+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Community Manager Jennifer "Yaviey" Bridges

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    This is literally the best thing I've ever seen in my entire life and I LOVE it!!! <3 <3 <3
    Looks like that image is the cover of a book named 'The Corgi Chronicles'! I found it on Amazon while searching up the artist, because art deserves to carry the name of it's creater (who btw is know as Sandara).

Read books much Yaviey?

Wink

You like cats?

Hmm I like you already xD

Ascendant

G'day Yaviey and welcome to Telara, thanks also for joining us on Rift MMORPG community Discord.

I look forward to reading your article on the loot box revamp as this is something that I have hoped for, for the longest time in some shape or form and I recommend Primalist calling since its just received 4 new souls and will be different from anything you've ever played as well as interesting on livestream especially for those who have never played Rift - you also get primal avatars (spirit animals.)

All the best with learning the Rift ropes and introducing your own approaches to Telara and the community

#typonesemaster
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-18-2017 at 07:09 AM.
    <a href=https://twitter.com/wootafk target=_blank>https://twitter.com/wootafk</a>

Welcome Jennifer! Yaviey....Yennifer....I'll get it right eventually...

For those Lets Plays you're talking about, will you be using the Trion Worlds account or do you have a separate one you'll be doing this on? (We can't follow you if we don't know your account.)

Also, how would you prefer to be communicated with? Via forums? Discord? Twitter? Ouja board? Carrier Pigeon? Trion email (I think it "should" be jbridges@trionworlds.com)?

==============

On a more serious note, since it's in your avatar I think it might be time to start petitioning for a corgi mount again.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Welcome! Are you situated in the Trion offices permanently or are you CMing from home?

Please be ready to bug Keyens continuously for "we're working on it" confirmations. It's what we've been needing for a while.

Thanks, and goodluck. And try not to confuse toxicity with passion!

Fwob.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Default Let's Play Ideas

Hello and welcome.

I absolutely love the idea of livestreaming your re-entry to Telara and journey into the Planes and the Cosmos of Rift! I have often toyed with the idea of streaming "how to play Rift" or more accurately "the many ways to play Rift". Here are some thoughts.

Introductory to the factions - The two opening story lines are FANTASTIC!!! Both tell the exact same story with a slight slant. Both are quite evocative. I'm a Guardian at heart, but when Asha falls to Regulos while allowing my Defiant to return to the past to save the world.. well, I don't get teary eyed at cut scenes. I think someone might have been cutting onions. Show the depth of both stories.

More Story Bits - Throughout the game there are numerous recurring characters, even aside from the heavy hitters like Orphiel and Cyril. The interesting challenges of Kira and Uriel on the Defiant side and the growth of young Scotty Malm on the Guardian side are nice touches.

Instant Adventure - While I prefer to go through the entire story, the IAs offer quick tidbits of story, nice flashes of the beautiful places within the game, and constant, fun combat. This playstyle option deserves some attention.

Soul Trees and Roles - The presets are very cool. With 76 points, 10 Souls to choose from, talent trees and powers in the "roots" and masteries and Legendary powers - it's very easy to get overwhelmed. Give a little bit of attention to learning what interesting things to look for and how one can start dabbling. Dorky confession - It was a year or more before I realized, remembered that the choice of the Soul itself gave bonuses (for example, a bonus to SP for every point spend in the soul).

Ranged / Melee - Try both out. Show both. I think most folks have a preference but it's fun to see how different (yet still exciting) the "other/wrong" one can be.

In-game Tools - There are many things the game does to help game play. First off, the Edit Layout options. WOW!!! Also, many folks get lost in some of the tools. /Help shows sooooo many different options that it's easy to overlook helpful things. /Setwaypoint is in there but I had no clue what it meant and just ignored it until someone explained that option. Also, all the quick keys - and the ability to re-bind them. All these options can make game play easier for many folks if they learn not only that options are available to them, but how to find one or two - or know that it's ok to not know something.

Ok. That's enough for now. If I think of more things, I'll try to add them. As for what you should play - of course it's High Elf Mage. There are way too many of us, but there's a reason for that.

Whatever you do, enjoy!

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #37

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    *waves*

Greetings, and welcome to Rift! Try not to feel overwhelmed, even though initially it will very much feel like you're drinking from the fire hose.

And should you have questions, Telaran Directory Assistance (aka Raelskye@Faeblight) is often available in the /4 chat on the NA servers.
    You are soooo nice! Thank you, Samuraiko!

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Welcome Yaviey!

It's great to finally have a Rift CM again, it's crazy to even think of the amount of work and pressure that Brasse has to deal with working on multiple games at once, so you joining the game and the community is awesome news.

Personally I think it's also great that you're starting over as a Rift player. Going all the way from the start to the endgame will allow you to see and experience the game from all kinds of perspectives, which is so important in understanding the reasons behind any feedback, whoever it comes from and whatever the issues may be.

It's exciting to have you on board with us! Best of luck, and welcome to Telara

P.S. Defiants > Guardians
    Thank you, Laeti! Brasse definitely had a lot on her shoulders and in talking with her, she really wanted to make sure RIFT had more support. So I will do the very best I can!

I know I've been a little quiet so far (from a front-facing perspective) but I do promise that behind the scenes I am doing as much as I can to to help support the launch of 4.2: Celestial Storm, including assisting some press tours, writing blogs, creating some graphics, writing social copy, etc.

Then, once we get launched I have a pretty long to do list of stuff I want to do both for and with the community including some more live streams, contests, working with some fan sites/content creators, and other cool stuff. Plus of course, getting to play the game more and getting to experience leveling up from the beginning and getting into end-game. As you mentioned, I hope this will help me better understand where players are coming from first-hand and help work with the dev team to explore ways we can tackle some of the issues, as well as highlight the really good parts.

Regarding your comment of Defiant vs. Guardian, I am genuinely curious why you like Defiants! Previously, I've only ever played on the Guardian side so I'd love to know more about the other side.

Thank you for your support and the warm welcome!

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #39

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Please no dwarf! Kelari or high elf! Rogue is my favorite class in any game typically, if your looking for a ranged caster type every class has something to offer. High elf has the best racial ability for artifacting imo. Good luck and dont skip Iron Pine Peaks!
    Haha I do prefer High Elves generally although I am interested in learning more about the Defiant side. Thank you for the welcome, Poshy!

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #40

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Sorry I missed the stream they introduced you on. Welcome dear hope you enjoy being here.
    No worries! Thank you so much for the welcome, Kitasia!

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    Welcome to the ... jungle, which in its current state will need lots of good stuff before anyone can forget about the spills that left so many holes...

I truly hope, like many do, that we'll see a less destructive direction for the game. Lots of work to do on getting reacquainted with the game. Since I can't play as much as I used to right now, I won't give you 'advice' as to what to play, surely there will be lots of people giving their opinions.

Most importantly: enjoy the game!

Hey Faerugue,

I totally understand your trepidation and I'm sorry you feel the way that you do about the current state of the game.

I know that having spoken at length with Brasse and the devs that everyone on this side of the fence is and has been doing their best but we do certainly have some hurdles that we still need to overcome. So we'll be working together on that.

So far, everyone has given some great advice on what to play and the most important part - to have fun with it.

Hey Faerugue,

I totally understand your trepidation and I'm sorry you feel the way that you do about the current state of the game.

I know that having spoken at length with Brasse and the devs that everyone on this side of the fence is and has been doing their best but we do certainly have some hurdles that we still need to overcome. So we'll be working together on that.

So far, everyone has given some great advice on what to play and the most important part - to have fun with it.
    You can quote multiple people at once! And save all of the separate posts, just click the button (highlighted below) on the posts you want to reply to, then on the final posts click "reply with quote" and it will bring up all of the quotes you previously clicked

It also saves spamming the Dev Tracker/Whats new section!
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Releasing T2 gear on the store today simply is not going to happen. Right now, that is the best gear in the game that you can earn. I'm not going to go against my very own definition of pay to win.

Haha I do prefer High Elves generally although I am interested in learning more about the Defiant side. Thank you for the welcome, Poshy!
    definitely the most votes for rogue! just team up with dead simon , I know he is a rogue at heart, i leveled as a ranger most of the way my first time through. My second rogue was alot of fun to level as an assassin. Keep an eye on keyens, if you ever hear him say nightblade quickly distract him with primalist feedback or beer.

Default Welcome Yaviey

So very nice to meet you. I too share your fondness for Classic RIFT. I hope your enthusiasm for Classic RIFT lends hope to perhaps even a shred of RIFT's former glory, reappearing.

As what to play, rogue is currently an excellent class, some of the highest DPS, good healer and excellent solo specs, none of which are too difficult to master. As for race. I have a preference to Kelari with High Elf colouring.
    Last edited by Zyanya; 07-19-2017 at 06:22 PM.
    Excusing and tolerating disrespect guarantees it will continue.

Nooo too many rogues already ... this is not the class you were looking for /handwave

Oddly no one said primalist ;)
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast