+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Holyroller12
  • 1 Post By Sawdummist

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream ‘Tis the Season To…

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Lightbulb RIFTstream ‘Tis the Season To…

This week Brasse and Yaviey will deck the halls for Fae Yule!

This Friday, Jennifer “Yaviey” Bridges, RIFT’s Community Manager will be joined by Linda “Brasse” Carlson (Director of Community Relations) to talk about this year’s Fae Yule, including new goodies, community feedback, contests, and more.

RIFT LIVESTREAM
    Friday, December 15, 2017
    11:30 AM PDT: ‘Tis the Season To…
    www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

We will simulcast on RIFT Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, but remember that in order to get in on the prize giveaways, you’ll have to be in Twitch chat!

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

My question this week:
    Now that we have the change of accessories requiring 1 storm cell to upgrade which requires people to raid if they want to get those upgrades (as it should be), will we see the storm cell drop chance increased and or a guaranteed drop off of each boss so that raiders can actually start upgrading their gear? I think 1 per boss is fair as it allows people to upgrade at a relatively decent pace without it being too slow or too fast. That's just my opinion of course.

I do feel that this needs to be the next important issue discussed and looked it as 4.4 starts to creep up on both developers and players. There's speculation that there won't be a second Tier 2 raid, but IF there is then raiders want to be ready for it.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 12-14-2017 at 08:05 PM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Is the plan to stick with suffix gear? If so why? What is the purpose of wanting anything that isn't overlord or preserver?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    Most begged for Quality of Life change for raiders:

Presently Call of the Ascended resets healer's battle rezzes (except primalist)

Everyone would appreciate it if the following were reset in addition:

Archon's flaring power cool down "Planar Exhaustion"
    Remove caster and ressurected player's lava and flaring debuffs
    Reset the primalist healer's ressurection cooldowns for Farseer and Preserver

This would making progressing on bosses a lot less frustrating, most raid groups spend a third of their raid time on progress fights waiting on these to reset.

There is already some resets executing on the cast so it seems trivial to add these in. Since there's already been significant work by the encounters teams to keep us in combat on bosses I cant see any fight where this would have a possibility for exploit except on previous expansion content (which bears no significance since no one is progressing on these fights).
    For me and those I play with most, this has to be the most important thing. It plagued us while we were still progging tier 1, and again in tier 2. First minute raid wipes happen to the best and the worst of teams.

It completely disengages the player when a quick wipe over something dumb happens in the first minute and they have to wait for cooldowns to reset before they can try again.

Its even worse when you get a boss under 10% and end up wiping to something immediately fixable... everyone's in the zone, they're synced up, they're doing what they're supposed to do, they're having fun, they're about to experience the exultation of victory, but something goes wrong, and now they have to wait for planar exhaustion and flaring power cooldown. The fun is immediately sobered. Our dedicated raid window is about 2.5 hours... but we spend at least 45 minutes of that waiting.

When the dps check is tight, cooldowns such as flaring power need to be available at the start of the fight. With these not resetting, we're pretty much forced to twiddle our thumbs, grab drinks, get distracted, and otherwise wait.

I have pleanty of questions, even when i quit the game. But this one ist the only the rest players should know:

How many players are really playing this game and how much of them are directly subscribers of the patron. Just from my feelings and the names i had seen in last weeks there are maybe 4000 Players on the EU servers und maybe 6000 on the NA servers. And i am really sure not all of them are subscriber.

Just be honest to the community and say the game doesn't bring enough money to pay salaries and servers and make a open communicated end and not such an ending like other had done. Or just give some us numbers we can work with. In one of the other stream was told that Defaince has about 120k constant players, with i really can't believe.

Shadowlander

Why are some mounts available with event currency bind on pickup and others are bind on account? I grind the currency every year on alts so I can buy all the things I want for my main and this year I was looking forward to the festive levitation, but now I likely have to choose between it or the T2 cape.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Me dear peoples...

This week it's Yaviey and Brasse, and NOT Devs who can actually answer questions that involve game design, drop rates, balance, etc. I am making note of these questions to carry forward, particularly Quality of Life topics.

We're winding down to the holiday break, which means a lot of Devs have started taking their PTO to travel home for much-missed family time. In the meantime, we are all going to enjoy Fae Yule!

There may be some Frosty Moosedantix mounts to give away. Tracking them down in the snow can be difficult - they look like large snowdrifts when napping. One must catch them while napping.
    Brasse

When is the live feed? or did I miss it? Hard to do time conversion sometimes
    Have you ever wanted to?

+ Reply to Thread