+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree27Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Name Reclaim by Jan 31!

Soulwalker

Default Lost name

Lost my original name to a server merge at one point so I was wondering if it is at all possible to ever reclaim that name for my character?

Soulwalker

We actually have people in our guild who haven't logged in 4 years because they are deceased, we keep their characters in the roster in memory...

Still no official answer for solutions to memorial characters being deleted by this process?
    I suppose it will be an automatic computer move on a database, so I don't know if a human intervention to protect some characters is possible.
    But if it is, it should be done.
    Maybe a procedure with valid reasons for exceptions (memorial toons of deceaded friends, guild founders, known dimensioners...).

AS a dimensioner I have a question : What will happen to dims on those toons without names? Will the dims still be accessible from the public lists?
    We have some ancient players in our guild who don't log anymore, but have left a big legacy in dimensions.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Plane Walker

Thumbs down

Gee, I'm glad I happened to check up on the game today, and see the notice of this in game.

I don't play often; I wish I could, but for years I've been unable to adjust the settings so that the game runs smoothly, and it bothers my eyes. Though I can't remember if a year has ever gone by since I logged into a character, I'd be guaranteed to never log in to the game again if my characters were forcibly renamed. I know that my mother, who definitely hasn't logged in for over a year (since changes were made to the game that she disagreed with), won't likely be back if her characters are forcibly renamed, even if further changes to the game made it desirable to play once again.

I did NOT receive any email notice of this happening, and neither did the other three people in my family who have played Rift. I'll be sure to pass the news, but y'all might want to check on that email that was supposed to go out about this.

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaene View Post
    Gee, I'm glad I happened to check up on the game today, and see the notice of this in game.

I don't play often; I wish I could, but for years I've been unable to adjust the settings so that the game runs smoothly, and it bothers my eyes. Though I can't remember if a year has ever gone by since I logged into a character, I'd be guaranteed to never log in to the game again if my characters were forcibly renamed. I know that my mother, who definitely hasn't logged in for over a year (since changes were made to the game that she disagreed with), won't likely be back if her characters are forcibly renamed, even if further changes to the game made it desirable to play once again.
    I think if people really want their names that badly then they'll download it, jump in (it's free) and lock your name before the time is up. If people really can't be bothered to do that much then... \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaene View Post
    I did NOT receive any email notice of this happening, and neither did the other three people in my family who have played Rift. I'll be sure to pass the news, but y'all might want to check on that email that was supposed to go out about this.
    This however does seem to be the case. I've been checking and waiting for an email about this, but have yet to receive one. I suppose to be fair it does say "We are sending emails to all affected accounts" meaning that only people who haven't logged on for a year or more will get those emails which would explain why you and I didn't receive one. It's also easy to check the multiple other posts on twitter, facebook, youtube, livestreams, official site and maybe even some gaming sites that reported it. Not to mention the various discord communites. It's quite literally been posted on every official platform by now.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I think if people really want their names that badly then they'll download it, jump in (it's free) and lock your name before the time is up. If people really can't be bothered to do that much then... \_(ツ)_/

It's also easy to check the multiple other posts on twitter, facebook, youtube, livestreams, official site and maybe even some gaming sites that reported it. Not to mention the various discord communites. It's quite literally been posted on every official platform by now.
    Are you purposely nor wanting to understand that people who have left this game (for whatever reason) are not the kind of people who will check the internet for information about what happens in RIFT?
    But they may still care for their toons, and if they don't get direct information by mail, chances are they will not know it before it is too late.

I had some respect for your usually meaningful, helpful and intelligent posts, but this one... You should choose your words better, it feels like you think those ancient players deserve nothing more than be erased from memory.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Are you purposely nor wanting to understand that people who have left this game (for whatever reason) are not the kind of people who will check the internet for information about what happens in RIFT?
    But they may still care for their toons, and if they don't get direct information by mail, chances are they will not know it before it is too late.
    Not at all and from my experience that honestly seems to be the minority as a lot of people who have quit for long periods still communicate with friends and or keep themselves updated every now and then. As Brass stated, the emails will be sent out and I don't disagree that they should be sent to everyone regardless, but as I have posted in the past, there is a certain degree of personal responsible to check things out yourself if you want to stay updated. Even if emails get sent out, some people don't even check that or for some reason it gets sent to their junk mail and they don't see it.

It takes very little effort to check for news updates especially with it being posted in so many places. That leaves very little room to complain is all. Outside of the email issue. This is also being posted and relayed an entire month in advance so thumbs up on Trions end as they have had issues giving us last minute updates in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    I had some respect for your usually meaningful, helpful and intelligent posts, but this one... You should choose your words better, it feels like you think those ancient players deserve nothing more than be erased from memory.
    Context doesn't always come across in posts and texts so my apologies if you personally took it that way. What I said however isn't untrue. Anyone can easily login as long as they stay up to date with information. It's fine if you disagree even after my above post.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 01-15-2018 at 04:04 PM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

I'm curious as to what Trion's stance is towards those that have stolen and abused others names in the past.

Remember Millrush?

Guild name was stolen all the way back then.Forced to name change because some ****** decided it was a good guild name and used Trion's server merges as an opportunity to thieve the name.I'm curious how many others it also happened to.Loyalty lmfao.
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3