+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 2018: RIFT ON! Development Letter Now Available!

BMX
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I'll be honest - not sure how one manages class balance in a game with over 4,000 soul combinations, but the team is always looking at data, numbers and feedback.
    =)
    Brasse
    Brasse, they were able to do it for both PvE and PvP during Vanilla and SL, so off to work we go!
    Banned

The only way i see people paying for Rift Prime is if they charge 1/2 of what WoW charges for a sub considering the depth and population comparing the two games. Another thing also is it sounds like something like this will split the player base up with a already small community as it is, i just don't see how this will improve this game's popularity.
    Fugzy@Deepwood - -Mage
    Fugz@Deepwood - - Rogue
    Fug@Deepwood - - War
    Fugza@Deepwood - - Cleric
    Primmo@Deepwood - - Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Seems communities main purpose on rejection of challenge servers is disregarded and no matter what they want to split current population.

I honestly don't think most of veterans who raided hardcorely on chocolate rift would come back to do same boss kills again.

This is prime example of how to not manage game for over years and yes we found the issue and going back to original state of game.
    I mean the Prime Servers sounds like Trion's answer to Classic Servers in WoW, some people do like old content however the Letter is so vague no one really knows how its going to play out. I will say right now with the game current iteration is not working. Content is fiercely lacking for PvE and PvP players alike. The Eternal Grind was not well received by the community. And current raid tier consists of only 3 bosses (BoS). PvP is in shambles and seems to favor only certain classes.
    Sydaphex the Wandering Mage

Default Maybe allow us to Transfer our Characters?

I have always been a subscriber to RIFT and when RIFT went F2P I became a Patron, how would that work if I wanted to go to Prime RIFT instead? Do I have to leave behind all my characters and all that I have collected on each of them and start back from square one? I wouldn't mind the Rift I played before F2P but I don't want to give up all that I have gotten over the years to do it. I could maybe see this working if I could transfer my existing characters with all I have accumulated on each to the Prime Rift so that I do not have to start at square one. If not then... I will pass. But will be waiting to hear more. Side note.... What I would really like to see is very long hair for my male elf characters

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
    I mean the Prime Servers sounds like Trion's answer to Classic Servers in WoW, some people do like old content however the Letter is so vague no one really knows how its going to play out. I will say right now with the game current iteration is not working. Content is fiercely lacking for PvE and PvP players alike. The Eternal Grind was not well received by the community. And current raid tier consists of only 3 bosses (BoS). PvP is in shambles and seems to favor only certain classes.
    I know what prime means for version wise of RIFT, chocolate era was best you could get even server crashes etc didn't stop many players but day after day and year after year some absurd ideas implemented to game, I alpha tested storm legion and tested many raid bosses on chocolate and storm legion till I stop, most of ideas, suggestions, we give never listened on that period. As of result after failed raid encounters and poorly managed game issues many subs left game and they introduced F2P which at first was good but couple problems I already explained on forums made most veterans stop game after F2P too and now they want to introduce classic servers under label of prime and expect many veterans to come back in game.

Instead of doing this why they didn't listen most feedbacks and implied such rules on live servers in time?

I'm always honest on this forums and I always stand who or what is right, if Trion/RIFT management do good step I'll cover them, if not I won't thats simple. I'm one of the biggest fans of this game who played hardcorely on both pvp and pve any time I was on it. They even surpressed people who was honest about issues on previous time.

Anyway hope I'm wrong and they will succeed on that "new" "old" idea.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

BMX
    Champion

After reading the letter, I'm certainly on the fence as to what it translates to for the future.

No mention of:

1. 20 Man content returned.
    2. Conquest.
    3. Maintenance of Rift Original content flow.

Mention of:

1. Single warfront.
    2. Paywall restricted shard. (leading to segregation of the community)
    3. The return of Adam 12, Gilligan's Island and Bewitched reruns.

Does it look like the mark was missed? Too early to say. The praise of "Challenge Servers" was um, unique. Yet, we are going to direct our limited resources to "Prime Shard". FIX WHAT WE HAVE FIRST AND FOREMOST!!!

Things that need fixed sooner than later:

1. Souls...
    2. Class Balance PvE/PvP.
    3. 20 Man raids.
    4. CQ
    5. Get the RNG boxes outta here! Put items on the store that we can simply buy the item we're
    trying to buy! This is NOT Las Vegas...
    6. Deal with the server lag.
    7. NEW raid content!!! MUST INCLUDE 20 MAN...
    8. NEW PvP content.
    9. World event on par with Volan... Come on, guys! You know that was one of the best of all
    time...

Time to get the job done on what we have seen done in the past, great content.
    Vanilla and SL had good quality/quantity content, now we have repeats and it's simply getting old. With that said, I firmly believe teh community deserves content as we have grown to expect.

Yus, the soul system is a disaster. With what was written, I have limited faith that they can fix this at any point.

Trion would love us to spend our earnings on credits, perhaps they can bring VALUE into the game once more and get the job done with the punch list above. If ya do, I can believe peeps will return. Peeps will be very gladly supportive. And it's entirely on Trion to get the word out that these items are resolved, once and for all.

On the "Prime" server, shelve it and build us an expac on the scale of SL... Seriously!!!

The "Active Player Crisis" might expand.
    Banned

Plane Walker

enjoy the ideas of "prime" servers though I am not fond of the ideas of revamping old raid favorites. as fun as they once were/might still be..... this prime server idea doesn't make me want to ditch all the years worth of work put into my old guys and do it "right" via the prime server the way I've been wanting to play rift for years.... screw lock boxes 100% it's 2018 that crap is old and boring.

-more costumes? yes please (but ditch the very ugly old school stuff )
    -more cool mounts? yes ! can never have enough mounts of course :P

- somewhat of a challenge for the Trion artists/devs etc would be to maybe "try out" a concept similar to how path of exile has done for their classes and skills/spells/effects by giving them new skins ( like mages getting skins for pets but for specific abilities ) and of course with the options to show "skinned effects" to yours only or everyone's....

maybe some other fantastic non pay to win concepts too? in order to replace any removed items from the stores?( gotta keep balance !)
    Last edited by sofeorus; 01-18-2018 at 07:04 PM.

We have heard a rising tide of feedback from people who want a return to the subscription model, where everything is included in the price of admission. We are answering it with the RIFT Prime endeavor. Players will finally be able to choose for themselves between the subscription and F2P models.

Brasse
    Is Patron on Live shards considered the subscription that will be used for Prime shards? Or is there going to be a separate subscription needed?

With the "progressively unlocked content" are you expecting people to continue playing on Live Servers aswell as Prime?

"plus the excitement of sequential progression through RIFT’s content with monthly milestones and achievements."
    Are these rewards going to be transferable to Live Shards so players can show them off?

Are you expecting players to play on Prime servers for 2-3 months during the "progression time" , complete the achievements, log back over to Live and wait for the rewards and the next "Season" ? Or are you expecting players to leave their Live accounts and have enough content to play 100% on Prime shards.

Hopefully the rewards are unique exclusive mounts/wardrobes/portraits that are only from these milestones and achievement. Please don't make it some suffix title that people can replicate with a last name scroll....

Would be nice to have players feel a sense of accomplishment again with raiding and rewards like the good ol' days.

Last edited by Boase; 01-18-2018 at 07:27 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Plane Walker

From the wording of the producers letter it looks like Greenscales Blight is getting the intrepid treatment.

Is this a return to 20 man raids?

Hope so...

PvP needs balance on the meta specs (maybe that will make it more easy) and not really the.. 4k souls combos..

PvE would need balance with the 61 specs (sorry PvE hybrid players -- I feel your pain)

You don't need to rework the souls, just buff/nerf skills/spells because all the souls have a rotation -- just buff/nerf it.

And uh.. y u do dat 2 me brazz, us dwarf RPers should stick together (sorry you knew it was coming )

Shadowlander

Let me firstly say, for the peeps who want RIFT Prime, I am very happy for you, but sadly I will not be able to take part (I am guessing) and here is why.....

I have 9 months left of my 12 month patron which I have already paid for and we cannot afford to pay another subscription alongside that (for content that we have already bought first time round), especially as my wife also plays.

I realise that the content letter is very rough, with no specific details, but with no new pve content (a revamped old raid is not new) to look forward to, I am concerned that Prime's introduction may make some small guilds disolve, either by those who can afford (if they are patron) playing both, which takes time away from guild activity, or by members leaving for Prime altogether.

I look forward to reading further details, and I would please ask that we are updated as often as possible, to negate the possibility of unfounded rumours. Please would you share the news on the Rift forum, I will miss it if you post it on an unrelated website.

Wishing everyone all the best for 2018

Hey all!

Aye, we have a LOT of detail and information to fill in, over time. It's not going to happen tomorrow - we wanted to get the spare, pale outline of the year out as early as possible precisely so that we could start gathering reaction, feedback, concerns and requests well in advance of the heavy production stage.

I am here not to answer questions - not yet. I am here to collect your opinions and feedback, to take them to the team as they begin to fill out the framework. We WILL address everyone's points and questions over time, when we have useful info.

One thing we can talk about is that we do not expect RIFT Prime to draw away all currently active players. In fact, the audience we are looking at are the lapsed players who want to go back to the days of the subscription model and Chocolate RIFT (never vanilla).

Based on our experience with the ArcheAge Fresh Start servers, the large majority of RIFT Prime players will be former players. A minority of people will play both services, or convert from one to the other. This is not guesswork, this is based on what we KNOW from AA and other games that many of us have worked on.

The initial investment of time and resources is significant, but the entire team is very excited about it. Once the new service is up and running, all content will be developed for both, at the same time. More revenue = more content.

We have heard a rising tide of feedback from people who want a return to the subscription model, where everything is included in the price of admission. We are answering it with the RIFT Prime endeavor. Players will finally be able to choose for themselves between the subscription and F2P models.

Now, let's keep on with the questions so that I can fill my tome with your thoughts!
    Nothing is written in stone in an MMOG, especially early in development.
    Brasse
    For the first time in years I'm actually excited for Rift again. Only advice I have is to keep it as close to original as possible...

RosS world event, conquest, PvP rifts, old PvP leveling/gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

Soulwalker

Default A bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBoom View Post
    Dynamically matching characters to their current zone’s level
    Just no, please no.
    You already have a system in place that offers player choice in this matter, removing choice is never a good thing. I also dont wish to play a game where I dont feel any progression in my character, having to wade through lvl 10 mobs again going from A>B will only serve to infuriate.
    I agree with the Baron - my wife is playing the latest WoW update where they did just this, and she HATES it. It is a pain to level up the gathering professions as she is slowed down by having to fight NPCs that should be 30 levels below her and ignore her, or could be 1-shotted. And that's just one of the several issues that are frustrating her right now.

Ascendant

I'll be honest - not sure how one manages class balance in a game with over 4,000 soul combinations, but the team is always looking at data, numbers and feedback.
    =)
    Brasse
    It should be 61 or bust. What happened was that some classes get a greater amount of synergy in the first 15 points of the souls which provide great utility as well as effective stat boost which should either be the case for every or no one. There shoudln't be hybrids that work well because that means every one should have hybrids that work well and it takes someone of great knowledge to balance and counter balance that. Even though I think it is not as difficult.

Keep in mind most classes have to take a mandatory legendary for instance so already you have very limited soul combinations.What trion lacks is good sensors to tell them what is being out of line. Either that or they may not be reading their sensors correctly.

Souls need an identity. What is the purpose of the soul? Is it pvp soul, is it st melee PvE, is mix martial with some ST and some AoE in Melee, Is it strictly AoE? Then go to range and so forth and as you learn over time you can have many different souls which have similar identities across each class. They can be tweaked to have counter to counter balance.

There really is only 2 things that matter. On demand burst or killing power and TTK in PvP for dps. If you are in a class that burst heals but is a slow healer your HPS will get written over by someone who with a lower gcd who can heal more often in many cases. Actually 1.5 sec gcd spec should have most of its utility if not all off gcd. The root of the problem still is gcd for a lot of the classes. There is a web of problems to unravel but it can be done.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-18-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Is Brasse going to sell us pvp?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast