+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Slipmat
  • 1 Post By BlytheElf
  • 3 Post By Tacitus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTSTREAMS 07/07/17: 11:30 AM & 3:30 PM!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default RIFTSTREAMS 07/07/17: 11:30 AM & 3:30 PM!

TWO streams this Friday! Prophecy of Ahnket 4.2: Celestial Storm launches next week. The update is already on PTS and the team is hard at work on polish. Time to sit down with Archonix, DeadSimon and Keyens for a chat! Then we'll follow the RIFT art team as they talk about how they built Vostigar Peaks!

Brasse is rounding up the troops to answer your questions and show you a bit more of Vostigar Peaks and all the cool stuff going on there. What diabolical plans does DeadSimon have? Keyens will update us on the new Primalist Souls that you're about to enjoy (as well as taking a few class balance questions), and Archonix... well, he's coming to answer all the hard questions! 11:30 AM PDT.
    PLEASE POST YOUR CELESTIAL STORM QUESTIONS HERE!

Later on Friday, members of the RIFT art team will take you through how they built Vostigar Peaks - one of the most beautiful and varied overland zones we've seen to date. What a great way to round out the lands of the Comet! Join us to feast your eyes and illuminate your experience when you travel through Vostigar yourself next week! 3:30 PM PDT.
    QUESTIONS FOR THE ART DUDES? POST THEM HERE, TOO!

RIFT LIVESTREAM
    Friday, July 14, 2017

11:30 AM PDT: Celestial Storm Pre-Launch Dev Q&A
    3:30 PM PDT: RIFT Art Team - Vostigar Peaks Creation

www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
    We will simulcast on RIFT Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, but remember that to get in on the prize giveaways, you need to be in our Twitch channel!

Simon........you know my question.

Can we expect to see any more appearances from Aia in this zone and upcoming dungeons/raids?
    Will there be any new guild quests or changes this patch?
    What might there be in terms of dimension items? I'm hoping to see more Crucian and Ahnket pieces, maybe some of those shiny black and blue rocks.

For the art dudes! What sorts of areas in the real world inspired the landscape of Vostigar? The orange-y terrain is gorgeous.
    Clemmykins Variety streamer, Twitch affiliate and Trion Creator content for Rift, Trove, and whatever Trion art comes out of the brain <3 Come hang out!
    https://www.twitch.tv/clemmykins
    https://twitter.com/ClemmykinsNZ

Livestream questions for VP since I can't attend them anymore:
    1. For the Celestial IA's, will they get a more adequate level of XP so they're worthwhile for alts? (Including the fire and life PAAs)
    2. For the Celestial IA's, will the boss loot boxes be increased or PAA clones?
    3. Will any changes/additions for fragments come out, including fragment drops in raid rifts and/or the craftable fragment boxes?
    4. So, we have a name for the new raid that's supposed to be coming in 4.3-4.4ish?
    5. IDK what else to ask at this point. Running around the zone and doing things on PTS clues you into a bunch of stuff already.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Will we eventually see the Comet in the skies over Telara as it gets closer and see it from all zones?

Can we expect an advance raiding force of Ahnket's army to swarm the lowbie zones, give them a taste of end game and encourage them to stay playing.

I wish I could come up with smarter questions than this.

For the art dudes:
    - What inspired the current iteration of the Storm Legion equipment and aesthetics? Some of it appears to have evolved.
    - Lore before art, or art before lore?
    - Which part of this expansion did you like working on most?
    - Pretty sure this has been asked before; how do you decide what art direction to take for a zone, and specific factions/groups/bosses?
    - How many times has VP been redesigned? ;)
    - Paper or digital?
    - Did (or do) you ever hide easter eggs in the Rift art assets?
    - Any cool things you can tell us about the bosses in the new raid?

Bonus question: Any chance of getting the occasional trickle of concept art for rift.pictures? I love scoops, but I'll also settle for recently released content ;)

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

Art question!

Are new zone assets/items chosen for dimensions as they're made...or how do you decide which of the new flora, for example, to offer us to use? (the new zone looks SO beautiful I'm hoping for lots to use! lol)

(follow-up: when can we hope to see some of the new zone goodies offered for dimensions?)

thanks!
    Last edited by BlytheElf; 07-14-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    Dims by Blythe@FB: Heat Miser & Snow Miser - Margaritaville - Winter's Garden - RP Rustic Pub - Weekend Log Cabin - Brasse Beards 'n Ale - Starry, Kelari Sands

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlytheElf View Post
    Art question!
    Oddly enough, those are mostly design questions.

Are new zone assets/items chosen for dimensions as they're made...or how do you decide which of the new flora, for example, to offer us to use? (the new zone looks SO beautiful I'm hoping for lots to use! lol)
    Art makes what art needs for general purposes. I then pillage through the assets that they have made to repurpose them for dimension use.

Sometimes I make special art requests.

And there is SO much that was made for the new zone - I will need a bit to get through it all. But yes, the new zone is gorgeous!

(follow-up: when can we hope to see some of the new zone goodies offered for dimensions?)
    Some items should show up in the next PTS update AFTER today, with luck. But the initial list is small (but AWESOME!). More should follow quickly.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Oddly enough, those are mostly design questions.

Art makes what art needs for general purposes. I then pillage through the assets that they have made to repurpose them for dimension use.

Sometimes I make special art requests.

And there is SO much that was made for the new zone - I will need a bit to get through it all. But yes, the new zone is gorgeous!

Some items should show up in the next PTS update AFTER today, with luck. But the initial list is small (but AWESOME!). More should follow quickly.
    Ohhh makes sense! I guess I blur the line between Art/Design

Super excited to see the new stuff, even if its only a small list to start with! You are our pillaging hero!
    Dims by Blythe@FB: Heat Miser & Snow Miser - Margaritaville - Winter's Garden - RP Rustic Pub - Weekend Log Cabin - Brasse Beards 'n Ale - Starry, Kelari Sands

Default ...

I know the comet is your creation, but i was wondering how we can be a part of it and not only consumers... if there's a possibility to host another Concept Art contest (for weapons or wardrobes or anything basically)?
    Last edited by Rakuda88; 07-15-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: (one of my questions wasn't intended for this topic, but the other one)
    [believe "things" can still be saved with the power of communication and common sense]

+ Reply to Thread