+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Meet the Mystic Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    What about new souls for other classes???

I got excited for a second that there would be something new to do in Rift, but since I only play warrior in 4.x that was just false hope.

I dislike a single new soul. New soul for each class would be much better.

They will be released one at a time, 1 new soul for each class has already been confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    They will be released one at a time, 1 new soul for each class has already been confirmed
    Do you have any source about when theres gonna a new warrior one? I'd like try that one out.

p.s. I hope its not in 2019.
    Last edited by Sahtiaro; 10-22-2017 at 01:25 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    Do you have any source about when theres gonna a new warrior one? I'd like try that one out.

p.s. I hope its not in 2019.
    Couldn't tell you, hasn't even been a hint as to whats next, I assume Primalist will be last considering they just got a few new souls, other than that, no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Unlike any other Mage, it uses a mystical bow and shoots magical bolts.
    Where is this Bow and these bolts, all I do on PTS is wave my Wand and the floor lights up?
    Didn't know this at the time of posting or they updated PTS after but you can use a Bow with arrows and a quiver.

1st you need a Bow skin otherwise Fx does doesn't work.
    2nd you need to change your wardrobe Wand to a Bow.
    3rd you need to target the enemy, if you don't the Bow doesn't appear.
    4th always have a target, otherwise your arrows will shoot down at your feet.

I wish someone would have pointed this all out and how do new people even find this all out when it goes Live, word of mouth?
    Last edited by Burninalways; 10-22-2017 at 08:34 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Didn't know this at the time of posting or they updated PTS after but you can use a Bow with arrows and a quiver.

1st you need a Bow skin otherwise Fx does doesn't work.
    2nd you need to change your wardrobe Wand to a Bow.
    3rd you need to target the enemy, if you don't the Bow doesn't appear.
    4th always have a target, otherwise your arrows will shoot down at your feet.

I wish someone would have pointed this all out and how do new people even find this all out when it goes Live, word of mouth?
    I'm I being overly critical? Every time I read this post Burninalways, I can't help shaking my head and thinking that these mechanics are ridiculous. It almost sounds as if the Mystic Archer is only half done and not ready for prime time.

Rift Disciple

Question What is playing the Mystic Archer like?

What is playing the Mystic Archer like? Is it like playing a character on Trove?

If the answer is "Yes.", then will controller support be available for it?
    Last edited by LungingWolf; 10-24-2017 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Added additional thought.

Well I was excited about this Mystic Archer and now I am not, what a let down, sheesshhh, I hate the way mage plays in this game, I have one and I don't dare use it in real game I only use it in instant adventures where other people can kill and I am just support, I really was looking for a mage soul that I can go and play in the zones instead of been a crystal cannon.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

I play mage, and have been playing mage since early beta/original release.

I found I usually get killed in group activities, relying on group heals, that not always happen at the spot I am standing at... So in open world, I at times put in a bit of chloro in the build, to get some self heals. Or use the tank element, to aggro and live through my pet heals, while I dps in between.

Other than that, I can handle myself with most stuff without getting killed all the time.

Not sure what build(s) you have tried or have been playing, but mage can certainly keep up in open world.

Soulwalker

Default bought soul but can't find it

I just bought the mystic archer soul but can not find it anywhere!!!! Did get a new bow in the mail???? Am new to rift, and would appreciate any help.

Soulwalker

Bow comes via mail system. The problem is stats on it !!! No "Hit" at all !!! This soul needs to be upgraded a little bit. But actually, i like idea and concept - interesting, nonstandard, e.t.c.

Quote Originally Posted by BlushingAngel View Post
    I just bought the mystic archer soul but can not find it anywhere!!!! Did get a new bow in the mail???? Am new to rift, and would appreciate any help.
    Its in your list of souls but its not called mystic archer its wilds archer or something.

I read somewhere the bow grows over time. How? and do you have to equip it for it to grow or just have it in your bag cause atm the bow really sux in stats.
    Forgive your enemy but remember the bastards name.

Karma..what goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post
    I read somewhere the bow grows over time. How? and do you have to equip it for it to grow or just have it in your bag cause atm the bow really sux in stats.
    When you equip the bow the stats automatically increase to match your current level, and continue to increase as you level.

Unless it in you bags, then you won't see it change until you equip it again.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 10-27-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Equipped it and urgh. I am lvl 70 so the stats didn't change way lower than my raid wand and no hit. So why would we even use this?
    Forgive your enemy but remember the bastards name.

Karma..what goes around comes around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2