+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.2 CELESTIAL STORM: July 19

Rift Master

A quick thing I could think of to do would be to give all purchasers before free to play a reward on the store. Its a box with some goodies (random wardrobes, vials etc) and a special mount token. You can take this token to the bogling in TB and swap it for a rare mount of your choice. Job done

As Brasse is aware I have asked a few times with regards to updates on fragments. I feared this was the case but I am still quite sad and a little disapointed that the fragment update is not coming in 4.2. It's such a big feature of the game now and puts so many people off with how depressing it is. I just wish this was more of a priority.

Anyway I have some quick points/queries with regards to the upcoming patch:
    • Raid Rifts:
      • Will these be open world as usual or instanced?
      • Will they be 10 or 20 man
      • Will they have normal loot rules or operate with personal loot and charges
      • They are T1 I assume or easier/harder?
      New Zone:
      • Archonix mentioned this will have lots of dynamic content and will feel somewhat like the old earth rift stuff in shimmersand. Is this still the aim?
      • Will it be bigger than the current land mass on the map?
      • Will there be lots o activities to do?
      • Will craft rifts be openable in this zone
      • Will there be fun factions with interesting rep rewards? (mounts, funny trinkets, wardrobe, perhaps interesting recipes etc)
      • Will Crucia finally go away after this
      Instant Adventure:
      • Is this a new adventure or will it be a continuation of the Planar assault theme with new planar types and more rifts added?
      • Will xp for PA adventures be tuned up slightly
      Guild Features:
      • Will there be any guild features added? I see no mention sadly. The guild system could really do with some upgrading. New functionality such as:
        • in game calandar to make and sign up for events
        • tracking of members (join date, proffs etc),
        • Perks updated (planar protection is still level 50 values for instance).
        • New levels and rewards
        • Questing updates
        • etc
    Finaly, will this be going up on the PTS before launch so we can have a poke around?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    There is no new PvP content coming with 4.2

/10char

Folks, the people who bought POA early already received cool stuff that the new free players will not get: the Ethereal Drake mount, Level 65 boost, Asha Catari's Raiment, Ring of Ahnket portrait Frame, the title Starlord/Starlady, and, if they bought earlier, Opie the Artifact-Hunting Squirrel mount, Sack of Infinite Void and Tenebrean Mystery Box.
    I paid for a change in how the game would be managed. I paid for a promise of future quality content. I didn't pay for the cosmetics.
    Irlowe@Deepwood Iirlowe@Deepwood Urlowe@Deepwood Primalowe@Deepwood Rlowe@Deepwood
    <Halcyon>

Folks, the people who bought POA early already received cool stuff that the new free players will not get: the Ethereal Drake mount, Level 65 boost, Asha Catari's Raiment, Ring of Ahnket portrait Frame, the title Starlord/Starlady, and, if they bought earlier, Opie the Artifact-Hunting Squirrel mount, Sack of Infinite Void and Tenebrean Mystery Box.
    A lot of people paid under the (mistaken) impression that due to the expac being B2P, the game itself would become less P2Win and nickel and dimey. Instead, with this expansion we got:

-A questline for the best weapon in the game that features a soft paywall (Wicket will take twice as long to level up unless you fork over cash)

-Planar fragments that are so RNG that you need to grind plat endlessly to level up or sell rex for plat in order to make it less bankbreaking. Lockboxes that you have to buy in order to get decent frags and are still too RNG and aren't guaranteed to be for your class.

-Tenebrean engines that are so rare that you have to fork over cash to buy rewards charges to gamble for. A raid used to be guaranteed upgrade components for killing bosses, no more, now you have to pay for it.

-Five different gear types in the current raid. the best of which is far too rare in dropping, that also require tenebrean engines in order to upgrade. RNG that can only be alleviated through buying charges.

-The notion of individual rewards charges, period. You made gear so incredibly rare, and upgrades to that gear so rare that people are forced to pay for charge boxes if they want to keep up and be competitive

-Giving nonpatrons a measly 2 individual rewards charges a week, whereas patrons only get 10 which is still insufficient given the RNG we're dealing with. Players have to be patrons as well as buy rewards charges in order to keep up.

This game has gotten even MORE expensive to play after the expansion, which was the opposite of what was promised. I didn't pay for a wardrobe I'd never wear or a mount I only use occasionally. I paid for the game to be less predatory and whale-hunting. It didn't turn out that way.

So excited, so excited, so excited

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
    A lot of people paid under the (mistaken) impression that due to the expac being B2P, the game itself would become less P2Win and nickel and dimey. Instead, with this expansion we got:

-A questline for the best weapon in the game that features a soft paywall (Wicket will take twice as long to level up unless you fork over cash)

-Planar fragments that are so RNG that you need to grind plat endlessly to level up or sell rex for plat in order to make it less bankbreaking. Lockboxes that you have to buy in order to get decent frags and are still too RNG and aren't guaranteed to be for your class.

-Tenebrean engines that are so rare that you have to fork over cash to buy rewards charges to gamble for. A raid used to be guaranteed upgrade components for killing bosses, no more, now you have to pay for it.

-Five different gear types in the current raid. the best of which is far too rare in dropping, that also require tenebrean engines in order to upgrade. RNG that can only be alleviated through buying charges.

-The notion of individual rewards charges, period. You made gear so incredibly rare, and upgrades to that gear so rare that people are forced to pay for charge boxes if they want to keep up and be competitive

-Giving nonpatrons a measly 2 individual rewards charges a week, whereas patrons only get 10 which is still insufficient given the RNG we're dealing with. Players have to be patrons as well as buy rewards charges in order to keep up.

This game has gotten even MORE expensive to play after the expansion, which was the opposite of what was promised. I didn't pay for a wardrobe I'd never wear or a mount I only use occasionally. I paid for the game to be less predatory and whale-hunting. It didn't turn out that way.
    I agree with this post, quite a few design changes are really questionable...

Rift Disciple

I bought Prophecy of Ahnket and itīs "old" content for me now. Now it will be free to play. That is ok. But there is another problem:

Please submit a ticket via support.trionworlds.com and they'll be happy to help!

We thank all for supporting the ongoing health and development of RIFT!
    Brasse
    I wrote a ticket (german support) 5 days ago, because I canīt add a payment method.
    My husband already bought an offer package for me and sent it as gift to me before your offer ends.
    Topically I canīt purchase anything because your system does not give me a button to memorise the payment method.

I have also a request: There was a Hotfix-Earth Bundle 2016. I lost the Dimensionitems because of a bug.
    It was not possible to restore the Items. The reason of the bug was not localized and the cusomer support was not sure, whether I simply had sold the Items.

I request a purchase funktion for former bought Items. Make them soulbound. I really miss these cute animals
    Last edited by Maelya; 07-02-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I could see 5.0
    I admire your optimism
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

Shadowlander

40 TD runs X 4 bosses X 3 loot chances per boss with Chargers. 480 drop chances plus the occasional 4th roll.

11 Gear drops 3 Repeat drops out of that.
    469 Shards with only 25% being usable to the character being played and only 1 being remotely decent.

This is quickly becoming boring, I can understand a grind but I refuse to pay more than Patron and what Cosmetics that grab my attention. So a new patch that adds another raid I can't participate in because I'm still trying to grind past TD and I play at a time where drunk Aussies are raiding..... I'm not excited at all.
    Last edited by Aura; 07-03-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Plane Walker

I hope we get more planar attunement. been ages since ive been maxed out ..... get bored doing other things that don't expand my planar attunement. lots and lots of wasted exp doing dailies while @ lvl 70.

Rift Disciple

^^ What Rivkah said. ^^

Well, except one minor detail: The game has gotten a lot cheaper for me. As in, I haven't paid Trion a dime this year, and will not pay any money in future unless and until the issues described above - i.e., horrendously bad RNG for gear and upgrades "forcing" IRC consumption (or not!) - are addressed in some reasonable way. I used to spend $50-100/yr on Rift. I like(d?) Rift, and would love to support the game financially, but I won't support the current model.

Ascendant

There is no new PvP content coming with 4.2 - you'll just have to keep killing me the old way.
    I'm fairly sure that Sheo was not asking about new content for PvP. Rather, what Sheo and the majority of the PvP community are expecting is maintenance.

Fortunately for Trion, the PvP community has already:
    - identified the outlier souls that require moderate adjustments, and have offered valid suggestions for those souls that require a little more attention;
    - pointed out the need for a global damage reduction (20% or so) and a global healing reduction (15% or so) to correct the current TTK issues;
    - identified several PvE items that have not been bolstered properly;
    - provided several workable solutions for improving the quality and quantity of PvP Frag drops
    - identified several bugs that adversely effect PvP balance and play.

Trio has at its disposal a passionate PvP community that constantly and consistently provides quality feedback and suggestions. While many of us would appreciate new content (warfronts, OW PvP quests, etc) every now and then, the reality of PvP is that the players are the content.

The best way to increase content for PvP is to put in the necessary maintenance to keep more souls PvP-viable and make the necessary corrections to the broken abilities and outlier souls.

I do hope that Trion is at least able to give us this much for 4.2.

There is no new PvP content coming with 4.2 - you'll just have to keep killing me the old way.
    I'm really puzzled why the dev team feels it's ok to keep blowing off the PvP community like this. It has been literally over half a year at least since PvPers saw any new warfronts. Meanwhile, the only large scale PvP in the game was removed entirely (CQ).

PvP provides a solid backbone for games that choose to cultivate it. LoL, WoW, and other games are very financially successful because the developers have chosen to make PvP an important element of the game and are responsive to the needs of the playerbase that participates in the activity. Creating a healthy PvP environment adds a competitive aspect to the game that allows for infinite replayability and adds attractiveness for things such as Twitch streamers and ad hoc tournaments (I notice never seeing tourneys of Rift taking place at any of the gaming conventions I go to, and it would be nice if that changed).

By choosing to completely ignore, disregard and disrespect PvPers, you are cutting off a huge swathe of players who would be willing to try your game, and driving away players who have run out of patience. You would be well served in reconsidering your approach to the PvP community as a whole. Human beings don't like being ignored (or made to feel like they are), so it's no wonder that subsection of the forums seems upset.
    Last edited by Rivkah; 07-05-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Plane Walker

of the 5 level 70's I kept ( I deleted a ton of other toons on other servers because it was just a waste I guess) I spent more time doing pvp and enjoying pvp (despite all the recent disconnects and debuffs due to those disconnects) would love to see the pvp fixed up right as mentioned before theres a ton of people with a lot of great ideas to fix it. all my friends left rift because the pvp got dull and boring and there wasn't any tournaments, no steps forward, always issues with things not working right in pvp , very lacklustre amount of warfronts, long waits for getting into the old conquest ( which I miss the most along with port scion.... minus the wait times of course).

I think many would agree. the customer is always right.

most, if not all these issues have been around TOO LONG

when you're in the middle of a warfront and 3-4 people from your group disconnect at the same time. (different servers , not premade ) more than 2-3 times in a match something is clearly wrong, there needs to be some maintenance on these issues.

Soulwalker

Folks, the people who bought POA early already received cool stuff that the new free players will not get: /snipped stuff for length/ and, if they bought earlier, Opie the Artifact-Hunting Squirrel mount, Sack of Infinite Void and Tenebrean Mystery Box.
    Yeah, unfortunately that's not super accurate. Some of us bought early and then had our tickets removed unexpectedly so that we were unable to redeem them for any of the extras. I'd been saving up my tickets until they stopped accruing so that I could decide how I wanted to allocate them over my alts (did I have enough to get Opie for the three toons I play most? If not, then everyone would get a new bag), and when I went to spend them, they were gone.

The removal of special currency from the game should be indicated either in a MotD or a news block on the launcher (where there seems to be plenty of room for announcements when they involve things Trion wants me to pay them money for); I shouldn't have to follow the forums to find out about it. Why would I assume that a perk I paid for would be removed?

I didn't mind paying for the expac, even though it's now free. I didn't even mind paying early to get some in-game perks. But I resent when those perks—and, as a result, my trust in Trion— are stolen from me.

I won't be paying early in future, no matter what they promise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast