Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By Yaviey
  • 3 Post By Treponem
  • 1 Post By Yaviey
  • 6 Post By qUiXui
  • 1 Post By Squirrel69
  • 3 Post By Balidin
  • 1 Post By Treponem

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream What’s Coming in October

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Lightbulb RIFTstream What’s Coming in October

This week Yaviey will speak to the dev team about what’s coming up in October for RIFT.

Jennifer “Yaviey” Bridges, RIFT’s Community Manager will be joined by members of the RIFT dev team to discuss what’s coming up in RIFT over the next month. Together they will discuss the upcoming wardrobe sale in RIFT, Extra Life, Twitch Con, and a little bit about Autumn Harvest. The devs will also answer your questions live on stream. Last but not least, Yaviey will be on the EU shards spreading corgi madness for a chance to win an eternal item. Watch us live on Twitch for a chance to win in-game prizes.

RIFT LIVESTREAM
    Friday, September 29, 2017
    11:30 AM PDT: October in RIFT
    www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

We will simulcast on RIFT Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, but remember that in order to get in on the prize giveaways, you’ll have to be in Twitch chat!

Shadowlander

Jennifer, it is really nice and important to make a Stream about the upcoming wardrobe sale in RIFT and many more but it seems that’s many player are extremely frustrated about balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewa View Post
    It's true Primalist and Rogues are Over Powered Still
    Primalist more than Rogues.
    I'm a geared warrior in my guild and a lowered gear Primalist is out parsing me on a dummy. He has no eternal, no focus, poor essences, low cp, and really low fragments. I've 5/6 eternal weapon, all lvl 15 fragments except 2, all upgraded essences with BIS greater, CP soft capped, and newer melee trinket.
    It's extremely frustrating with all the work I have put into my rotation, gear, rep, going against a much lower gear Primalist.
    Trion- it feels unfair and deflating the class balance has not been solved now.
    There are a lot of player like Ewa. The community makes a lot of Threads at the forum and helps with tools like:

This Google Spreadsheet contains all the compiled data in 3 separate reports. (Form Dimples)

or

https://prancingturtle.com/Session/BossFight/155

One class is so overpowered that they are able to solo parts of the current content - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg6tmFuJEsU&t

Whats the current state:

Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow View Post
    Our Raid Group has been recruiting Warrior, Cleric and Mage for the last several months. Nevertheless, we could not find any users other than the Dex class.
    It is sad but true - Warrior, Cleric and Mage are dying classes and the last shirt have no pockets.
    Last edited by Ora pro nobis; 09-29-2017 at 06:40 AM.
    be realistic let's try the impossible

We don't care about wardrobe.
    We NEED proper class balancing and bug fixing.

So EU servers get loving but not NA servers for Eternal drops? How do we know when you come to the NA servers?

Grievance is a family-oriented online gaming community. The concepts of family, honor, and loyalty are hallmarks of Grievance and are expected to be upheld and respected by all members.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Ora pro nobis View Post
    Jennifer, it is really nice and important to make a Stream about the upcoming wardrobe sale in RIFT and many more but it seems that’s many player are extremely frustrated about balancing.

There are a lot of player like Ewa. The community makes a lot of Threads at the forum and helps with tools like:

This Google Spreadsheet contains all the compiled data in 3 separate reports. (Form Dimples)

or

https://prancingturtle.com/Session/BossFight/155

One class is so overpowered that they are able to solo parts of the current content - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg6tmFuJEsU&t

Whats the current state:

It is sad but true - Warrior, Cleric and Mage are dying classes and the last shirt have no pockets.
    Class balancing is done in some regard every week. Also, a completely different set of developers are in charge of that than have worked on wardrobes or are on this week's stream. We're taking a look at the feedback but can only focus on a little bit at a time and right now it was determined to work on wardrobe stuff. We appreciate all the feedback given on class balancing and understand that you are frustrated that at this moment, we're discussing something else, but we will get to other parts of the game in time.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by Treponem View Post
    We don't care about wardrobe.
    We NEED proper class balancing and bug fixing.
    We appreciate that you might not care about wardrobes, but others do. We try to give a little bit of everything in our weekly streams because we have players who like different aspects of our game more than others.

Class balancing is an ongoing topic that we look at every week. Just take a look at the patch notes. Additionally, we have gone to great strides to work on bugs as you can see by our new bug reports section where we actively communicate bug status with players.
    Last edited by Yaviey; 09-29-2017 at 04:50 PM. Reason: added links

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Emisssary View Post
    So EU servers get loving but not NA servers for Eternal drops? How do we know when you come to the NA servers?
    We switch off EU to NA and NA to EU each time we do this. Last week NA got some love so we started with EU this week. And as for times the devs get online to the other set of servers, it's when they can. I personally came on around 2:30 PM PDT, after I had wrapped up some important work I had to do and finally was able to get lunch. These are meant to be more surprise fun things than a set time all the time.
    Last edited by Yaviey; 09-29-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    We appreciate that you might not care about wardrobes, but others do. We try to give a little bit of everything in our weekly streams because we have players who like different aspects of our game more than others.

Class balancing is an ongoing topic that we look at every week. Just take a look at the patch notes. Additionally, we have gone to great strides to work on bugs as you can see by our new bug reports section where we actively communicate bug status with players.
    While I think everybody appreciates the fixing of bugs, balance has been horrid for months on end, and there is nothing being done to address this. But since you said "look at the patch notes", here we go:

Hotfix #12 9/27/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #11 9/20/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #10 9/14/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #9 9/13/2017 - A few bugfixes, no balance changes
    Hotfix #8 9/6/2017 - Bug fixes, Primalist nerf part 2, its still overpowered but hey you tried...
    Hotfix #7 8/23/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #6 8/16/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #5 8/9/2017 - Primalist nerf to MW (too bad thats not the problematic skill), nerf (?) to Marksmen (also not the problem with rogues being op)
    Hotfix #4 8/3/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #2 7/26/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #1 7/21/2017 - No balance changes at all
    RIFT 4.2: CELESTIAL STORM 7/20/2017 - Last balance changes that put us into the place we're now

So there you go, except two feeble attempts to nerf a primalist spec that's still op there were pretty much no balance changes for over 2 months. Leather wearers are still tremendously OP, yet you say you're looking at balancing every week, which raises the question - do you really think class balance is fine the way it is now? If you do, please tell us.
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>

Telaran

Class balancing is done in some regard every week.
    The changes from Hotfix#11 5/31/2017 overpower Rogue: Nightblade and removed three other class from doing damage in raids.

One the other side - is it normal that a rogue can solo a raid-golem from the current content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg6tmFuJEsU&t

Feedback from Riftstream - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v-hLfS6-Z0
    18:10 Time - about Mages - Feedback: Whats wrong with Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesium View Post
    Mages can play Chon or re-roll.
    Last edited by Sing; 09-30-2017 at 02:16 AM.

We switch off EU to NA and NA to EU each time we do this. Last week NA got some love so we started with EU this week. And as for times the devs get online to the other set of servers, it's when they can. I personally came on around 2:30 PM PDT, after I had wrapped up some important work I had to do and finally was able to get lunch. These are meant to be more surprise fun things than a set time all the time.
    Yaviey, Don't mind my guildmate, he has no patience. :P
    Admiral Squirrel (Unofficial Guild Squirrel Recruitment Officer.)
    AKA:Foamysquirrel, Cptsquirrelsnuts, LTCsquirrelsnuts, Grievancequirrel, Santa Squirrel, and many more....

Rift Master

I have to agree with others here.

It's not about whether having a wardrobe sale or anything like that is a good idea. I don't want to ruin anyone elses fun. This is about timing. Right now Rift is in a real bad place. We had the worst expansion release I have ever seen, we have no notable 5 man content, we have a new zone that was supposed to be cool dynamic content but other than looking really nice, only has dailies and rare farm. There is little casual content to do outside of raids, we have multiple souls which are useless for each calling and class balance is so off. The fragment system needed a revamp months ago, the eternal quest drives new players away and the guild system hasnt seen any notable upgrades in years. For all these problems, with hotfix after hotfix of no balance updates or tweaks to systems, having livestreams talking about a sale on the store is just really bad timing and looks like you are taking the micky to some people... The actions by Trion and from the attitude I am seeing show a real lack of self awareness with regards to the game issues. If I had any hair left I would be pulling it out with how frustrated I am with Rift.

For some reason I still hold out hope we can turn this round somehow but I just can't see any intention to do so by Trion.

Bali
    Last edited by Balidin; 10-02-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by qUiXui View Post
    While I think everybody appreciates the fixing of bugs, balance has been horrid for months on end, and there is nothing being done to address this. But since you said "look at the patch notes", here we go:

Hotfix #12 9/27/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #11 9/20/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #10 9/14/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #9 9/13/2017 - A few bugfixes, no balance changes
    Hotfix #8 9/6/2017 - Bug fixes, Primalist nerf part 2, its still overpowered but hey you tried...
    Hotfix #7 8/23/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #6 8/16/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #5 8/9/2017 - Primalist nerf to MW (too bad thats not the problematic skill), nerf (?) to Marksmen (also not the problem with rogues being op)
    Hotfix #4 8/3/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #2 7/26/2017 - No balance changes at all
    Hotfix #1 7/21/2017 - No balance changes at all
    RIFT 4.2: CELESTIAL STORM 7/20/2017 - Last balance changes that put us into the place we're now

So there you go, except two feeble attempts to nerf a primalist spec that's still op there were pretty much no balance changes for over 2 months. Leather wearers are still tremendously OP, yet you say you're looking at balancing every week, which raises the question - do you really think class balance is fine the way it is now? If you do, please tell us.
    They will make little or no changes to primalist while they are making money on selling the calling . I see the credit price for it has dropped a bit so maybe once the sales die out they will make some changes . That's the way Trion works , you create a class , buff the heck out of it so everyone buys it , make your money then nerf the crap out of it and rinse and repeat .

You can add to this depressing list:
    Hotfix #13 - 10/04/2017 No balance changes at all

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Please keep this thread on topic. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread