+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: You asked and Scott answered!

Default You asked and Scott answered!

We took some question you guys & gals had and handed them over to development (Scott Hartsman) We plan to do this more often! Enjoy and I hope this helps clear thins up

• In addition to picking classes, will there be any skill based advancement within or between classes? How will multiclassing work?
    o We’re really happy there’s a lot of interest in how classes are going to work in Rift – Expect more details on individual classes and the system as a whole in the coming weeks and months. - Scott

• If there's a Vigil, which represents the five life elements, then are there rival gods?
    o The Telaran pantheon is rich and complex.
    For now we're focused on telling the story of the Vigil, their battles, and their path of raising a new army of divine warriors – their avenging angels, if you will -- that are the Guardians.
    As for other gods that may have survived the Shade, the time to tell their stories will come...assuming they exist at all. - Scott

• Will there be a Role-Playing server? (comment spun from this questions, “The Scott Hartsman that I know and love used to (hmmm... maybe still does?) play on a RP server in EQ2, and I know that he really respects the RP community, so I think he'll make sure there's a RP server.”)
    o We will be talking about server rulesets/labels later on – Having different server rulesets/labels is something that we absolutely agree is important . MMOs are always better when you can get a hint as to where to find likeminded people to meet and adventure with. - Scott

• Do the Guardians feel a bit bland at the moment?
    • How extreme are the Guardians?
    o They’re a lot more extreme than the first info is really revealing. We’re working on an update to their background right now, that will explain this a little more clearly. - Scott

• I am just wondering now if there are faction specific races like WoW, or if any race and class combination can choose it's faction?
    o The races are indeed faction-specific – As the Races page says: “Races also belong to one of two opposing factions, either Guardian or Defiant.”
    That might need some clearing up, but that does mean that each race will belong to one or the other. - Scott

• I’ve been wondering though , will there be different classes for different races like they have in some other MMO's?
    o (same as above re: classes – More info coming out over time) - Scott

• The storyline has Bahmi as a rare race. How can that be kept true during the course of the game?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...keep-them-rare...
    o The original post looks like a misinterpretation of the Races page (they aren’t ever described as a rare race), and the poster in msg #6 explains it pretty well.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ull=1#post2317

• Do the elves have a racial enemy? And if so, can I play one?
    o The High Elves have many playable factional enemies, but their racial enemies are more terrestrial in nature.
    You’ll find those stories detailed in certain locations of Telara where the territories of the high elves and the goblins intersect - Scott

Also when Scott isn't crazy busy with the game, he's agreed to be an active user on our Forums!

Woah brilliant, thanks for bringing us that jives and thanks to Scott for sparing us the time! Looking forward to more info like this!
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

I know that I'm not the only one thirsty for any and all new info, so thanks for this--it was an interesting read

“They say you are to be the greatest hero in a past I’ll never know. Learn this, and it shall be so:
    Let the only fear you ever know be the fear you inspire in your foes.
    If you can do that in your heart, glory will follow you.”

Thanks Jives ... great stuff!

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

Thumbs up

Definitely appreciate the clarifications, thanks so much.

A wiki is only as good as its contributors – won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

Telaran

Awesome Jives ~ now to find out what we can bribe you with to get more info.... its is Pie or Cake?

Thanks! Can see Scott is a bit restricted as to what he can talk about at this stage still any info is welcome.

Dear Scott,

I would like to know if there will be any proximity between goblins, potatoes, fuzzy kittens, and gambling games in Rift. I'm sure SoE wouldn't miss them.

Maybe Rift goblins can like onions and puppies, and we'll all play texas hold 'em while waiting for the boat.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I don’t know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don’t want to answer.

Looks like when I asked Chris in that other thread earlier if we'd be getting more information in 15 minutes or a month... it was actually... 15 minutes... that's... pretty cool.

Thanks for gathering the questions Jives and thanks for answering them Scott. There's a billion and one floating around here and I'm looking forward to more of these updates in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by noah View Post
    awesome jives ~ now to find out what we can bribe you with to get more info.... Its is pie or cake?

cupcakes ;)

This... is... gold!
    Thank you Jives.

Quote Originally Posted by jives View Post
    • Do the elves have a racial enemy? And if so, can I play one?
    o The High Elves have many playable factional enemies, but their racial enemies are more terrestrial in nature.
    You’ll find those stories detailed in certain locations of Telara where the territories of the high elves and the goblins intersect - Scott
    So basically Goblins are their racial enemy?
    Warp

Thank you for clearing up my confusion about the Bahmi!

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info Jives...good to see you are keeping in touch with the dev team and of all people Scotty...If you dont mind throwing him a question about the Death Penalty idea in the suggestion boards, Fozz and I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jives View Post
    • Will there be a Role-Playing server? (comment spun from this questions, “The Scott Hartsman that I know and love used to (hmmm... maybe still does?) play on a RP server in EQ2, and I know that he really respects the RP community, so I think he'll make sure there's a RP server.”)
    o We will be talking about server rulesets/labels later on – Having different server rulesets/labels is something that we absolutely agree is important . MMOs are always better when you can get a hint as to where to find likeminded people to meet and adventure with. - Scott
    Oh damn... Hope he isn't mad at me for outing him as a RPer!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast