+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.3 Crucia’s Claw: October 25

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
    Why add another soul to mage? Wasn't there a dominator rework planned at some point?

I genuinely don't understand this update.
    Only logic I can see here is commercial.
    Mages are currently in a bad state for DPS. we have 4 useless souls (I forgot Dominator, it disapeared long ago...). We are lowest dps.
    So instead of fixing this, they make another soul, which will probably be OP at lauch, to try to sell it. But another soul not usable in instanced /raid content will be another useless soul. And we get some rogue style because the class dev loves rogues.

I will not pay for a survival soul. And I will not pay for a rogue-like soul. I want to play mage with my original spellcaster souls,and I think most mages think alike, is this difficult to understand?

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, à la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Only logic I can see here is commercial.
    Mages are currently in a bad state for DPS. we have 4 useless souls (I forgot Dominator, it disapeared long ago...). We are lowest dps.
    So instead of fixing this, they make another soul, which will probably be OP at lauch, to try to sell it. But another soul not usable in instanced /raid content will be another useless soul. And we get some rogue style because the class dev loves rogues.

I will not pay for a survival soul. And I will not pay for a rogue-like soul. I want to play mage with my original spellcaster souls,and I think most mages think alike, is this difficult to understand?
    Didn't they mention at some point there would be a dominator rework to make it more useful? Whatever happened to that? Seems weird to bring up a rework and then introduce a brand new soul, one that we will presumably have to pay for.

I'm not gonna lie, that soul does sound absolutely awesome. I especially enjoy that there's going to be a new type of targeting aspect to it, at least, from what was described.

That being said, priorities definitely need to be re-adjusted here. You're trying to drive across the country here, but you've broken down in Ohio and still shooting for California. Fix the issues at hand before trying to move forward or you're going to end up driving everybody away to more balanced and attentive games.

Rift Disciple

I question the timing of this new mage addition. Not that I am against the mages or anything it is just that there is so much other work that needs to be done. TD is still bugged,I assume in both EZ and Normal, at least at the council fight. Crifting is also bugged where you get no rewards from time to time. DRR have the same problem. The game still crashes randomly. It crashes when doing the Expert Temple of Anhket. Haven't seen much, if any, in stability fixes or improvements to the game's performance. And we still have the class imbalances to deal with. Lastly people who melee have to work several times harder then those who use ranged spec. It would make sense to address these issue before adding any new content since the new content will have problems all its own compounded by existing issues.

Ewa
    Telaran

Default Lots of complaints

There are lots of complaints........why

Trion just announced a new raid and a new soul. You should be excited for new content.

Yes there are several issues with current specs and trion said they are or will be working on fixing them.

Dont incentivized trion not to release new content. Yes we want it polished and they know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewa View Post

Trion just announced a new raid and a new soul. You should be excited for new content.

Yes there are several issues with current specs and trion said they are or will be working on fixing them.

Dont incentivized trion not to release new content. Yes we want it polished and they know that.
    This logic assumes that ANY content delivery, regardless of scope or quality, should be praised. Complaints about the nature, theme, and quality of the new soul are all valid ones to be raised. It's also fair to complain about the fact that this soul is being produced at the expense of giving badly needed and long overdue care to pre-existing souls, despite numerous complaints to Trion and promises from them that it would be made a priority.

As far as the raid goes, having new actual content is always nice. But that said, the word going about this raid about it being a three boss, arena style raid is actually very concerning. It paints a picture of a lazily thrown together raid. At this point, the last thing Trion should be doing is lobbing out another half baked raid. That said, the jury is still out on this one.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewa View Post

People are upset because Trion told us that they had very limited resources to work with.

Given that they have limited resources, when they come out with a new soul and there are no rebalancings to be found on the PTS, people come to the logical conclusion that all the resources got dumped into a new soul instead of fixing their issues with existing classes.

Given that the rate of positive change in balance is very slow, this is upsetting because it means that people might have to wait up to a year for positive changes in their class (yes, some changes take that long).

Generally, people in this game want rebalancing of existing souls rather than those resources being spent on new souls that we will probably have to pay for. Being asked to pay up after not receiving what you need and want is upsetting. It's human nature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2