+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: QOL: Eternal Weapon Upgrade Update!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The particle requirements are not currently changed. I would like to investigate adding an alternative, and that may still happen but the reality is that the sparkles bit is SUPER heavy scripted and would chew up an unknown amount of time just adjusting how that one bit works.

So changing the particles requirement adds two very expensive things - time and risk. Which isn't to say that such a change isn't worthwhile or shouldn't be done.

But what it does mean is that it was beyond the scope of what I could do right now, and rather than hold up the other adjustments to wait on particles, I opted to get the rest of the changes out now, and then can circle back to the particles at a later point.

I understand if you can't remove it. However, I assume it would be easy enough to change the number? I was thinking 5/10/15 or 5/15/20. I'm also assuming it's either a constant or a variable which shouldn't be too hard to change? But if that can't be done either. Thank you for all the rest, I really appreciate it.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Rift Master

Oh god I love this. The thought of a second 100 dungeons broke my soul. A third and fourth was not even to be contemplated. This is better than I ever hoped. I might even get my warrior his weapon with this change!

Re: Particles
    I had such trouble with this. I have extreme issues with depth perception. My problem was not being able to tell where my character was in proximity to the bubbles. I missed SO many due to thinking I was above them when I was below them. People suggested I keep my view directly behind my character, parallel with the horizon -- but this caused me to miss some of the farther out particles to the left or right of my field of vision. Looking directly down caused the depth perception issues. Ended up angling between those, and just hoping I didn't miss. I had to get incredibly lucky with red bubble placement and just constant repetition to manage to hit all 25 bubbles. I still feel that my 25 was luck, and not skill. Hours and hours and hours I spent.

The idea of an alternative is great. I like the suggestion above where grouping it allows you to group with someone to help complete it. Dunno if that's easier to code than an entirely different quest.
    Last edited by Iphigeneia; 01-31-2018 at 04:05 PM.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #33
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    I found that to be the easiest part of the whole quest line. I'm nearly blind, having to play on a 35 inch monitor (with my face but 18 inches from the screen so I can see things), have no left hand and still found it relatively easy to do.
    I am so envious. I have no real challenges to speak of and CANNOT do this step, heheh. TEACH US YOUR WAYS!

Brasse

Plane Walker

So I jumped on PTS and it is good but why did you not actively update the IROTP portion? That is in fact the biggest problem so it really only benefits VERY FEW players many who came into expansion much later or rerolled an alt or who get eternal to second to last upgrade just recently.

For instance, if you have 10/16 completed of IROTP on live, and you go to PTS you still need to do 6 of 6 IROTP!!! So for many who have 10 or more completed it is still 16 IROTP weeks for there eternal which did not catch YOU UP AT ALL. I don't get how that is catch up at all at least for main? Most of the other things don't matter except for maybe wicket.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-31-2018 at 04:32 PM.

The particle requirements are not currently changed. I would like to investigate adding an alternative, and that may still happen but the reality is that the sparkles bit is SUPER heavy scripted and would chew up an unknown amount of time just adjusting how that one bit works.

So changing the particles requirement adds two very expensive things - time and risk. Which isn't to say that such a change isn't worthwhile or shouldn't be done.

But what it does mean is that it was beyond the scope of what I could do right now, and rather than hold up the other adjustments to wait on particles, I opted to get the rest of the changes out now, and then can circle back to the particles at a later point.

Perhaps you can have it so that only the first one is mandatory (15) and just remove the other two, and have them as either dailies or keep the one for 25 as an achievement.. I realize it is work, but i think it would be a good change for many people. (yes, i realize some people face-roll through it,) but some get dizzy, have vision impairment (Depth of Field) and can't do it.. I would not want that to stop them from advancing. thank you.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Let me live again. Let life come find me wanting. Spring must strike again against the shield of winter. Let me feel once more, the arms of love surround me, telling me the danger's past, I need not fear the icy blast again!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    I understand if you can't remove it. However, I assume it would be easy enough to change the number? I was thinking 5/10/15 or 5/15/20. I'm also assuming it's either a constant or a variable which shouldn't be too hard to change? But if that can't be done either. Thank you for all the rest, I really appreciate it.
    Yea i second this and I second everything Widoes says in general
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Let me live again. Let life come find me wanting. Spring must strike again against the shield of winter. Let me feel once more, the arms of love surround me, telling me the danger's past, I need not fear the icy blast again!"

Thank you, Tacitus!! *cheer*

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    I assume it would be easy enough to change the number? I was thinking 5/10/15 or 5/15/20. I'm also assuming it's either a constant or a variable which shouldn't be too hard to change?
    It is sadly not that simple for that. Under the hood, it is subquests and invisible buff tracking, and a ton of scripting that eventually filter down to a quest completions and achievement triggers. That final quest completion and achievement trigger is then what gets tracked as essentially true/false (really a counter with an objective count of 1).

If it was just changing a number, I would do so in a heartbeat. Instead, it will require a bunch of surgery to really precise scripting which is where the risk I previously mentioned comes from. There is already a lot of risk from how much I did change (as evidenced by my efforts to figure out why people are unable to see the Weapon's Thirst quest).

Nothing is ever as easy as we hope it would be (except when it is). :P
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Rift Disciple

It is sadly not that simple for that. Under the hood, it is subquests and invisible buff tracking, and a ton of scripting that eventually filter down to a quest completions and achievement triggers. That final quest completion and achievement trigger is then what gets tracked as essentially true/false (really a counter with an objective count of 1).

If it was just changing a number, I would do so in a heartbeat. Instead, it will require a bunch of surgery to really precise scripting which is where the risk I previously mentioned comes from. There is already a lot of risk from how much I did change (as evidenced by my efforts to figure out why people are unable to see the Weapon's Thirst quest).

How about as suggested earlier in this thread make the particle quest work in party, so one can help friends/have a friend help you?

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #40

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Possible bug

Is the quest "A Weapon's Thirst" still completable? Has it changed?

Live with the quest active:

Straight copy PTS and look - where is the quest?:

Someone on Discord was saying they couldn't find it. Can someone on the Expert stage on live with more than 25 dungeons and 50 rifts done see if they can find/complete A Weapon's Thirst? I don't have any characters I can do that on. Check Beoric Oswell in Alittu for starters.
    Well, this was a fun one. I just fixed it, and I gotta say it's a pretty amusing bug (to me at least).
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

omg, you can't just say that and not explain!

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #42

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    omg, you can't just say that and not explain!
    Sure I can :-P.

But if you really want to know, to check if you have the prerequisite or not (having the item in your inventory), it checks to see an item in your inventory matches the one set up in the prerequisite. Simple, right?...Sorta.

The problem is that a ton of extra information lives on every item such as information regarding runes, orbs, enchants...etc. If the item had any runes or PA enchants on it, the comparison operator would return false because technically it's a different item than the default template inputted in from data.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Plane Touched

Thank you very much for the reply and explanation. Damn coding, I guess structured text is much more complicated than ladder logic or function blocks. But thank you again for the changes.

Huge improvement thanks!
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I am so envious. I have no real challenges to speak of and CANNOT do this step, heheh. TEACH US YOUR WAYS!

Brasse
    --
    This helped me very much:

Think I had success on the Faeblight shard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast