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #73

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The PTS has been updated again, and the issue with the quest "Weapon's Thirst" should be fixed.
    The UI portion should be there as well. Go try to break it :-P
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Quote Originally Posted by Morbed73 View Post
    If the 25 particles is extremely rough/hard for some players how about an option to use useless ethereal shards say something like 25k you can by pass the 15, 50k you can by pass the 20 and 75k to by pass the 25 particles.
    That's another very good idea. Solves the problem and finds some use for etheral shards.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #75
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Addendum. Raptors has more work to do.

There are still issues with seeing the quest depending on whether or not the weapon was equipped (as would make sense) vs just in your bags as you get into draw distance of the NPC.

I will just have to steal RR's birthday tomorrow as punishment.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast