+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree733Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Telara Fashion Week 2017 Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    And one more thing, announcing that no chieve items and such will be part of the final wardrobe if it wins would save a lot of questions asked during and after the stream. In the previous Trion wardrobe contest many people tried to "push" the items that couldn't make it to the store otherwise which obviously couldn't be done, but I think it'd save many people a lot of trouble if it was clear that those items were not allowed in the final wardrobe
    This was asked and answered earlier in the thread, but since people missed it it could have been made clearer.

The rest of your post is great

Can we get a list of the winners here?
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 09-15-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    This was definitely a very nice idea for a community contest, but along with a few other people I was quite surprised to learn that we could actually have a bit more freedom with it than was stated in the announcement. Hope it's okay if I make some suggestions.

Back when we had an ongoing Wardrobe Wednesday competition run by Discordya there were a few things that made it easier for people to participate and for the judges to make their choices.

First off, it was clearly stated that no retouching is allowed in the screenshots. This way, the wardrobe couldn't be altered and it made it easier to judge it. If retouching is allowed (which is fine!) this should be stated in the rules. Personally I was so used to this rule in WW that I had no idea I can actually play with the image a bit.

Second, we had "wardrobe" type entries and "scene" type entries. Wardrobe entries would be back-front-side shots of wardrobe from the char selection screen. The quality of screenshots mattered in that one. Scene, on the other hand, would have composition as one of the main criteria. In this contest, there was no clear rule on what the entry is supposed to look like, besides the "3 pics per person" rule. Surely if the composition was one of the criteria more people would try to be more creative instead of just taking 3 pics on selection screen. Maybe even make a wardrobe+scene contest?

And one more thing, announcing that no chieve items and such will be part of the final wardrobe if it wins would save a lot of questions asked during and after the stream. In the previous Trion wardrobe contest many people tried to "push" the items that couldn't make it to the store otherwise which obviously couldn't be done, but I think it'd save many people a lot of trouble if it was clear that those items were not allowed in the final wardrobe

Thank you!

I think that you are absolutely right. But everything is is done. Three finalists of the description, and I hope to roll back to no one.
    But the rules that you propose in the future will allow me to become stronger and try to participate again

Narsiro is winner and thanks to everyone who tried in this contest
    Last edited by Narsiro; 09-15-2017 at 05:52 PM.

I must say, this was a !Dashing! event @Yaviey. Everyone's efforts are keenly well thought out, and to use the term "unique" would be discrediting... This was Marvelous...

A sheer Thank you Yaviey

~ Esca
    Escadora@Deepwood
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Ascendant

Default Thank you for top ten placing.

I really enjoyed the freedom this contest had to share our favorite outfits anyway we wanted to because it shows off the game and individuality more which is always so fun to see though "achievement rewards " is too blurry. I thought this also included rep items (Ember Isles) and even the veteran piece of the winner is an interesting choice since it covers shoulders, chest hands legs and feet as one piece that we all already have access to from summoning the rep vendor/is a legacy style item that could also be considered an achievement item (I am uncertain if it is still attainable.)

Absolutely no doubt all winners efforts are stunning though loved all of them and CONGRATS to all 3 of you!

Just things to consider. Cheers again and hope we see more community olala like this. Very generous!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-15-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Ascendant

Hmmm double post
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-15-2017 at 09:35 PM.

Would have been nice to know that majority of the reason you get picked for the COSTUME top 10 is based on your surroundings and pose, not the costume itself. "Ooh look at this, the sun is so pretty!" "The fire really makes the costume!" Well the sun and the fire is not sold with the costume so yeah.

Also would have been nice to know that the top 10 was going to be hand picked by Yaviey and not the community.

Many people would have altered the view, pose, race and design if we knew the above.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 09-15-2017 at 09:42 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Gratz all winners and to Kiwi for her Silver Tier i know she's going to pass onto me

Think my token entry is somewhere on the list, just let me scroll down a few....hmm, past the 300 mark, no sign yet......

Btw, how the winners will get their prizes?) Shall we check our mail or just wait in game? First time i won in such contest and do not close know awarding sistem.
    Last edited by Narsiro; 09-16-2017 at 01:06 AM.

Grats to the top ten. I was surprised to find me among the top ten, and happy to see some of my favourites chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    the veteran piece of the winner is an interesting choice since it covers shoulders, chest hands legs and feet as one piece that we all already have access to from summoning the rep vendor/is a legacy style item that could also be considered an achievement item (I am uncertain if it is still attainable.)
    I feel this choice strange.
    I have these veteran pieces, and if I remember correctly, they were rewards for subscription time before the game went FTP. So not available anymore.
    So this means you will give a legacy exclusive piece to everyone who wants it. As an old player from Vanilla I don't think it is a wise choice. Gives bad feeling.
    I you think old rep /old achievements things are not ok, this should not be.

And it is a unique piece, not a set, so you can't use it in any wardrobe composition.
    I submited a bug report for this piece, because it doesn't dye correctly, you can't dye it with light colors.

The entry is beautiful, but I feel the choice of this for a new wardrobe in shop is bad. Maybe you should put Fibes'set instead. More interesting pieces, and nothing exclusive.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 09-16-2017 at 12:47 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Telaran

well sorry but i wont bother with this again as predicted a waste of time didnt even see the one that won or who was in top ten

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspider View Post
    well sorry but i wont bother with this again as predicted a waste of time didnt even see the one that won or who was in top ten
    So .... just go watch the recording of the livestream?

They may be putting up a text post later

The winning wardrobe was just 3 pieces, a helmet, wings, and a chestpiece that has attached shoulders/gloves/boots, so not much work put into composition needed. And that chestpiece doesn't even take dyes that well. This makes us think that the contest really was more about the screenshot itself.

If the top 10 was about clever composition etc, maybe the judges should have been people who know the wardrobe system better and who are familiar with all the pieces.

In the end this contest seemed very rushed and inofficial, and very slim on the guidelines.
    Trion supporting one of Discordyas contests would have been a better choice I think. The fact that Yaviey didn't even know about Discordya was sad, in such a small community as this is.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mordhreim View Post
    The winning wardrobe was just 3 pieces, a helmet, wings, and a chestpiece that has attached shoulders/gloves/boots, so not much work put into composition needed. And that chestpiece doesn't even take dyes that well. This makes us think that the contest really was more about the screenshot itself.

If the top 10 was about clever composition etc, maybe the judges should have been people who know the wardrobe system better and who are familiar with all the pieces.

In the end this contest seemed very rushed and inofficial, and very slim on the guidelines.
    Trion supporting one of Discordyas contests would have been a better choice I think. The fact that Yaviey didn't even know about Discordya was sad, in such a small community as this is.
    well i also dont know who Discordya is and also i had no idea that composition was being judged its said peaces of armor put together to finish a look nothing about fancy mounts or background being a factor i guess it never changes only the select few get ahead always been the same and soon all the negative comments will be deleted and topic closed as this is what they do every time people are upset with something

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspider View Post
    well i also dont know who Discordya is and also i had no idea that composition was being judged its said peaces of armor put together to finish a look nothing about fancy mounts or background being a factor i guess it never changes only the select few get ahead always been the same and soon all the negative comments will be deleted and topic closed as this is what they do every time people are upset with something
    When I said composition, I meant armor combination, not photographic composition. Maybe I used the wrong word.

I don't think this is about the select few, lets not get conspiratorial. My post was meant as feedback for future contests, not simply negativity.

Champion

hmmm, I thought I had been entering a wardrobe contest, not a pretty screenshot contest. Turns out it was the latter apparently? because the 10 minutes I watched of the stream was really all about discussing how nice the screenshots looked rather than the actual wardrobes :/ would've been nice if it were indicated in the first post that screenshots would be the primary deciding factor, i would've made a better effort to get a ~pretty look rather than just showing off a wardrobe I thought was nice.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast