+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree58Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback Thread: Collected Intel packs (currently off the store)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by CreationP View Post
    2-3 months and then another 4. About a year
    Checks out?
    !

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hi all,

Just got back from discussions with Dev on the concerns of players over Collected Intel packs on the RIFT store. It's a weekend, so it takes a bit of time to round folks up for review, but everyone is on board to look at this carefully; we take player feedback very seriously.

We like to try new things. Sometimes they work great, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they need tweaking - we've seen the feedback on the limited time Collected Intel packs and have decided to take the short term action to switch them off for the time being (the holiday packs remain up).

Taking them offline now gives us time to review ALL the feedback, together with in-game data, next week when the Dev team is back in office, and make careful, reasoned decisions.

Please DO continue offering your thoughts, as they are much appreciated! If we can improve the offering or implementation, we will definitely do so.

On a side note, feedback is easiest for us to collect when here on the official forums, although we do try to cast the net as wide as possible when gathering information.

Please consider this the OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD and please keep it constructive.
    Thank you all!
    ~ Brasse
    I get why adding main game currency would seem off to some but to those who value time as much as they do money I can also appreciate stashes being offered with limits that requires many to be viable or a pack being offered at such a high price. That being said I have not appreciated Rifts implementation for quite some time.

Rift still does not utilize all its systems and expects players to enjoy loads of different currencies or loot crate boxes mainly with rng without any other alternatives to receive it or something similar unless you wait for a year which seems odd to me since Trion also have a game that does exactly this as mounts/costumes appear on its store.

If this pack had offered lesser alternatives to affinity- perhaps a greenscale broodling pet/ the wings only/ intel at a very high affinity cost this gives an opportunity to those who cannot spend cash (especially this much at this time of year) that have been supporting the game long term with patronage lessening the blow though you will never please every one.

Sidenote: I wouldn't add any alternatives to prize tickets. This currency makes no sense with whats on its loot table. Prize tickets would've been more exciting and valuable if a vendor had every loot crate/loot crate mount on it and we earned tickets to buy what we want, when we earn enough.

I truly do not understand Rifts distribution decisions they are inconsistent too often and all this does is create concern on top of the drawn out content concerns that have spanned almost this entire year. The "we like to try new things" wears off because customers do not like to feel like guinea pigs.

Good luck finalizing decisions and here's hoping to more consistency in 2018. Please also consider opening an official feedback thread on what needs cleaned up in Rift so we can share why Rift takes up more time to keep organised than it should so this can stop and we can get back playing more instead. Thank you.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 12-12-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Didn't read everything...

But as far as the packs in store.. the 19.99 packs are nice, either for the bag, the mount or the credits.. it is good value.

for the packs with intel caches... I wouldn't make 20k caches, nor let the currency from the caches not be affected by weekly caps... After all, there is a reason those caps are in game.. otherwise, the cap might as well be removed or extended.

cache currency.. not sure if the caches are affected by token boosts or gear token boost like the one from prize ticket weapons.
    A sidenote to that... rift store/mouse over for these prize ticket weapons says "from ALL sources" but it is already acknowledged by Trion this is not the case, so it may well be the currency from these caches is not boosted by the prize ticket weapons boost.

20k intel cache.. if that is affected by weekly currency cap (as should in my opinion) and affected by token boosts that claim to boost tokens from ALL currency, then 20k is too much for a cache.

160% would directly put you over the cap of 48k

I would favor a currency exchange.. rather only for higher currency into lower currency, but if the majority favors trading lower currency for higher currency, then at least make it not too cheap.

for all the overload of lower tier currency..
    create vouchers for them.
    Maybe a max amount of vouchers per day/week

Or create a currency vault. So all chars from one account on the same shard can deposit certain currency in that vault, making it shard/account wide.
    this with a max deposit per day/week and a max amount/cap in the currency vault
    an option could be to create a level req to deposit certain currency in that vault
    and the currency boxes limited to 1 per account/server/day, so nobody can take 3 chars, buy 3 boxes on different shards and transfer them all to the same shard to boost the currency on that vault in one day.

Price for the intel caches.. credits as well as game currency..
    but it should be an added extra, not replace the grind..

So 20k from the current special 250$ box.. fine..
    20k from the store cache... no

A sidenote on the 250$ pack... as mentioned by Proclus in his post, it is once only.
    Paying the cash for the pack yourself gives the full 5m loyalty, which is a little over black tier.
    To get full silver tier
    To reach black tier, you need 4.9m loyalty. Silver tier is 4.1m.
    So you'd need another 4m loyalty.
    That's 1m credits, bought and spent on anything but patron pass and would through credit packs cost around 54 x 99.99$.. 5400$
    If you could get the 99.99 intel pack with 500k loyalty, that would save you 12.5% on that
    With roughtly 3.500k loyalty left to go. You can then consider buying credits.

3.500k loyalty is 875k credits aka 47 x 99.99 credit packs, if used on anything but patron pass in store.
    You can consider buying less credit packs, sell the credits for plat and buy rex from other players with the plat.
    So depending on being interested in silver tier or not, you would save on loyalty cost with the packs.
    An investment of 250$ would get you black tier, which would otherwise cost you around 6k $, if you were to invest in credit packs only.

Investing more would depend on what you want.. one 99.99$ credit pack would allow you to get several things, a geared level 65, all soul packs(not the mystic archer), 6 weeks patron, all minion adventure slots and leave you some 850 credits left to spend.
    So basically, for 350$, you would have a level 65, 6 weeks patron, all loyalty boosts upto and included from black tier.

IF you get the 250$ pack through another player/friend, you do NOT get the full loyalty from the pack.
    5m loyalty is then split between 250k for the player PAYING the pack and 4.750k for the player USING the pack
    A similar situation goes for the 99.99 capt intel/loyalty pack as well.

In comparison..
    full silver tier through credit purchases (and spending those credits on anything but the patron pass) will cost you roughly 12.000$
    120x the 99.99 credit bundle grants 18.500 credits. per bundle = 2220k total.
    Loyalty : you get 2 loyalty per credit purchasing them, so your 18.500 bundles purchase gives 37k loyalty.
    Spending the credits on anything but patron pass grants another 2 loyalty per credit

So buying and spending 2220 credits through credit pack grants 4x2220k loyalty =8.880.000
    Full silver tier is 9.000.000 loyalty total.
    The remaining 120k can fairly easily be achieved by creditselling.. you gift others stuff from store with your 2200k credits. Get paid in plat.. buy Rex from other players with the plat.
    The advantage is the huge amount of credits, the downside is that you will pay a lot more for silver tier and you will only reach that after spending/selling the credits.

With the sidenote, that you can of course spend less cash on credit packs and invest time in creditselling.

For creditselling patron pass... the player paying the plat in store for the pass does not get the loyalty from the purchase. The player USING the pass gets the loyalty. Next to that, buying the patron pass in store grants less loyalty than 2 per credit. It is a fixed amount of 2200 loyalty for 30days patron
    The reason for this... 30days patron gives 7k loyalty through subscription.
    In the original price (without patron discount), you pay 2400 credits for the patron pass.
    That's 4800 loyalty from buying the credits. This is a ratio that can't be changed and goes for all.
    Spending the credits .. 2400 (non-patron price) would reward another 4800 loyalty, which would then amount to 9600 loyalty, 2600 more than subscription would give.
    To level that amount, the credit purchase of 2400 loyalty gives still 4800 loyalty, the remaining loyalty from the 7000 a subscription would give is 2200 for the purchase of the pass.
    Last edited by Aranka; 12-12-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Bring back currency exchangers. I have so much old currency that a level 70 will NEVER use it isn't even funny. The least that can be done is the ability to move it between my ALTS and convert it to other currencies at say a 5:1 or 10:1 ratio.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    A sidenote on the 250$ pack... Since I have not seen it being unique purchase..
    I'm not sure if you mean this, but you can only buy one $250 pack. I bought one and it won't allow me to buy another ... not that I'd really want to.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

exactly what I meant

I will adjust my above post

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by LegitEle View Post
    This is how it should look like to make it acceptable:

The relic cache may need to be more expensive but with a maximum of 2k(1 cache per Patron who raids T2 per week).
    I know a few people have suggested this, so apologies if you didn't get credit, but this makes some sense, love it in fact. Means those people who are grinding out raids can upgrade items eventually that way, I know I'd love this.

As far as credits go, whatever pays the devs to improve the curremy state of the game I'm cool with. Especially as the current pricing set by trion is high enough most normal folk wouldn't dream of buying 200 worth... Lol.

Archindna

Ascendant

Please DO continue offering your thoughts, as they are much appreciated! If we can improve the offering or implementation, we will definitely do so.
    Since you asked, here are my 2 cents.

Personally I do not care what is sold on the shop: fluff, currency, gear, whatever.

What I care about is the quality of a game. And this is the problem with all F2P games that sell power: they need to make gameplay tedious, to encourage people to bypass the gameplay by paying real life money. So while I have no problems with what is sold on the store (I just don't buy it if I don't like it, problem solved), I'm very concerned when gameplay gets altered in various ways to "encourage" me to buy said stuff.

And from all I hear it sounds like you have overtightened the screw by far. So the reason why I currently do not play the game is not what is sold on the shop. The reason is that the game sounds so unfun, ridden by grind, RNG, more grind, multiple levels of RNG, and then some more grind.

Default I know I am a little late to the game on this.

Okay before I get thrown to the galley for once actually speaking my mind; I have been playing on RIFT since day one. Plus I know that a change in Devs and all will cause a massive change in opinions of how a game should be run. I LOVE Rift... I mean seriously love the game. I got over 40 characters now.. I look at all things there... I am not a fan of PvP, but I have gotten involved with it and miss that now it is... dead.

As for the $250 pack.... I personally cannot afford or see it worth spending that much for two mounts....I don't find the intel to be something I have to have. I don't raid, or for that matter get a shot a engame content since I generally tend to be slower then the average joe in leveling. That is fine, people tend to play this game at the speed they enjoy.

I guess why I am writting this... And I know it will get some backlash to what I am saying, but this is a /Free/ to play. Meaning a huge chunk of the player base that started in SL, are not the rich fanboys and girls that the price point assume people are. We as a whole lost a huge chunk of the player base when the decision was made to pay for level 70... and that hurt. It hurt those that played since day one... it hurt those that just started playing that don't have money to do so... and that got fixed... much much later. Problem is the damage was done.

I have not seen a chunk of friends since then... and this new pack, has caused more backlash sadly. If you all really want real feedback in the game, hop on a secret toon... one not a soul knows... and read the 1-29 chat. When something new is released, you will see all the drama that is causes in the chats.... it a little sad that a game I love so much has... dwindle since SL.

Whether or not the toxicness of the community... or the nickle and diming of the current player base, I will remain playing. But heed this... if things keep up, including the death of PvP; people are seeing this game to be dead by sometime next year.

I just hope that you all read this... not see this as a negative post, but the view I've been seeing.

~~* Insanity is a lifestyle, not a problem *~~

Faeblight Characters:
    Solarion, Montago, Rhyallynn (warrior) Ariamas, Erdariel, Kaydori (mage) Draconiairaonheart, Delafontesharpe (rogue) Tamori, Stevecalloway (cleric) Ahriyann (Primalist)

Hi all,

Just got back from discussions with Dev on the concerns of players over Collected Intel packs on the RIFT store. It's a weekend, so it takes a bit of time to round folks up for review, but everyone is on board to look at this carefully; we take player feedback very seriously.

We like to try new things. Sometimes they work great, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they need tweaking - we've seen the feedback on the limited time Collected Intel packs and have decided to take the short term action to switch them off for the time being (the holiday packs remain up).

Taking them offline now gives us time to review ALL the feedback, together with in-game data, next week when the Dev team is back in office, and make careful, reasoned decisions.

On a side note, feedback is easiest for us to collect when here on the official forums, although we do try to cast the net as wide as possible when gathering information.

Please consider this the OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD and please keep it constructive.
    Thank you all!
    ~ Brasse
    Who was going to be the new calling/class Dev?

And ty in advance for your answer

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWitty View Post
    I will not buy them, but I couldn't care less if other people prefer to open their wallets to do so rather than grind it out. I would say it's probably ill advised to be able to purchase highest level gear with said currency lest raiders feel compelled (or it is demanded of them) to upgrade with their wallet. But if it was limited to catch-up gear(ing), I think it's fine. All in all, it's whatever to me.
    unless its limited because there will be a new currency/gear making these buys obsolete in a month

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWitty View Post
    This yet again, goes back to overall >>>Communication<<< problem that we've been having for a long time now. The team should be discussing and asking its playerbase whether or not these things are good ideas so that they can be scrapped or ironed out beforehand. It's extremely counterproductive to "try new things" (or seems to be at least) and push it out only to have a backlash like the one we've seen since Thursday and then have to go back spending dev time and resources to fix it after the fact.
    they have had this talk before and outright ignored it for a cash grab when things like pvp are HEAVILY bleeding out and the end game grind is HORRIFIC then the next to nothing of end game content existing. how can anyone not take away that they are cashing out on players.

most players don't feel trion worlds has our ear anyway and things like this just push the idea.

p.s. i don't even care about end game gear being in the cash shop because i'ed never buy it at a "f2p whale" price point though i like having more ways to get loyalty for new players that will never see high levels of it otherwise.
    my main issue is what selling end game gear for the first time when content is falling apart means. i have not pvped in months and i can't even grind pve because wicket has me by the balls for atlest 2 more weeks so offering me raid ready gear when my weapon will take me 6 more months to do if at all because i can't hit 25 balls anyway? just lol
    Last edited by nessis; 12-19-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3