+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Yaviey
  • 4 Post By Holyroller12
  • 1 Post By bollesti

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream Fall for Shiny Shenanigans

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Lightbulb RIFTstream Fall for Shiny Shenanigans

This week Yaviey will chase players hunting for shinies during Shiny Shenanigans, happening now in RIFT!

This Friday, Jennifer “Yaviey” Bridges, RIFT’s Community Manager will hop onto both the EU and NA servers to join in the merriment of Shiny Shenanigans by adding her own special touch – hide and seek! Players who find her will have a chance at winning an eternal item!

RIFT LIVESTREAM
    Friday, November 17, 2017
    11:30 AM PST: Fall for Shiny Shenanigans
    www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

We will simulcast on RIFT Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, but remember that in order to get in on the prize giveaways, you’ll have to be in Twitch chat!

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

I only have one question this week and hopefully you can relay it to the team and give the answer to us on stream. Fingers Crossed

For the last few years which also includes this one, communication has been a pretty big problem. That has of course has improved quite a bit to bringing you (Yaviey - Big THANK YOU!) to the team and relaying information back and forth especially when it comes to bugs and updates, but she is of course still heavily limited on what she's allowed to say.

On one hand you guys want to be 150% sure that if you announce something that's going to be coming in the near future or distant future on a estimated timeline or specific date that it's for sure going to happen so that you don't get raked over the coals when it doesn't. Last minute things happen and stuff gets delayed and while most of us understand that.. there are of course people who will get upset regardless. On the other hand we have these extremely long delays devoid of any real information / updates which gives very little hope and starts to bring the development and direction of said development into question. You'll see threads like server populations, dev team size and many others pop up and descend into a mix of chaos, speculation and even some good feedback / suggestions. Even if you can't implement things that people suggest then at least make the time to acknowledge as soon as you have a few spare moments.

My question is: Where is the middle ground in all of this? There needs to be more information and updates relayed to us or people just jump ship. I understand there will be subsets of people who aren't happy regardless of what's given out, but there's far more people who will be upset if you don't. "We're so busy working on other things" and "Soon TM" simply aren't good enough anymore. If you're busy then give us some tidbits on what you're so busy working on.

I hope my question doesn't come off as overly demanding or upset. I've personally (like many others) have quite literally invested heavily into the game and care about it and would like to see it succeeded, but with so many threads, discussions and unanswered questions it has become very disheartening even for me. I appreciate any replies that can be given from the team that hopefully don't involve the 2 answers we usually hear above. ;)
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 11-16-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I only have one question this week and hopefully you can relay it to the team and give the answer to us on stream. Fingers Crossed

For the last few years which also includes this one, communication has been a pretty big problem. That has of course has improved quite a bit to bringing you (Yaviey - Big THANK YOU!) to the team and relaying information back and forth especially when it comes to bugs and updates, but she is of course still heavily limited on what she's allowed to say.

On one hand you guys want to be 150% sure that if you announce something that's going to be coming in the near future or distant future on a estimated timeline or specific date that it's for sure going to happen so that you don't get raked over the coals when it doesn't. Last minute things happen and stuff gets delayed and while most of us understand that.. there are of course people who will get upset regardless. On the other hand we have these extremely long delays devoid of any real information / updates which gives very little hope and starts to bring the development and direction of said development into question. You'll see threads like server populations, dev team size and many others pop up and descend into a mix of chaos, speculation and even some good feedback / suggestions. Even if you can't implement things that people suggest then at least make the time to acknowledge as soon as you have a few spare moments.

My question is: Where is the middle ground in all of this? There needs to be more information and updates relayed to us or people just jump ship. I understand there will be subsets of people who aren't happy regardless of what's given out, but there's far more people who will be upset if you don't. "We're so busy working on other things" and "Soon TM" simply aren't good enough anymore. If you're busy then give us some tidbits on what you're so busy working on.

I hope my question doesn't come off as overly demanding or upset. I've personally (like many others) have quite literally invested heavily into the game and care about it and would like to see it succeeded, but with so many threads, discussions and unanswered questions it has become very disheartening even for me. I appreciate any replies that can be given from the team that hopefully don't involve the 2 answers we usually hear above. ;)
    Well articulated question that sadly will be ignored...as always.
    If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    Well articulated question that sadly will be ignored...as always.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKdH...outu.be&t=1365

It was addressed on the livestream and they mostly repeated what I had already said here rather than actually answering it, but to be fair I caught them off guard and they weren't planning on taking forum questions for that particular stream. Hence why I added this to the christmas wish list. I can still hope for a christmas miracle :P
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 11-27-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread