Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree50Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Name Reclaim by Jan 31!

Rift Master

It would be better to schedule this as a regular annual event: log on by January 31 or lose your name, and when you stop playing eventually your character name will be gone. This way no one would be surprised, as it wouldn't be an unusual occurrence.

Not that I expect very many names to actually be fought over, as there are certainly not as many players now as there were a few years ago, the last time I remember they cleared out inactive names. I feel reasonably certain that a good portion of wiped names could easily be reclaimed by the original player.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #62
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Name Reclaim/Release is still currently slated for Feb 14, with the Wednesday hotfix for that week. I will watch it like a hawk in case any delay arises!

Following up on some outstanding questions:

- the old name will display until the player selects a new one upon login, and then the new name will be updated on guild rosters and friends lists.

- players who take on a newly cleared name will not take the place of the previous player in guild or friend rosters.

- dimensions belonging to inactive players will display the old name until a new name is selected upon login, then they will automatically update.

Champion

Maybe I missed this, but how do we know that the name is still available? For example, I had to change my name when moving shards the last time and I have put the person with "my name" on my friends list. Never seen them log on in over a year, so I assume the name might become available. How do I know the name is available? Will the person on my friends list just get assigned a random string of numbers? If so, great!

But if someone else snaps the name up before I get to it, will that person show up with the same name again on my friends list?

I'm trying to avoid paying for a renaming scroll if I can't have the name I desire.

ps. come to think of it, I would probably just try to re-add the name I want to my friends list and if it doesn't populate, I assume the name is still available.
    Last edited by Leocadia; 02-09-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Maybe I missed this, but how do we know that the name is still available? For example, I had to change my name when moving shards the last time and I have put the person with "my name" on my friends list. Never seen them log on in over a year, so I assume the name might become available. How do I know the name is available? Will the person on my friends list just get assigned a random string of numbers? If so, great!

But if someone else snaps the name up before I get to it, will that person show up with the same name again on my friends list?

I'm trying to avoid paying for a renaming scroll if I can't have the name I desire.

ps. come to think of it, I would probably just try to re-add the name I want to my friends list and if it doesn't populate, I assume the name is still available.
    No, you have added a very specific character with a unique ID to your friend's list. Someone taking that name will not suddenly be added. If you have a spare slot on that shard, when the names are released (after patch on 14th as of right now) make a new character with that name. If you can, great! hold it for a bit until you buy the Rename Scroll. When you're ready, delete the reserved name character, jump on character with Scroll and quickly rename yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Name Reclaim/Release is still currently slated for Feb 14, with the Wednesday hotfix for that week. I will watch it like a hawk in case any delay arises!

Following up on some outstanding questions:

- the old name will display until the player selects a new one upon login, and then the new name will be updated on guild rosters and friends lists.

- players who take on a newly cleared name will not take the place of the previous player in guild or friend rosters.

- dimensions belonging to inactive players will display the old name until a new name is selected upon login, then they will automatically update.
    Thanks again for keeping us updates with this.

Anyone who hasn't been/isn't planning on playing actively (minus extreme situations like deployment) but is considering refreshing names "just to have them" is low quality, imho, most especially if you never paid for a subscription. What a very small thing to do.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #66
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Ok folks! This thread is starting to become confusing and unwieldy - I have updated the information and have started a NEW thread so that I can close this one and start fresh.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-answered.html

We're almost there!
    Brasse

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5