Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Name Reclaim by Jan 31!

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    WHEN IS THIS HAPPENING?
    • The name release will not take place immediately, as it needs to be QA'd and run as a process with folks in the office - we'll let you know as soon as the time and date are scheduled. I am pestering the powers that be now, even though they are busy and keep swatting at me.
    Brasse
    Sooo I suppose that means there's no reason to make sure we're on at 12:01am to get names we want? As of right now I've been waiting for them to unlock until I saw this. That's unfortunate :|

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Default when are the names available?

3 Chars was effected from the last name reset. I like to get it back!
    let us now please, when are the names free!

lot of thx!

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #48
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Archonix just mentioned that we are TENTATIVELY looking at next week's patch to run the name release process... that would be the morning of Wednesday, March FEB 7th.

I solemnly swear to update (and make a new blog post/notification) when that date is certain.

;-)#
    Brasse

EDIT: So sorry, slip of the calendar there - I am still trying to figure out where 2017 went!
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 02-06-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Rift Master

February? Or it's gonna take a whole month? ;)

[Edit: Yep, Dwarf error - it is planned for February, now on the 14th. Yes, this year. ~Brasse]
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 02-06-2018 at 05:13 PM.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Brasse did you mean Feb 7 and not March 7?

[Edit: Indeed I did - it is planned for February, now on the 14th. Yes, this year. ~Brasse]
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 02-06-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Ascendant

[*]Email notifications were sent out to every single person who has a RIFT character, via CS notification - this means that you do not even have to be opted in to get the email.[*]If you did not get an email in early January, it may have gone to your spam folder, or your ISP may have us blacklisted. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about those circumstances.
    In spite of your assertion that EVERYONE was sent an e-mail, I DID NOT get one on either of my accounts, and no, there's 0 chance it got flagged as spam as I use my own domain where there is no spam-filtering except of my receiving systems. Moreover, I DO receive e-mails from Trion to both accounts

I only just saw this was happening when I saw a DevTracker entry for this thread, I DO get e-mails to my accounts such as as just now when I got the usual 'authentication code' security checks.
    Last edited by Kerin; 02-06-2018 at 07:52 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #52

NAME RECLAIM NOTICE:
    For those of you who hope to to camp names like Iamawesome, Drizzzzt or Bob... The name release from the recent Name Reclaim is now slated for Wednesday, February 14th, when the servers come up from the patch. Be ready! We'll confirm exact times close to the day.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #53

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    In spite of your assertion that EVERYONE was sent an e-mail, I DID NOT get one on either of my accounts, and no, there's 0 chance it got flagged as spam as I use my own domain where there is no spam-filtering except of my receiving systems. Moreover, I DO receive e-mails from Trion to both accounts

I only just saw this was happening when I saw a DevTracker entry for this thread, I DO get e-mails to my accounts such as as just now when I got the usual 'authentication code' security checks.
    Emails were sent to everyone who ever made a RIFT account, whether or not they are currently active. We're talking several millions of emails here; it's not an assertion, it's a fact.

Unfortunately, there are a great many ways that emails can go astray, even for people with private domains (your ISP itself may have blocked it, unless you also run your own ISP), which is why we used the blog, forum posts, social media and livestreams to get the word out, as well as a login MOTD for the past month until the deadline.
    We used every avenue open to us.

If anyone wants to follow up with our CS staff after the name release, please send in a ticket via support.trionworlds.com - if they CAN help, they will.
    Brasse

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Unfortunately, there are a great many ways that emails can go astray, even for people with private domains (your ISP itself may have blocked it, unless you also run your own ISP)
    I think that ISP is completely uninvolved for almost all own mail domains and hosters would not do such blocking - and anyway if somebody would block SMTP port all mail would be lost, not just 1 email. It is true that there are many ways how mail could be lost, but sending millions of emails so all them will be delivered is a non trivial task, probability of an issue on sender side is much higher than on receiving side.

If you send emails to all accounts - not just inactive - then I have not received emails for all my accounts.
    Last edited by Isp; 02-07-2018 at 01:01 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't send out emails. Names are for those that want to play Rift. its not for those that no longer play Rift or for those that lock names to sell pre-made accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrixs View Post
    If it was up to me, I wouldn't send out emails. Names are for those that want to play Rift. its not for those that no longer play Rift or for those that lock names to sell pre-made accounts.
    Agreed. ^^

An analogy:

You bought a brand new vehicle, left it on the street, stopped making payments and/or paying insurance on it, then a year plus later show back up to find it gone. So you file a claim with the insurance company and/or the financial institution where your lien is, demanding they reimburse you. *facepalm*

1) a new vehicle = your character
    2) left it on the street = you failing to maintain the character/account
    3) stopped paying insurance/making payments on it (was not a patron for the entire time).
    4) a year plus later = Trion's time period of not having logged in at at least ONCE.
    5) show back up to find it gone = You NEVER caring about the character(s) for more than 1 year, finding the name was removed back into the pool.

Too bad, so sad not one single person here has any pity if you lost the name do to your not caring.
    Note: IMO, being deployed in hostile territory for this 12+ month window, if a member of the military, should be the only excusable (reason, not excuse) exception.*

Honestly, I'm all for this process being done every 6 months.
    Last edited by Dimples; 02-07-2018 at 07:13 AM.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    I think that ISP is completely uninvolved for almost all own mail domains and hosters would not do such blocking - and anyway if somebody would block SMTP port all mail would be lost, not just 1 email. It is true that there are many ways how mail could be lost, but sending millions of emails so all them will be delivered is a non trivial task, probability of an issue on sender side is much higher than on receiving side.

If you send emails to all accounts - not just inactive - then I have not received emails for all my accounts.
    I know of nine accounts that never received emails. Two of mine, one each for my daughter and husband, and five for my mother. Not one of us ever received an email about this name reclaim.

I'm sorry, but it beggars belief that emails were sent out to every account ever made, yet somehow, nine accounts in one family received none.

Edit to note: We are not all using the same email provider either. We have gmail, hotmail, and private website email in the mix. Hard to believe that each of those providers could have dumped emails from Trion in the spam bin, and of course, we all receive other emails from Trion, just not the email about the name reclaim. Go figure.
    Last edited by Sylvaene; 02-07-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

Plenty of folks probably did not get an email - for whatever reason, be it that Trion didn't have the correct address, forgot to include a section of their database, emails went to junk folders or whatever.

Regardless, Trion has put in significant effort to update their customers (who pay) and their consumers (who play) about this change. Additionally, the removal of inactive character names is a reasonably common enough event in the industry. Also, of course, it makes sense. If one doesn't not play for a long time, it is reasonable to assume that this could happen.

I think we are worrying about stuff for no reason. All of us here knew about this. All of us shared it with our old friends that don't play. Plenty of us got emails. Plenty others heard about it on other MMO sites which made them remark "oh goodness, I haven't played Rift in years. I don't even remember my character's name. LOL"

Anyway, thanks for the update on when the names might be available.
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 02-07-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaene View Post
    I know of nine accounts that never received emails. Two of mine, one each for my daughter and husband, and five for my mother. Not one of us ever received an email about this name reclaim.

I'm sorry, but it beggars belief that emails were sent out to every account ever made, yet somehow, nine accounts in one family received none.
    none of my 6 accounts received them either

Rift Disciple

It's funny how people who have not played the game in over a year are somehow finding this forum thread in order to complain.

If you haven't logged on in over a year why are you using your prescious time to post in this thread on something that you have absolutely no control over at this point?
    Last edited by rutte; 02-07-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast