+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree733Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Telara Fashion Week 2017 Contest

FYI, It was mentioned several times in the livestream that the wardrobe was the most important factor, but after that, context matters.

If people would stop being salty, I'm sure there would be more of these events. The 10 finalists were chosen by Trion and the top 3 were voted by the community, no rules were broken. The only proper thing left to say here is: congratz to the winners!
    Last edited by Seshatar; 09-16-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | Heroes of Telara Discord | Extra Life 2017

>>> MONTHLY RIFT GIVEAWAYS <<<

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Ascendant

This place is like mountains of Nepal bro, you know that but their is some blurry lines (especially achievement items) which is ok to inquire about for the next one especially since its Yaviey's first Rift contest but 100% agree the winners regardless of who and what are wicked sauce and deserve every grats!

I am a weiner!!

My fiance and I were excited to see our toon on the livestream. We felt like fancy celebrities. It was tons of fun. These types of events are what make Rift unique. She is in fact making that costume irl for halloween this year.

Thanks for voting for us!
    Needs more BRAAAGH!!

Shadowlander

Lets be brutally honest here, it was a screenshot contest. The only people arguing against that are the finalists and the trion community sponsors or whatever they are called.

If you want to argue the point then go watch the livestream. The picture used for the winning wardrobe was a shot showing only the shoulders up of the outfit. All you saw was helm, cape/wings, shoulders and part of the chest. You didn't see the pants, gloves or boots or 50%+ of the chest. I don't think you can really judge ~50% of an outfit.

Honestly I don't care if they have screenshot contests, frankly thats a cool idea, just call them that and you won't have this problem afterwards.

Congratulations to the finalists and winners, you all had cool pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    I am a weiner!!
    These types of events are what make Rift unique. She is in fact making that costume irl for halloween this year.

Thanks for voting for us!
    I think yours was one of my favs. Love it, and if she is really making that costume for halloween this year, you guys have to post that. Love to see it

Congratulations to the winners.

Not sure how they managed to narrow it down to even the top 20, never mind top 10. There were so many great costumes put together for this. Was fun to see them all. Look forward to adding some of them to my growing list of outfits....like I don't already spend way to much time in the wardrobe lol.

While I didn't win, I had a great time trying on all sorts of outfits. Look forward to the next event

Yaviey, we were asking in the live stream if you would post the team's top 20 picks...could you post those up, as well as list the top 3 please.

Tnx
    Last edited by ArcticGypsy; 09-16-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastron View Post
    The picture used for the winning wardrobe was a shot showing only the shoulders up of the outfit. All you saw was helm, cape/wings, shoulders and part of the chest. You didn't see the pants, gloves or boots or 50%+ of the chest. I don't think you can really judge ~50% of an outfit.
    In this very specific case you CAN judge the outfit with the 50% that you see, because the hero's wardrobe is a special piece. One unique piece covers shoulders, chest, boots and pants. So these can't be changed.
    This is why I think this is not a good choice for a shop wardrobe (the other reason is it being a legacy loyalty reward).

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Devastron View Post
    Honestly I don't care if they have screenshot contests, frankly thats a cool idea, just call them that and you won't have this problem afterwards.
    Congratulations to the finalists and winners, you all had cool pictures.
    We had wardrobe screenshots contests previously. I remember one where you had to take a screenshot of your character fishing.

For me, making a screenshot in situation was an evidence, because my outfit was made for a RP event, in the dimension where I took the picture.
    To avoid problems, I think future wardrobe contests should have a rule for this: submit a screenshot in game, or submit a picture of the toon on the loading screen. So everyone does the same.
    It is the first contest Yaviey does, nobody's perfect. And wardrobe judging is very subjective.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 09-16-2017 at 11:49 PM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Cool

The thing is that not the devs/CMs were doing the final voting but other players. People will always go for flashy/fancy/interesting images rather than ones sticking strictly to the rules and, as such, boring. And I can't blame them for that, though I find it funny that my outfit got only 4 votes and yet it is the one that was used in most thumbnails as the only one among finalists presenting the outfit like you would do it for an actual fashion design: front, side, and back screenshots, side by side, against a more-or-less neutral background. I wanted to be pro about it and I shot myself in the foot, lol.

I think that, in the future, some more detailed rules need to be established for both the submissions and the voting process. Like it was mentioned above: make it so people can only submit character selection screen images, so that everyone has equal chances and the outfit itself is the only thing that matters. Also, specify that the outfit needs to be put together from a certain amount of different wardrobe items to avoid one-piece outfits winning.

Another thing that bugged me, even though it did not concern me personally, was that it was never mentioned in the rules that special pieces would not be used for the store version of the winning outfit. It makes perfect sense, of course, as you wouldn't want to just outright sell a rare or achievement piece, but again - it should have been clearly stated in the rules, to avoid situations where an outfit is built around a specific piece that would have to be removed later, thus ruining the design.

On the whole, I am grateful for the chance to take part in this project, for the chance to see my beloved character talked about in the livestream, and to see him in the promo pieces for it. It was exhilarating, and I hope there will be more such contest in the future, with some conclusions and lessons learned from what didn't quite work as intended this time around.

PS: when can we expect our finalist titles to be made available to us? I can't wait to run around in my contest outfit and show off to all the bad guys out there that I'm a fashion guru.
    Last edited by Calarand; 09-17-2017 at 01:07 AM.

Default Must be present to win?

Absolutely absurd that you would expect people to be able to attend a live stream to even be in the running for your contest. If attendance is mandatory you might want to mention that in the contest post and maybe even do more than one so everyone actually gets a chance to be involved. Some people's day jobs aren't at game development companies.

You should have just called it a contest EVENT and done the judging live in-game. That would have at least eliminated the argument that it was a a screenshot contest.
    Phineousfingers on Twitch - Phonybologna, Pintseyes, Oopsupside and Getchasome@Greybriar. Tourists on every PvE shard, NA and EU. Lots of free items available for the asking.
    All Public dimensions are on Greybriar; flagged (PBJ) *for Phonybologna's Junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frappenguy View Post
    Absolutely absurd that you would expect people to be able to attend a live stream to even be in the running for your contest. If attendance is mandatory you might want to mention that in the contest post and maybe even do more than one so everyone actually gets a chance to be involved. Some people's day jobs aren't at game development companies.
    You did not need to be present to run the contest. Trion judges picked their favorites before the stream and then the players voted for them live on stream. The only difference it could make if you were present is that you could vote for your own wardrobe since it was an anonymous poll. Other than that, there were no requirements for attending the stream in order to participate and/or win.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

i do believe rules should be explicit in the requirements, but other than that.. no offense but its just a silly contest for fun. personally i wouldn't have wanted any of their top 10 picks....did nothing for my aesthetics...accept for the one with the angel looking wings.

which is why i voted for that guy lol.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=61980&dateline=132906  2110

Congratulations to the winners!

I guess what we can take from this and almost everyone agrees is that the rules need to be more specific. Looking forward to more of these events! (Autumn, fae yule?)

All in all it was a fun contest, plus I got to make another wardrobe and looked at what other people come up with.
    Azzteck@Greybriar
    <MWM>

Prophet of Telara

It is what it is, im happy for the effort. It was a test run, next time will have more clear boundairies. Gratz to the winners.

ps: What happened to the last time a wardrobe contest happeened? Cause the nightmare crawler wardrobe only made it to wardrobe data ingame, not rift shop.

=> http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5169310

Someone knows Narsiro?!
    Ha!!!
    No one knows Narsiro!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast