+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback Thread: Collected Intel packs (currently off the store)

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default Official Feedback Thread: Collected Intel packs (currently off the store)

Hi all,

Just got back from discussions with Dev on the concerns of players over Collected Intel packs on the RIFT store. It's a weekend, so it takes a bit of time to round folks up for review, but everyone is on board to look at this carefully; we take player feedback very seriously.

We like to try new things. Sometimes they work great, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they need tweaking - we've seen the feedback on the limited time Collected Intel packs and have decided to take the short term action to switch them off for the time being (the holiday packs remain up).

Taking them offline now gives us time to review ALL the feedback, together with in-game data, next week when the Dev team is back in office, and make careful, reasoned decisions.

Please DO continue offering your thoughts, as they are much appreciated! If we can improve the offering or implementation, we will definitely do so.

On a side note, feedback is easiest for us to collect when here on the official forums, although we do try to cast the net as wide as possible when gathering information.

Please consider this the OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD and please keep it constructive.
    Thank you all!
    ~ Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 12-09-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Thank you for the info Brasse.

And thank you to the devs who took time this weekend to read over the feedback here, on reddit, and on massivelyop, consider the options, and take appropriate action.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Shadowlander Madarablackgetsuga's Avatar

I know i posted this before but...

That said, is it also possible to give us the ability to convert Ethereal Shards into Captured Intel as well? It will allow us raiders to catch up, allow us to catch alts up, and also give new players and raiders to catch up as well. Thanks!
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Quote Originally Posted by Madarablackgetsuga View Post
    I know i posted this before but...

That said, is it also possible to give us the ability to convert Ethereal Shards into Captured Intel as well? It will allow us raiders to catch up, allow us to catch alts up, and also give new players and raiders to catch up as well. Thanks!
    I like this idea.

To add on to it: Make the conversion a once-per-day option. Also, add a conversion option for Celestial Remnants, also for once-per-day.

I think this will make a lot of people happy, and help give T1 content some additional use as a way to obtain CI to help with T2 gearing.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

My opinion: I don't mind the packs - not the $250, not the intel.
    My perspective: I'm not competing for world firsts; I am not competing with almost anyone in this game; I am patient. I'll grumble occasionally (intel upgrade parts are too expensive!), but in the end I'll get it eventually. If someone else wants to spend money on the packs, great!
    That said, I'm not buying any packs nor credits nor intel this month or next, because what's in them isn't worth the cost to me. I did consider the new power pack, but I don't want the mount and am good on bags.

Rift Disciple

I will not buy them, but I couldn't care less if other people prefer to open their wallets to do so rather than grind it out. I would say it's probably ill advised to be able to purchase highest level gear with said currency lest raiders feel compelled (or it is demanded of them) to upgrade with their wallet. But if it was limited to catch-up gear(ing), I think it's fine. All in all, it's whatever to me.

Shadowlander Madarablackgetsuga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    I like this idea.

To add on to it: Make the conversion a once-per-day option. Also, add a conversion option for Celestial Remnants, also for once-per-day.

I think this will make a lot of people happy, and help give T1 content some additional use as a way to obtain CI to help with T2 gearing.
    Or keep the current packs now, remove the credit option and yeah, have a Ethereal Shard option and a Celestial Remnant option for each variant
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Thanks to RIFT team for listening community and sticking with their policy. It's nice to see such actions taken.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    RiftMeter for 4.3, Last update: 07/12/2017
    Some Gadgets tweaks,Updated BiSCaL for 4.3
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Soulwalker

This is how it should look like to make it acceptable:

The relic cache may need to be more expensive but with a maximum of 2k(1 cache per Patron who raids T2 per week).
    Remember when Rift was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Releasing T2 gear on the store today simply is not going to happen. Right now, that is the best gear in the game that you can earn. I'm not going to go against my very own definition of pay to win.
    ~Daglar

I love the idea of them for ethereal shards and other currencies. That would bring so much joy to use this Fae Yule!
    Papyrusl Asteroathl Syntrachiosl Syntrashiosl Synpai@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

I don't really have a solution to offer, but my opinion is I really don't care. Trion should make their money where they can, and hopefully it's not short sighed or to the detriment of the game. I've spent A LOT of money on Rift and done so willingly and usually happily (though spending $250 on Autumn Harvest boxes without one dropping is still painful :vomit: )

I'm impulsive about some items, but not gear. So I can see some people feeling like they must buy this to gear up and feel competitive. I agree with Somethingwitty, selling currency should probably be used for older gear not current gear. And it shouldn't be used to purchase items you can't get anywhere else. I feel the same about event currency for gear like essences and capes and seals.Trading in one currency for another is a great compromise.

Really appreciate your team looking into this before it spirals out of control.

That said I have no problem with how/where people spend their money & if its affordable/available, its an entirely different topic then should those packs be on the store in the first place.

With regards to the Intel packs though I would say that anything enabling purchase of BiS or equal end game gear should not be available for real world money. Theres a constant moving line in MMOs that people can accept but top tier on the cash shop has always been a no go for many.

I would also say please re-evaluate the loyalty included in the $250 pack, it either needs heavily toning down or all your other items available a significant boost in loyalty points otherwise whats the point?

Cheers
    Last edited by BaronVonBoom; 12-09-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

First off - Thank you for taking the time to absorb our feedback and pass it on, especially if you're in office on the weekend.

I already started typing up my post before I found out about this thread, but some of what I had to say is listed over here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5331953

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    We like to try new things. Sometimes they work great, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they need tweaking - we've seen the feedback on the limited time Collected Intel packs and have decided to take the short term action to switch them off for the time being (the holiday packs remain up).
    This yet again, goes back to overall >>>Communication<<< problem that we've been having for a long time now. The team should be discussing and asking its playerbase whether or not these things are good ideas so that they can be scrapped or ironed out beforehand. It's extremely counterproductive to "try new things" (or seems to be at least) and push it out only to have a backlash like the one we've seen since Thursday and then have to go back spending dev time and resources to fix it after the fact.

Put out some email polls are use the forums to your advantage like this: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...bag-ideas.html

Post links on all of your social media to the polls to get as many people to vote on it.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 12-09-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Plane Walker

I'm still just stunned. We're talking rent money here. Maybe it has value to some in game (yeah there are some good things in there) but the overall result is that it will diminish this game and remove the value of the game from many who take an mmo for what it is: a game - something (social) to do with their time that they enjoy (with friends). Yeah it can be competitive too. Now, the time part can be removed and the competition can be made less meaningful.

I wish there had been some discussion about this sort of plan before doing it. I feel that this is just a symptom of the type of communication that goes on with this player base. Thanks to Clowd and Holyroller and others (you guys are awesome) that are able to wrangle answers from places like discord and reddit that as far as I know are not official venues.

This move simply screams pay-to-win. And honestly I don't think that it has to be that way. If honest effort were put into new content, communication with players, vision for the future, balancing of classes (to name a few) as has been done in the past, this game would be thriving. It has everything it needs to be better than most other games out there. It seems to me that the key subtle ingredient it has always lacked is marketing of the game so that others know what it has and why that is great.

What initially drew me to this game was that it was not that other game, and the devs here seemed to care about the players. The game, the communication was all tailored around that. I get that we need to make a buck to get by. But it seems that this game has turned from "appealing to players to make a buck" into "making a buck by taking it from players". If you communicate with us and appeal to us, Rift could be great again.

My initial suggestions:
    1. better catchup for new players (no I don't mean $250 boxes) such as easier accessibility to boosts up to level. For example, the eternal chain should have been reduced somewhat at this point.
    2. More friendly to alts - currencies and notoriety should be somewhat account bound. Not having to do the entirety of the eternal chain on a 2nd, 3rd toon (i.e. reduced dungeon numbers etc after first completion)
    3. I like the transfer between currencies idea to expand the way to get captured intel. It would also be nice if there was a general boost for captured intel from events. For example, more intel given for forts in VP and/or a quest each week to capture x number of forts during VP zone events. As it is, many of us feel like we should battle it out at Leech Hill by who throws down the curry for the group this time or is some pvp nut going to drag a liberator into the group for funnzies.

Thanks for taking the time to host this thread. I'm looking forward to the feedback.

Good morning to the european players and good evening to the US guys!

I can't get some sleep, because of different things, but some of them are just because of the game. After the discussion in the MMO-community about Marvel Heroes, Star Wars Battlefront II and lootboxes it is really difficult for me to understand your decision. I just have an idea what happened in one of your teammeetings. Maybe it was something like that:

"Okay guys, we will get some ****storm, but let bring out these caches and grab some extra money from the guys who are willing to pay everything new and shiny. We can say a few days later that we are listenig to the community and take them out of the shop and revamp them. And all are happy again."

Really the damage to the currency is already there, and even the decision that the 250$ and 99$ with the caches still available, while the creds only caches are just for the moment off the store doesn't make it better, just in my opinion. This game stood long time for a F2P with a fair shop with just shiny things and close gap boosts, okay one short time with BiS as it went F2P in SL. Many times in interviews, forum posts, PN and so on the team said that this should never happen again. It's sad that it happened now ... you lost the trust of me and maybe some other players too.

The other big damage with the loyality you bring in, really a guy who just spend 250$ get more loyality as a player that had played from beginning with subscrition/patron. I had spent a lot of money (almost red loyality completed with just a very little shopselling/gifting) really this package make me angry. It just looks like old loyal players are not worth enough and just now it's okay just to spend a big amount of bucks ... Yes I was one of the guys who said we need some overhauling on the loyality, but my thoughts would be to create legendary, trancendent and ethereal loyality boosts in the dailiy/weekly boxes now you just get max 50 points with the epic one. Or increase the bonus for long time patrons, 7k a month is really a joke when you need 4.1 mio just for silver, how many month should i just be patron for that?

I bought most of your packages as long as my wallet said it is possible, but just for the moment it says no to me, also my mind says no, because you can't support packages that brings more an more such stuff that feels p2w. The question what is p2w and what is not should everybody answer for himself, just for me it is buy BiS for the moment directly or indirectly with cash.

I also think many people would like just to buy the costumes or the mounts seperately for a acceptable price, or in another attractive package (the mummified squirrel pack was great, the frosty moosedantix isn't in my opinion) You also can make money with something to remove fragments, so you could use it for an alt ... leveling fragments was so expensive that almost everyone would like to see something like that.

When I think of alts and intels, in another thread i just postet something about how many intels one player needs, that was just for one char, now have to multiple this with your alts, do you really want to spend so much money for 5 alts (just one of every class) or will you ever try to farm them?

And one other thing comes to my mind, with bringing the jewelery to the utilla vendor you just completed the T2-Raid set, so no other T2 is necessary ... so on what shall we all wait? Maybe for the T3 raid for about 7 Guilds or even for an itemreset because of 5.0. So many questions came into my mind with your last decisions.

Just for information, I canceled my "monthly" patron because i don't believe that you can bring the trust back. For the moment I just reading all medias i can get, but now it is your turn to convince me, to come back a third time after another decision i can't understand.

Greetings
    Zysa D'Argent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast