+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fae Yule Arrives December 7, 2017

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Lightbulb Fae Yule Arrives December 7, 2017

Get ready for the most festive time of year in Telara! That’s right, Fae Yule is right around the corner!

Fae Yule officially starts later this week, beginning on Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 3:30 PM PST / 6:30 PM EST (NA) and 3:30 PM UTC (EU). Get more time to enjoy the season than last year, with the event concluding on Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 3:30 PM PST / 6:30 PM EST (NA) and 3:30 PM UTC (EU).

Fae Yule 2017

We’re bringing back everything you love about Fae Yules past. This includes all of your favorite quests, IAs, zone events, A Very Fae Yule Whitefall Warfront, ugly sweaters, bearded caps, festive mounts – the whole nine yards!

What’s New?
    • New Frosty Moosedantix Power Pack & Other New Packs
    • New Fae Yule Bagling Supply Crate
    • New Themed Cosmetic Weapons, Outfit, & Wings
    • New Holiday Weapon Rune
    • New Statted Winter Drape (Tier 2, Level 70)
    • New Seasonal Dimension & Dimension Items
    • New and Improved Faelight Sparkle Extravaganza Activity Rewards
    • RIFT Credit Top Up Sale
    • And More!

Want to find out more? We recently had a Fae Yule Sneak Peek livestream where we showed off some of the festivities for Fae Yule 2017. Check out the article and be sure to watch the recorded livestream featuring Tacitus, Captain Cursor, and Yaviey.

Happy holidays, Ascended!
    Last edited by Yaviey; 12-06-2017 at 05:30 PM. Reason: updated correct EU times

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Exclamation

Hi all, we've noticed an issue with the Fae Yule Bagling mount not properly granting the mount. We are working on a fix. Please do not put in a CS ticket for this as we can see who got the mount and will make sure you get fixed. ETA: by the end of the day today. Thanks for your patience!

[EDIT: FIXITY FIXED! ~Brasse]
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 12-08-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Rift Disciple

Question Are there issues with providing quests on EU shards?

I was pretty sure that I got the quest to lighten the path of the wanderers around Meridian ... then I lost connection ... and when I logged back in, the quest was gone. Not in my quest book. No NPC available in Meridian to give it. Same for another Sceptic alt I switched to.

Furthermore, also no NPC giving quests to throw snowballs at celebrants, and no NPC giving quests to cheer up Humbugs. I am not sure if they are supposed to arrive only in the second phase; but I see them running / walking around already.

At least there was the weekly quest to invite Atrophinius, and the dailies to collect flowers for Vayyu, to close rifts, and to achieve Yule lights. Also an invitation to take a sleigh ride.
    Last edited by LigH; 12-07-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

Default Dragon's Hoard Pack not giving loyalty

I had someone gift me the Dragon's Hoard Pack ($250) and I did not receive the loyalty from it. Might want to take a look at that. Sent in a ticket with more details.

Kitzy@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitzkatz View Post
    I had someone gift me the Dragon's Hoard Pack ($250) and I did not receive the loyalty from it. Might want to take a look at that. Sent in a ticket with more details.

Kitzy@Greybriar
    Isn't the person who spent the money supposed to be the one who gets the loyalty?

Rift Disciple

No, it states on the pack itself that it rewards the loyalty, doesn't matter who purchases it.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

The loyalty is granted to the purchaser for both the Fae Yule Bagling Cache & Dragon's Hoard Pack.

Rift Disciple

It CLEARLY states on the Hoard Pack itself that inside the contents is the 5 million loyalty. I traded a ridiculous amount of plat for this pack, mostly for the loyalty that the Pack says it offers. You are falsely advertising the contents of those packs!

There's also no way for me to get that loyalty now that I've been gifted the pack, I can no longer purchase it!

This is REALLY upsetting...

Put in a ticket, Kitzy. I saw you advertising a RIDICULOUS amount of plat/REX for this item. It makes sense that you were really just doing it for the loyalty. See if they can't get this fixed for you. I know many purchases of this pack will be for the loyalty alone, so hopefully they can find a way to make it right for you.

Rift Disciple

Angry

I keep losing Yule quests. Yesterday it was the rescue of the lost wanderers (Light the Way). Today I took the one with throwing snowballs (A Frosty Free-For-All) ... and it disappeared. Same for the rift creature hunt (The Safest Way). I have no more quests in the quest book related to the category "Global event".
    Last edited by LigH; 12-08-2017 at 12:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

Unhappy

And hooray, the support replied.

And hooray ... first suggestion: /reloadui No, it cannot be a UI problem, because losing the quest persists even if I log out and back in or switch characters.

And ... second suggestion: Repair client. Nope. It cannot be a client issue, because the selection of quests per character is managed on the server.

A pity you decided to waste time.

What do you mean "you lose the quest"?

Does it just disappear off your on-screen list?

Does it actually get removed off your quest log (accessed by default with L key)?

The on-screen quest list is only 5 quests by default. Once you pick up a 6th quest, one of the ones previously showing disappears from the on-screen list. You still have the quest, it just no longer shows as an actively tracked one.

I hope this helps. I've never had any of the event quests just randomly "go away".

AND I just had another thought. You are only allowed to have so many "daily" quests active at a time. Perhaps you are at your limit and when you think you are accepting one, you really aren't. There's a warning message (which personally I find hard to see) that says "you can't have more quests" or something like that.
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 12-08-2017 at 11:51 AM. Reason: added thought about maxxed amount of daily questis.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    Put in a ticket, Kitzy. I saw you advertising a RIDICULOUS amount of plat/REX for this item. It makes sense that you were really just doing it for the loyalty. See if they can't get this fixed for you. I know many purchases of this pack will be for the loyalty alone, so hopefully they can find a way to make it right for you.
    I did put in the ticket and tried to escalate it but it doesn't seem like they want to help me. I traded 50 REX to some nice guy to gift me this pack because the box itself said it rewarded loyalty. There was NOTHING that said only the purchaser got the loyalty. Every other pack before this rewarded 20k loyalty to the person that received it. So it only stands to reason this one would too. They falsely advertised the box's contents and won't own up to their mistake by fixing it for the few people that they falsely advertised to. So I'm down 50 REX and all I have to show for it is some intel and a few mounts I really don't need. It's really sad cuz I really like this game but I think I'm done. I really feel screwed over by all of this. It's like when you get really excited about something (finally hitting silver tier after years of buying REX and gifting to thousands and thousands of players, which takes a LOOONG time), and after placing it into your hands and you letting you touch it for a bit, they take it away and lock it up so that you can see it but can't touch it.

Don't give up. Try to get the person who purchased it for you to put in a ticket also. It's likely that they don't need the loyalty so they have nothing to lose. I'd also try appealing beyond just customer service. Previously, caches and cash money items awarded loyalty to the receiver, that is definitely true. I do know they've been looking at that as it is not incentive for someone willing to spend cash on the game to help their friends out - I mean I bought plenty of packs for friends before I realized I was not getting loyalty for it. (Don't laugh at me! ) I disagree that it was advertised incorrectly, but I certainly agree that our experiences with how loyalty had been working and no clear indication of how the loyalty would work led you to believe you were going to get the loyalty.

It's obvious that you were trying to acquire the loyalty. 50 REX claimed and then the credits spent is way more loyalty than $250. It's only because the bundle had the 20x bonus that anyone would pay the equivalent of $500 bucks for a $250 item. My wish for you - Calm voices & reasonable approaches and understanding responces & best results! Hopefully I'll see you with Miss MoneyPiggy around soon.
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 12-08-2017 at 02:52 PM.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Quote Originally Posted by Kitzkatz View Post
    I did put in the ticket and tried to escalate it but it doesn't seem like they want to help me. I traded 50 REX to some nice guy to gift me this pack because the box itself said it rewarded loyalty. There was NOTHING that said only the purchaser got the loyalty. Every other pack before this rewarded 20k loyalty to the person that received it. So it only stands to reason this one would too. They falsely advertised the box's contents and won't own up to their mistake by fixing it for the few people that they falsely advertised to. So I'm down 50 REX and all I have to show for it is some intel and a few mounts I really don't need. It's really sad cuz I really like this game but I think I'm done. I really feel screwed over by all of this. It's like when you get really excited about something (finally hitting silver tier after years of buying REX and gifting to thousands and thousands of players, which takes a LOOONG time), and after placing it into your hands and you letting you touch it for a bit, they take it away and lock it up so that you can see it but can't touch it.
    We've asked our CS team to hold off on responses as we're currently testing some options internally. Hoping to have a solution by EOB, and will let you guys know once we make the final call.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast