+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Meet the Mystic Archer

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Meet the Mystic Archer

The Mystic Archer is the newest mage soul, coming with the launch of 4.3: Crucia’s Claw.

Souls are something that set RIFT apart from any other MMORPG out there. Each calling has several unique options and skills to fit a wide variety of play-styles including tanking, supporting, damage dealing, and healing. Our newest upcoming soul is for the Mage calling: The Mystic Archer.

The Mystic Archer is a new kind of play experience within RIFT. Unlike any other Mage, it uses a mystical bow and shoots magical bolts. Mystic Archers utilizes situational awareness to attack with raw, unrelenting force against their enemies. Their offensive spells must be aimed, either by character movement or placing ground-targeted AoEs strategically for maximum devastation. It’s fast paced, highly survivable, and powerful.

This new soul will be available for 900 credits beginning October 25th. However, the rest of 4.3: Crucia’s Claw is free to all players.
    Last edited by Yaviey; 10-18-2017 at 10:11 AM. Reason: added price

With the official announcement, I have two questions about souls and purchases:

1) Assuming future souls will also be 'stand-alone', will this approach be applied to the rest of paid souls to make purchasing them more player friendly for the newcomers and those who haven't bought any paid souls yet for various reasons? I'm asking this because I personally think selling souls separately is a very good idea to give people more options and to be more on the 'micro' side of micro transactions. While bundles should still be a thing (having, obviously, lower prices per soul to keep them attractive for those interested in several souls at once), IMO any soul should be available for a separate purchase. It's an easy way of making everyone happy thus having more people buy souls.

2) Considering question #1 and just general history of Rift's monetization, is it maybe time to introduce smaller credit packs and smaller REX equivalents to make credit trading more player friendly and more inclusive as opposed to only relying on 'whales' instead of also including those who'd rather spend a couple bucks here and there bringing more "spontaneous" money into the game?

I have previously suggested it but didn't receive any replies from the team (even though I realize the thread has been monitored and suggestions have been taken into consideration). Seeing how good Rift's credit trading system is but how very limited it is as well comparing to what it could have been with a little rework I'd like to know if options are being looked at to make the game's monetization model friendlier to as many people as possible, not solely to whale type of players. IMO it will create a more consistent revenue flow and at the same time encourage more people for "convenience shopping" so to speak rather than only big purchases they'd have to save up for or even take away from other hobbies. I'd love to know if this is being considered by the team and the higher ups.

Thank you!
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Soulwalker

Default What about the people who paid for the expansion?

Hi all:

First of all, I apologize for my English, it is not my first language, sorry if some words are not totally correct

There were people who paid for the "Starfall Prophecy" expansion about 40€. As far as I know, Trion said the expansion would not be free and for those who will pay for it, they will get the whole content included in the expansion.

Right now I feel a bit confused and why not, a bit scamed due to, I dont understand why I have to pay for the new Mage soul if I paid for the whole content included in the expansion (A.K.A Starfall prophecy).

TRION words: "This new soul will be available for 900 credits from October 25. However, the rest of 4.3: Crucia's claw is free for all players."

So, how to have to understand this?, this sould belongs to the current expansion?, not?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by keasepuck; 10-18-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Unlike any other Mage, it uses a mystical bow and shoots magical bolts.
    Where is this Bow and these bolts, all I do on PTS is wave my Wand and the floor lights up?

i went to the pts shard to check out the mystic archer but did not see it up there? what am i missing ? i started as guardian but did not see it in line up of souls ...
    -> Morrewin@faeblight lvl67
    -> Anywho@faeblight lvl70
    -> Seagrams@hailol lvl65
    -> Chrisss@greybriar lvl69

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Where is this Bow and these bolts, all I do on PTS is wave my Wand and the floor lights up?
    Well the photo shows a bow and arrow...

Just sayin

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
    Well the photo shows a bow and arrow...

Just sayin
    Still... someone need to clear the fog. On pts, just the wands, no bows. Are we able to use Bows? If so, why can't we use them on PTS? Whatever, I'm not gonna buy it.
    Last edited by Ailell; 10-19-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Nereius@Faeblight

Shadowlander

When my primalist friend first told me mages were getting a soul that shot arrows I was very excited and actually bounced in mah chair. Then I saw how it actually worked. And how we were forced to chase arrows on the ground and pick them up while other classes do not have to. My excitement quickly faded into disappointment because as mages, masters of magic, we should be able to summon and fire them like the other classes do.

And now to find out I would not only have to pick up arrows off the ground, I would have to pay for it? (I purchased the higher tier of the expansion on preorder...)

While it would be fun to have a bow and bounce around yelling pew pew pew! these 2 factors ensure that I will not be getting this soul.

I am however, extremely excited about the gingerbread house possibility
    Last edited by Daementia; 10-20-2017 at 02:30 AM.
    Dims on Greybriar: Phoenix Ascending's guild dim (Tuldio Sun Orb), listed under my Main (Xaii) Asian Tea House, Riftwarts, Halloween Home. newly opened Sky Haven. My alt Daementia: Xaii's Castle Dim (castle is on top of a glacier)

It’s fast paced, highly survivable, and powerful.
    I really find this funny, this soul it not at all Fast pace! Yes it has instant cast abilities but it has a 1.5sec GCD this is not FAST PACED!

This soul is not Highly Survivable, the amount of times you are going to pull way more mobs for playing this is ridiculous and it is much harder and slower to kill mobs!

There has been only 2 updates to Mystic Archer, how the arrows spawn, and a graphic for showing where u are hitting (after u have pressed the ability). I really feel sorry for anyone who buys this soul in 5 days time, because this soul is not ready, and there has been no intention of making this soul any better and it really needs things changed!

Quote Originally Posted by keasepuck View Post
    There were people who paid for the "Starfall Prophecy" expansion about 40€. As far as I know, Trion said the expansion would not be free and for those who will pay for it, they will get the whole content included in the expansion.

Right now I feel a bit confused and why not, a bit scamed due to, I dont understand why I have to pay for the new Mage soul if I paid for the whole content included in the expansion (A.K.A Starfall prophecy).
    I also agree with this! I can't believe you had the audacity to say this expansion will be pay to play (1 time fee) and not free to play, and then make it free to play and then make us pay for the soul which should of been free for anyone who brought the expansion.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ailell View Post
    Still... someone need to clear the fog. On pts, just the wands, no bows. Are we able to use Bows? If so, why can't we use them on PTS?...
    I don't disagree, I was just being a wisenheimer . In fact I tried to load up the PTS to check it out myself but can't get the PTS to update.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
    I don't disagree, I was just being a wisenheimer . In fact I tried to load up the PTS to check it out myself but can't get the PTS to update.
    I did noticed :P

I mentioned that because the picture is misleading. The whole thing smells fishy. The new soul isn't perfect, the animations sucks (depends on the environment), wands only and they give us a picture with a bow????? It's a hot mess!
    Nereius@Faeblight

Telaran

dev_trion_keyens, "Also, something Mystic Archers might not be aware of, a special bow will be coming with the pack. It is an Ascended bow and will grow with you. At the moment it is the only bow Mages can equip."

Keyens put that up in chat during the last live stream, of course i'm skeptical of it being better then our upgraded crafted wand. There's no way to see it though so who knows. If that is true and the stats on it are low in comparison we'll only have access to bow skins on alt's / pre-70 characters. They could be going to the lazy route on that and just be giving us a wand that looks like a bow, then we'll just be stuck using our wands or that one ugly bow skin.

The Mystic Archer is the newest mage soul, coming with the launch of 4.3: Crucia’s Claw.

Souls are something that set RIFT apart from any other MMORPG out there. Each calling has several unique options and skills to fit a wide variety of play-styles including tanking, supporting, damage dealing, and healing. Our newest upcoming soul is for the Mage calling: The Mystic Archer.

The Mystic Archer is a new kind of play experience within RIFT. Unlike any other Mage, it uses a mystical bow and shoots magical bolts. Mystic Archers utilizes situational awareness to attack with raw, unrelenting force against their enemies. Their offensive spells must be aimed, either by character movement or placing ground-targeted AoEs strategically for maximum devastation. It’s fast paced, highly survivable, and powerful.

This new soul will be available for 900 credits beginning October 25th. However, the rest of 4.3: Crucia’s Claw is free to all players.
    Pfff bow... everyone knows Rifle is better.

Can the mages use the wardrobe system and make the bow look like a gun?

I hope after this hits PvP Keyens realises Ethereal Damage is not good for balance. For masteries it was fine, abilities like this and Ethereal Beam, not so much.

What about new souls for other classes???

I got excited for a second that there would be something new to do in Rift, but since I only play warrior in 4.x that was just false hope.

I dislike a single new soul. New soul for each class would be much better.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast