+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2018: RIFT ON! Development Letter Now Available!

So instead of fixing the monetization system on the existing servers, where many previous subscribtion players that never wanted to play F2P have their well-invested characters, you go the ArcheAge way and try to milk players again?!

For those that are not involved in ArcheAge 'Fresh Start': you need a brand new account, you can't transfer characters and you need to purchase all stuff again ofc. If it's like that for RIFT I say RIP.

The only right way would have been to fix the existing gameplay and monetization issues for ALL players, but I guess that doesn't make $$$ fast enough.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 550+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Default This really worries me.

Okay... I tend to feel I am rambling when I hop on to give my current thoughts... but here my glitch... Prime, at first sounds interesting.. till I start to realize this is not how to grow a community... I was glad when SL hit, with the free-to-play setup. And I know, a lot of folks are saying outright P2W... but hey it takes a person willing to actually, /spend/ money on that to get that thought process. I spend money on Mounts, wardrobe.. and Dim stuff. I am not that interested in the fast way to do anything.

So no I am not really all that interested in another setup with 'hey ya gotta pay to play this sever' attitude. If it is attached to the Patrons... then I might actually look at the idea. But here the thing. I got all the slots I could... I have alts like crazy, I am really not interested the whole 'starting from scratch.'

I dunno why, but it really bugs me that now the Devs are looking at the style of Archeage... Oi.. I /dislike/ that game in so many ways. Yes I play there... but in very short bursts. If RIFT is truly looking that way... ugh. I really won't be able to tolerate playing.

I am really happy by the idea of new IA's. Very much so... but I want some of the ablitiy to get faster rep. Not potions... not hey will give you an RNG chance... Ugh, I highly dislike RNG through and through. Also, careful at the idea of making the zone like GUILD WARS... Why? because there are a great many of us, that are glad by given choices. Not forced.

I am glad you are at least sounding like you are taking PVP seriously. But as for promises of the last year... I am not putting my eggs into that basket. This is not something to be light with. Yes there is a bunch of PVPer that are way beyond annoyed... But you cannot sit there and write something, and not take the issue before you as a slight. I myself, is not a PVPer.. but I also strong believe that all types are needed to be in the game. PvPers have some of the interesting ideas, that leak into PvE later. And Vice versa.

Above all, I guess my attitude with this note is... it all sounds gimmicky. I always look forward to new stuff. But my tastes, are generally not in the fore front of most. I am more just... bored with hey we came out with tier three... or hey there is a new area with drops... but guess what? All the gear is a rehash of the armor I have already collected in wardrobe. I am really sick of the whole lets rehash the old, why? Cause people have fond memories of these places.

I guess I just want something to hunt to give me a reason to sit out in spots killing the same critter over and over... and not just because of an achieve that says to kill 700.

I do have a question to something mentioned... Does that mean, that we are finally getting a pool to what all our characters collect in currency? And the old stuff... that we cannot obtain for anything... or the Store has, but cannot get... Are things going to change so people possibly get the wardrobe items?

I think I am done writting.... I love RIFT. Really love RIFT. I just really hope that all of you ((Devs)) understand, you need to listen to the community and take things seriously. We already lost so much... With you all not really listening.

~~* Insanity is a lifestyle, not a problem *~~

Faeblight Characters:
    Solarion, Montago, Rhyallynn (warrior) Ariamas, Erdariel, Kaydori (mage) Draconiairaonheart, Delafontesharpe (rogue) Tamori, Stevecalloway (cleric) Ahriyann (Primalist)

Default cost versus quality

I will get this out of the way right now...Played since early beta, loved Rift, storm legion and hell even liked the vertical element of NT, now raiding in PoA and enjoying that (thanks to a great guild).

Thanks for getting the producer letter out, it will get some discussion going on and feed the idea factory!

However I can only (and barely at that) afford one patron/subscription on one game at a time.

Two things to consider:

The cost of implementing prime is lower potentially than creating entirely new content as the framework, models, textures, artwork, narrative etc. is already in place and they basically need to run it as a separate instance/version of game, and yes rulesets and progression locks will have to be put in place but probably still cheaper to do this than create a couple of new 20-mans/conquest/expansion.

the quality of the original world is known, it after all had extensive testing, had extensive live testing, had literally years of repairs and fixes made, which later content has had less of, generally speaking.

So by going down this route TRION hope to pull back those lost players, by giving them a quality experience for a fraction of the cost it would involve in creating new content for the existing players who are continuing to fund the cost of running this great beastie of a game....

If they charge a separate patron or sub for PRIME to Live then you will simply end up with two distinct player communities, Prime vs F2P (current) and that may have significant repercussions on what the overall experience is like for everyone.

My two pennies worth - I cant afford both so if I had to choose....I would stay with current Rift unless there was a significant incentive to going back to the start - and I didn't have to pay for it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    So instead of fixing the monetization system on the existing servers, where many previous subscribtion players that never wanted to play F2P have their well-invested characters, you go the ArcheAge way and try to milk players again?!

For those that are not involved in ArcheAge 'Fresh Start': you need a brand new account, you can't transfer characters and you need to purchase all stuff again ofc. If it's like that for RIFT I say RIP.

The only right way would have been to fix the existing gameplay and monetization issues for ALL players, but I guess that doesn't make $$$ fast enough.
    If thats the case which actually I was thinking would happen, that explains recent addition of cheap loyalty coming with dragons hoard box. Since it will be fresh any benefit you can get from current live would let you get slight advantage over most other people.

So we can also expect patron from live won't be in effect for prime too which is making things more saddening.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets: some tweaks, XP Bars fixed
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

I mean guys, you need to accept Rift are making decisions that have one purpose alone, to keep the money coming in. So people need to hold off before ranting at Trion for making silly decisions like splitting the population base etc. They know what the current taste in the mmo market is and that's vanilla servers. This has a large potential to bring in new and former players, they know this, most know this, so don't argue it. I've already posted this to 5 other friends, and they're all keen, none of them are keen to play Rift in it's lacking content & P2W state.

Admittedly I AM hesitant if it will work or not, I don't think they have the team to implement a Vanilla servers while also addressing previous bugs (maybe?). Or they're more likely to open it up in it's completely raw state as it was previously. But consider it this, a Vanilla server might not require a huge amount of development after release as it's very important to keep it as raw as possible, flaws and all. So more income could be beneficial (though that's likely not to go back into Rift).

We all know a new BG won't fix PvP, and Trion know this too, so please don't call them out for their ignorance, you really think they don't know this? They probably had the BG almost complete, and are rolling it out.

New Raid? Classic one with a hungry dragon? Isn't that Green Scale's Blight? One of the worst vanilla raids lol? Admittedly this one makes my heart sink. I want to see the lavish art of previous raids, and we once again get one of the boring ones XD

If you've read my previous posts you know I don't outright defend Trion, but there's a time and place to ridicule them, and this isn't it, as your wasting your time by saying "DON'T DO THAT", just reflect a little on why they might be doing this, reflect on the current game and the likelihood of it making a turn back to the old days, reflect on the possibility that a radical move like this might be one of the only things to keep Rift stable.
    Last edited by Refuge; 01-19-2018 at 12:52 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Although I am not likely to play on the Prime server unless Patron on current servers gives me access to it, I am all in favor of Trion going forward in this direction IF all revenues from this endeavor are reinvested into Rift (non-prime).

Telaran

Default no expansion this year??

maybe i am wrong and i hope i am but from the letter it seems that there wont be new expansion this year, if there was he would give us hint or something but no it seems very little amount of content this year, feels bad man.

So funny when they're talking about the Mystic Archer "success" , this new useless soul...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Treponem View Post
    So funny when they're talking about the Mystic Archer "success" , this new useless soul...
    Success as in successfully sold a ton of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I'll be honest - not sure how one manages class balance in a game with over 4,000 soul combinations, but the team is always looking at data, numbers and feedback.
    =)
    Brasse
    We aren't expecting you to balance 4000 soul combinations. Just have ONE dps soul for each class within 5-10% of each other, all supports should be made useful again (BM, Bard, Oracle even Mystic should be as desirable as Archon), tanks are in an ok spot at the moment, maybe some slight healing changes but that isn't a major issue at the moment. Once that is done whoever is dealing with class balance at the moment can work on other souls, bringing them up to par with the top performing ones.

We certainly don't need a repeat of the 4.1 "balancing" changes.

Warriors want some love too
    Last edited by Maltie; 01-19-2018 at 03:00 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Telaran

I hope you guys do the same for Archeage.

Quote Originally Posted by StarKnight View Post
    Although I am not likely to play on the Prime server unless Patron on current servers gives me access to it, I am all in favor of Trion going forward in this direction IF all revenues from this endeavor are reinvested into Rift (non-prime).
    I agree, in all truth, it's likely to be proportional. So if they make more money, there will be more money in Rift, but I doubt all funds will be redirected into Rift. As any multiple games company, a proportion of the money gets reinvested into newer games, one's where the ratio of investment to profit is much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by nima View Post
    maybe i am wrong and i hope i am but from the letter it seems that there wont be new expansion this year, if there was he would give us hint or something but no it seems very little amount of content this year, feels bad man.

You see this is where your reflective skills on the current state of the game is seriously lacking (nothing personal). The chances of a new expansion this year is so painstakingly obvious this shouldn't even be a question. Rift need a serious boost in their profits for there even to be a new expansion.

BoS with last until about early Easter. All of tier 2 gear is available from 3 bosses. This alone is dodgy. There is less than 20 guilds that have cleared it, so after the nerf this will be stretched out. "Greenscale's Blight" will take over, some raid rifts will be added either before or after the new raid. I can't quite tell if this will stay around tier 2 as it seems a bit early for tier 3. There's a high chance here that it will be ALL of tier 3 gear (more gear, more repetition).

Around Summer we'll hopefully see something new, probably an intro to Ankhets tower or another filler. So this will be tier 3 or 4. If these vanilla servers don't bring in the dosh, it's looking like potentially tier 5 gear from another reboot, or even worse. But let's not concern ourselves about this :P
    Last edited by Refuge; 01-19-2018 at 03:33 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

We have heard a rising tide of feedback from people who want a return to the subscription model, where everything is included in the price of admission. We are answering it with the RIFT Prime endeavor. Players will finally be able to choose for themselves between the subscription and F2P models.

But those of us that would like to see a subscription model instead of the P2W model currently in place do not want to have to start all over at level 1. We worked hard and earned our levels and gear etc and put a lot of time and effort and in some cases money too already into our current lil toons I also agree with the others that I would not pay for the Prime server AND Patron so would like to hear if the Prime server will be included in Patron. To be honest though, I have no interest in starting over and losing all my hard work to be able to go to a subscription model. I feel it should be available as a choice on the current servers.

Many of us feel Mystic Archer should not have to pick up arrows. Mages by nature should have the ability to summon arrows to hand, not fumble about on the ground for them. Why would "non-magic" based classes be able to shoot arrow after arrow magically but Mages not? It does not make sense. Tis a shame because I had been excited to be able to shoot arrows but when I saw all that, I refuse to pay for or play that soul.

Re-vamping old content over and over instead of giving the players that are still here and have still been faithful something new is frustrating. The Discord channels and other chat channels blow up in disappointment every time this has been done and people toss up their hands n leave. You have very talented and creative people. Let them create.

Dynamic matching characters to their zone.... just please no nonono

Why would you cap how many professions a character can have? Again this is just something that would frustrate players, people do not want to have to switch back and forth between characters to create one item........It is bad enough that most of the professions have become almost useless (example Runecrafter: where are the runes like we used to have? Where are the runes we were promised at the beginning of this expansion when all the old runes were rendered unusable?)

I think that having the class balancing spread out between devs instead of all on one person is great Hopefully that will make balancing closer of a reality, instead of having it be whatever the favorite class of a dev is at the time.

What is being done about a catch up model for the eternal weapon to draw back players or retain new ones? Will there be a way for our alts to benefit from the hard work of our mains for this also?

The fragment system.... being skewed to the opposite class type still needs to be addressed. A mage should get mage type drops. A rogue should get rogue type drops, etc. We should not have to play classes we do not want to just to get fragments for our mains......The RNG on them is just insanely bad.

Will the mount mini events ever be brought back? Why were they ended? A lot of us are close to getting our unicorns or budgies etc. and then they just stopped dead with no explanation....

Love the "relist all" button

*goes back to her dimensions for a bit because dimensions rock! \o/*
    Last edited by Daementia; 01-19-2018 at 03:43 AM.
    C is for Cookie.... that's good enough for me!

Plane Touched

Default Not Impressed- and it will not bring me back sadly...

I was hoping for a letter with some hope for improvement on this game. I moved on a year ago to a different game but I still check on my Rift guild a couple of times a week and visit the forums. This does little but convince me the Korean MMO model is the way Rift has gone and all the splendid creativity, thoughtful stat balancing, kickass pvp, progression based rewards, and amusing writing (remember the Cosmic Rhinoceros?) have gone the way of the dodo bird. There is no way I would pay to join *one* server and level *one* character when I already have 6 that I do not play. I do not play because the grindfest is insane, the content unoriginal, and the RNG too extreme. I was hoping this letter would spur me to reconsider and return to my languishing guild in Rift. Instead I just see an attempt by the talent left at Rift (a few devs trying to hold the game together with chewing gum and paperclips and an extremely talented art department) making an effort to appeal to the playerbase when poor managerial decisions have been made.

As a small teaser of what’s to come, dynamically matching characters to their current zone’s level, dungeons dropping loot specific to your character’s true level, caps on the number of professions available to a single character, and participation awards that carry over to your characters on existing servers.

Not really understanding this part...Are all these things only for PRIME, for live, or for both?

Dynamic level matching please NO on current live, this destroys the feeling of power you have while leveling and gearing, I don't want to fight my way on artifacts in low level zones, and I like to solo old group content for fun and wardrobe, but if it is only on the Prime server, I'm ok.

The words about dungeon loot "character true level" : What does this mean? Does it mean when you do dungeons on PRIME you get loot on live too? Or does this mean you can do dungeons mentored down and get high level loot?

I'm a long time patron, and I will not pay both subscriptions, so will PRIME access be included in patron?

Worst thing about this PRIME is what you say : it WILL end? so we will loose everything we did on it? This is enough for me to not be interested... I don't want to play for months and see it disappear.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 01-19-2018 at 04:46 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast