Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 2 Post By Samuraiko
  • 2 Post By Amielle
  • 3 Post By Qualities
  • 1 Post By Qualities
  • 4 Post By Jegodinn
  • 1 Post By Rheven

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: DDOS - continues to affect game services periodically.

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default DDOS - continues to affect game services periodically.

Update on DDOS: We continue to see ebb and flow of attacks on our game services (one of many game companies affected).

Our Glyph Authenticator is also periodically affected - if it is not sending you a code email, please hit resend.

All available Trion resources are working on the issue, in collaboration with external partners.

I know that this is not NEW news, but it's where we're at. We are sharing all we can with you as we carry on during this period.
    Folks, don't let your kids grow up to be thoughtless hackers who do nothing but ruin free time for others.

We ARE looking into trying to extend Fae Yule for a week to help those who have had trouble collecting their goodies, but we won't know until tomorrow if this is possible with our build systems. We will update you asap on that front.
    Brasse

If it matters anything..

I was experiencing a lot of issues on the disconnects in november on the NA shards, while living in West-Europe.
    On the European shards, I experienced hardly any issues.

Currently, I have experienced an occasional disconnect and have seen many latency peaks (over 30k) on the NA shards.

On the EU shards, I have not experienced any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Update on DDOS: We continue to see ebb and flow of attacks on our game services (one of many game companies affected).

Our Glyph Authenticator is also periodically affected - if it is not sending you a code email, please hit resend.

All available Trion resources are working on the issue, in collaboration with external partners.

I know that this is not NEW news, but it's where we're at. We are sharing all we can with you as we carry on during this period.
    Folks, don't let your kids grow up to be thoughtless hackers who do nothing but ruin free time for others.

We ARE looking into trying to extend Fae Yule for a week to help those who have had trouble collecting their goodies, but we won't know until tomorrow if this is possible with our build systems. We will update you asap on that front.
    Brasse
    I realize this is not Trions fault. I truly hope we get an extension for fae yule because as it stands right now, it is impossible to do many things in game. I have DC'ed pretty much all day today, today being the worst in the last few days. I will now just focus on my dim as I don't think that will be effected as greatly.(crossing fingers) What a horrible time for this to be happening.
    Also @Brasse do us players have to take any precautions during this attack? I'm not sure how DDOS works.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    I realize this is not Trions fault. I truly hope we get an extension for fae yule because as it stands right now, it is impossible to do many things in game. I have DC'ed pretty much all day today, today being the worst in the last few days. I will now just focus on my dim as I don't think that will be effected as greatly.(crossing fingers) What a horrible time for this to be happening.
    Also @Brasse do us players have to take any precautions during this attack? I'm not sure how DDOS works.
    DDOSing is not something we the players have to take precautions against. What it is, in a nutshell, is when automated scripts are used to bombard a server with multiple 'calls', rapidly tying up all of its resources and its ability to respond. Think of it as jamming a phone line via rapid automated dialing and you have the idea.

If you've ever tried to buy PAX or Comic-Con tickets online and you get errors on the site, that's what happens when everyone and God tries to load the site at once - the server can't handle all the incoming traffic, and so errors are sent out. In a DDOS, this isn't 'actual' people going to the server, this is automated script spamming.

And as we've all seen, it's disruptive as hell.

We as players can't do anything about resolving the issue, unfortunately. It's all on Trion's end.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    DDOSing is not something we the players have to take precautions against. What it is, in a nutshell, is when automated scripts are used to bombard a server with multiple 'calls', rapidly tying up all of its resources and its ability to respond. Think of it as jamming a phone line via rapid automated dialing and you have the idea.

If you've ever tried to buy PAX or Comic-Con tickets online and you get errors on the site, that's what happens when everyone and God tries to load the site at once - the server can't handle all the incoming traffic, and so errors are sent out. In a DDOS, this isn't 'actual' people going to the server, this is automated script spamming.

And as we've all seen, it's disruptive as hell.

We as players can't do anything about resolving the issue, unfortunately. It's all on Trion's end.
    okay, I figured that's what it was but wasn't 100 on that, thank you for your reply.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

How about a 2d sparkle cache?

No but seriously, I hope you find solutions. Thx for at least communicating with us.

@Devs

Can you please disable PvP debuff until it's fixed? We start to become crazy with all these DC / can't log in / PvP debuff 15 mins
    Balls

<SlashFlex>

OK i had x10 15 minutes debuffs today. I work in a company that get MUCH more attacks than Trion or Trion provider. Any of our clients (TV and Radio) had to complain about DC or LAGS or even their own clients since years. Stop the false excuses or talking while nothing change, just act RIGHT NOW. Last wf half raid was kicked out. PLEASE ! SOLUTIONS EXIST !

Edit : I'm never dc or even a single LAG out of Warfronts instance. But into it, it's hell. It's 1 or 2 DC per wf with 1/2 a deserter debuff
    Last edited by Qualities; 12-19-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    Balls

<SlashFlex>

Telaran

You guys really need to remove Deserter Debuffs from instances if you cannot stop players from being disconnected... Maybe you guys need a new server provider if they cannot fix this problem. There are plenty of companies that have this problem under control at this point, not sure why it's so difficult, a solution should have been found by now, or a competent server provider should have been found.
    Last edited by Jegodinn; 12-19-2017 at 07:47 AM.

I agree absolutely with Jegodin. The play is now bad enough with the lagging and constant dc. Lucky to even finish a WF without trouble. And it can reverse the whole match depending on who was holding what. But then sometimes you come back right away even before the match is over and find yourself in Meridian wearing a fifteen minute deserter debuff. Horribad!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Default I purchased something at steam but not getting it in game?

Crashing still
    Last edited by Kulta; 12-25-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    Have you ever wanted to?

Soulwalker

Default ddos

That's what cloudflare is for or properly configured firewall.

+ Reply to Thread