+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: QOL: Eternal Weapon Upgrade Update!

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    Can you please please please change the particle quest to something not 25.. SO many people have complained over that part of the chain. I know really good raiders who couldn't do it, so please look into changing that - that part was the worst. make it like 8/12/16 or something more manageable.
    or maybe remove it totally... this is a daily and should have been only this, an OPTIONAL daily for people who like jumping puzzles.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 01-31-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    Can confirm that at least for experts/rifts, progress seems to carry over. My mage is 75/100 experts on live, and copied to PTS this is what his eternal looks like:

ty very much for these good news

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Did anybody check the first step for the particles?

15 still and with the red bubbles?

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post

15 still and with the red bubbles?
    I became crazy on it , but a little dwarf say's me that there are different passway in all the servers

change server and chose the best passway..

I can't do more than 5 before this information
    now i can do 22 at best moment... but 25 mean no error.. quite not very a good way to keep you mind safe..

Now my question..
    are quest in log will be changed.. i'm ont 12/50 colossus end boss event... and it is quite hard to tag a boss in mentoring when a 70 came full and one shot the boss before 30 sec after poping... so...
    Last edited by Oolanh; 01-31-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Thank you for your hard work cannot imagine what it took.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 01-31-2018 at 02:50 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    The particle requirements are not currently changed. I would like to investigate adding an alternative, and that may still happen but the reality is that the sparkles bit is SUPER heavy scripted and would chew up an unknown amount of time just adjusting how that one bit works.

So changing the particles requirement adds two very expensive things - time and risk. Which isn't to say that such a change isn't worthwhile or shouldn't be done.

But what it does mean is that it was beyond the scope of what I could do right now, and rather than hold up the other adjustments to wait on particles, I opted to get the rest of the changes out now, and then can circle back to the particles at a later point.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

So basically, other than for the Wicket portion, it's now get the first blue stage of the eternal in < 6 hours.

I firmly believe keeping the last stage requiring the 25 particles is a good thing. If one some how can't figure out over 6 weeks how to be Buzz Lightyear (falling with Style) to get the particles...

I found that to be the easiest part of the whole quest line. I'm nearly blind, having to play on a 35 inch monitor (with my face but 18 inches from the screen so I can see things), have no left hand and still found it relatively easy to do.

Need to also keep it at the High Priest kills. If one also can't do the DPS to get the High Priest down with the first level of the eternal, getting the final one isn't going to help out any way.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Plane Touched

I think wicket lvl requirement should be removed or level it to level 5, and make dungeons to lvl 40 or so. Rifters just want to get on with it and with the grind still on weapon and bow and then getting gear along with fragments/ essences etc, having to stall for a week or so is kind of frustrating because there is "nothing" to do in b/w those times as you are just weak to really be able to participate in anything. and with 6irotp still to do , ur still waiting a while until there is a substantial dps increase from 2nd2lasteternal
    Last edited by Killerloose; 01-31-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    or maybe remove it totally... this is a daily and should have been only this, an OPTIONAL daily for people who like jumping puzzles.
    Is this quest doable as a group? It's not instanced, so seems like you should be able to get a guildie with twitch reflexes to do it for/with you.

General of Telara

Thanks for this Tacitus it is very good news. Thanks RoughRaptors too.

I hope to see these on live as quick as we can.

Tacitus for class balance please

Possible bug

Is the quest "A Weapon's Thirst" still completable? Has it changed?

Live with the quest active:

Straight copy PTS and look - where is the quest?:

Someone on Discord was saying they couldn't find it. Can someone on the Expert stage on live with more than 25 dungeons and 50 rifts done see if they can find/complete A Weapon's Thirst? I don't have any characters I can do that on. Check Beoric Oswell in Alittu for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Possible bug
    Someone on Discord was saying they couldn't find it. Can someone on the Expert stage on live with more than 25 dungeons and 50 rifts done see if they can find/complete A Weapon's Thirst? I don't have any characters I can do that on. Check Beoric Oswell in Alittu for starters.
    I checked on my lunch break. I have a character at 34 of 100 dungeons and 125 done of 160 rifts. It shows 25/25 dungeons done and 80/80 Rifts. My particles were done so they are not showing up on my weapon on PTS. It does show "Complete the quest: A weapon's Thirst". I tried talking to Beoric in Alittu and nothing

However, I think that part of the changes may have been part of what RoughRaptors worked on and his code did not get to the PTS this week.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    However, I think that part of the changes may have been part of what RoughRaptors worked on and his code did not get to the PTS this week.
    What I did was solely new UI tracking.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Ok, RoughRaptors. Thanks. I will get back into the PTS on my character that is now DONE with the dungeon phase of the quest and go hunting for a way to complete that quest. More to follow.
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 01-31-2018 at 03:55 PM.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quest: A Weapon's Thirst

Requirements - lv 70 and have one of the 5 eternal weapons at stage 4, given by Beoric in Alittu.

Objectives:
    Capture 20 Particles of Cosmic Energy
    Return to Beoric Oswell in Alittu
    Enter the portal
    Capture the Eternal Gauntlet

If that is not working, then it is a bug. But such bugs would not surprise me - the scripting of the whole chain was fairly convoluted and I asked for the PTS to be updates before QA has even taken a first glance at all the changes I made - I wanted to get as many eyes on the changes as soon as possible. ;)

I am looking into this now.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast