+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream - 2018: RIFT ON!

Soulwalker

Will the just announced Rift Prime be included with patron or a separate sub?

How often should we expect class balance changes with the work being spread out? (Warriors have had one? tweak in over 6 months and sit at the bottom of dps, unless it's a melee fight with the glitchy healing spec)

When will we see catch up on eternals? The 4 month requirement for second eternal upgrade is daunting to any returning player and getting to first eternal can be quite trying as well.

Any plans to increase acquisition of captured intel or reduce cost of items that require intel? Or potentially a way to turn shards/other currencies into intel?

I want to play Rift more, but I have no interest in running LFR TD 80x per week or afking in VP for ZE bosses to cap my intel. Nor will I pay $250 to get a big pile of intel. I am sure there are many players like me who enjoy your game and will buy lots from the shop, but the current state of intel/eternals/class balances have closed our wallets and hurt our desire to play Rift.

You guys weren't kidding about "Very broad strokes"

When are guild changes coming? There was no mention of the guild changes which were originally slated for 4.0, then 4.1 and then completely pushed off of the table ever since with a few whisperings here and there from Archonix. It sounded like a lot of those changes were heavily worked on, but not 100% complete.

For clarification, is Rift Prime going to be included in peoples patron subs? I''m pretty certain that's what it means, but it would just be nice to get some extra confirmation. I think that's good incentive for people to pay and support the game without forcing them to if they'd rather not or don't care about this new server coming.

It sounds like Greenscales Blight (sigh) is going to be revamped, but for extra clarification is it going to be a 10 man version or 20 man?

Is greenscale going to be our second T2 raid or will be this considered T3 or maybe even T2.5?

Are we going to see new armor sets for this scaled up version or will we be using more rehashed armor graphics too? >:T

When will the next new be raid in this expansion? Bastion of Steel is a nice raid for what we got, but it was also extremely underwhelming compared to past years. Part of the concerns from the very moment challenge servers were announced is that it would take way from the live version of the game. The raid, the lack of balance changes and general lack of bigger updates for the last several months only confirmed that.

What was the idea about fracturing the community with this new progression server? I know that's a bit of a loaded question, but it's no secret that the community isn't that big to begin with and it seems like a lot of guilds will now have to make the decision of whether or not they're a "Prime" guild or stay on the current servers. That's assuming live updates (including new raids) will be carried over to these prime servers. I suppose that needs further clarification first.

Tread VERY lightly now that you've made such a promise or you'll see it in peoples signatures in another year.

I will definitely have more questions :|
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 01-18-2018 at 03:02 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Rift Disciple

Will you be updating the obsolete rewards we are getting? For example, the void stones and notoriety on the rewards calendar and the guild perks. Also convert the old obsolete currencies to current ones?

Dynamically matching characters to their current zone’s level
    Just no, please no.
    You already have a system in place that offers player choice in this matter, removing choice is never a good thing. I also dont wish to play a game where I dont feel any progression in my character, having to wade through lvl 10 mobs again going from A>B will only serve to infuriate.

New Server
    Splitting the playerbase, you sure about this one?

I'll edit & update as ive read more but auto scaling is just so rotten for me I had to at least vent it.

Will the RIFT Prime server be supported by the zone event API? If not currently planned, how do I get that on someone's list? As you guys saw during Fae Yule, players want a way to see the current state of zone events (in particular when they are no longer running) in a much more convenient manner than the in-game Events channel and map.
    If/when this is set up, is there any way I (we) can get the API endpoint, if different, and the shard ID before launch, so I don't have to scramble on launch day?

What kind of carry-over rewards can we expect? That is, in my seat, there's no demand for a fresh start or temporary server, so what kind of incentives are there to encourage players to play?

Will there be an EU Prime server?

General of Telara

• Could you please share with us where this feedback comes from which I read of in the blog.The mage forums seem to suggest that the new soul was poorly recieved and is used for 10 points when tanking for extra health as Mage already has solid solo specs.
    • Adding a Prime server will split the playerbase between two products. Why does the team think that this would be a good idea when the playerbase is fairly small to start with?
    • How much as a percentage of weekly deveoper hours is spent on the Prime server and Challenge servers? Could you please explain why you think this time could not be better spent providing content for the live game - please see my next point.
    • The amount of content promised for the live servers seems quite thin. The last patch consisted of a T2 3 man raid with no new art assets and a paid soul. Will further patches consist of more gameplay content or be as light as 4.3? Is the team worried this is not enough to keep players interest?
    • The blog mentions nothing about eternals, the fragment system updates or the guild updates. Are these coming?

Rift Disciple

Very interesting Dev. Letter...

Just two questions.

1. Will the other classes receive their new souls this year?

2. What kind of rewards will we get for playing the Prime Server?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

It seems the few concerns about the new Prime Server is will it just require one to be a Patron in current game and that's your access to Prime then?

I can't see too many players willing to maintain a Patron on Live and pay a separate sub for Prime, i'm hoping Patron will cover both.

On that note will there be a guarantee of keeping your current char name/Guild name for Guild Leaders? if you're a Patron and join Prime anyone trying to create or just troll by picking up the more 'popular' names will get a "that name is already in use" message.

Also, how dark is the chocolate going? will it be true start of Rift before they nerfed, eh 'streamlined' the Tutorial zones and removed a lot of quests even from Silverwood/Freemarch.

Will they leave in the quests to obtain extra souls by fighting your evil soul twin from Rifts? will Gloamwood once again return to it's gloomy, eerie, Hammer Horror film setting? will Scarwood Reach return to it's desolate state?

Will IPP once again be a level 45+ zone? will Ember Isle come in it's original state with badass Elites? the list goes on.

Shadowlander

iDD, iGyel, iRoTP, iGSB.... already 3 revamped dungeons/raids in this xpac, and you planning to add more ? i know new content cost much more to produce, and that some players never experienced these old dungeons/raids, but there are still a lot of old players that want new stuff, not just reheated....

In june, you had announced a reworking of the fragment for 8-2017.... in 1-2018 still Nothing... except you lowered the price of the fragment upgrades... although the idea is noble, it's not what players expected...
    Last edited by MichaelX; 01-19-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Last edited by Dizbo; 01-19-2018 at 04:46 PM. Reason: formatting

Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Default Couple of Things

Also:
    -Jason, Director of Q&A will be doing a Bug Report Livestream, TBA

RiftPrime
    Builds Allowed:

-DLC souls and existing live builds; however,
    -Unknown if Primalist calling will be available
    -Working on which power tiers come when, i.e., parts will be blocked and unlocked over time

PVP
    - No favor/prestige boosts/vials or restricted use, tba.

Live Servers
    Separate Answers to be provided regarding questions of:
    -Eternals
    -Fragments
    -Captured Intel
    -Guild Changes

3 New Mounts TBA
    • Planar Plucker- allows harvesting without dismounting
    • Planar Pounder- allows mining without dismounting
    • Crucia Mount - details to follow
    Last edited by Dizbo; 01-19-2018 at 05:01 PM. Reason: formatting

Watched the full stream. Let's be honest, it was disappointing.

I've watched all your streams since the expansion and it's getting increasingly frustrating observing the time wasting that takes place. It's not even intended. Sure if you have to fill an hour and don't have much to say, then you have to use these filler techniques, but this wasn't even the case, you had lots to say but you weren't getting through it all!

You can even see the new producer getting frustrated over this. She has so much to tell us and Brasse and Deadsimon is not giving her a chance. No offense guys, this is a serious flaw of yours, if you have nothing good to talk about in such crucial times, keep your chat to a minimum. You treat it like a casual chat chat, which it shouldn't be.

I appreciate (annoyingly) that you couldn't talk about the important stuff like class balance, eternal quest, guilds etc. etc. because Prime took priority (why we might ask), but even then I felt like 5 questions were answered in a whole hour, I count at least 20 decent questions that weren't about the above. Not good.
    Last edited by Refuge; 01-22-2018 at 06:36 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Also, how dark is the chocolate going? will it be true start of Rift before they nerfed, eh 'streamlined' the Tutorial zones and removed a lot of quests even from Silverwood/Freemarch.

Will they leave in the quests to obtain extra souls by fighting your evil soul twin from Rifts? will Gloamwood once again return to it's gloomy, eerie, Hammer Horror film setting? will Scarwood Reach return to it's desolate state?

Will IPP once again be a level 45+ zone? will Ember Isle come in it's original state with badass Elites? the list goes on.
    I too remember all these fondly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2