+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 2 Post By Dovahkhinz
  • 1 Post By Sing

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTSTREAM: 11:30 AM PDT, June 9 - Primal Urges!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default RIFTSTREAM: 11:30 AM PDT, June 9 - Primal Urges!

RIFT LIVESTREAM
    Friday, June 9, 2017, 11:30 AM PDT
    twitch.tv/trionworlds
    We will simulcast on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube!

Mystic went live on the Public Test Shard this week! This is the final Primalist Soul to be made available for testing, along with Farseer, Predator and Primal Lord, prepping for PRIME TIME with Update 4.2!

Keyens will be on stream to chat about the ongoing evolution of the final four Primalist souls, which will be released with Update 4.2 this summer.

These souls will be granted FREE to anyone who has purchased the Primalist calling, either as part of the "Primalist Calling Pack" (available on the RIFT in-game store), the "Ascended Essentials Pack" (in our web store) or in conjunction with the previously offered "Wilds Pack" (now out of circulation).

If you aren't familiar with these new Primalist souls yet, or if you want to ask Keyens questions about Primalists in general, tune in on Friday at 11:30 AM PDT! You can post questions to this thread, or tweet them to us @RIFTgame.

See you there!
    Brasse

Question

Hello, this is my first time posting on the forums so apologizes in advance for any format issues, etc. Being a main Primalist since release I have a few questions:

1.- Why would you bring a Mystic over other supports?

2.- What truly makes Mystic unique? For example Bards have excellent healing.

3.-Is Mystic going to receive any sort of ability that could make it mobile for a small amount of time? Because at the moment Mystic has no instant abilities.

4.- Are any changes planned for Legendary Molten Wave?

5.- Will 31 Dervish ever be a competitive DPS spec again? (I miss spinning)

6.- Is Primal Lord going to receive any sort of defensive abilities? Based on the fact that it is 100% melee and it's highly likely it's just going to get annihilated in PVP without any sort of defense.

7.- Lastly, (not to be taken seriously) Is Uplift really going to stay as the Mystic's big damage cooldown name? Other callings have such amazing names for their big damage cooldown like "Orchestra of the Planes", "Defend the Fallen", and "Command to Attack", while "Uplift" just sounds a bit lame compared, while it could be named something like "Wrath of the Wilds".

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

If you aren't familiar with these new Primalist souls yet, or if you want to ask Keyens questions about Primalists in general, tune in on Friday at 11:30 AM PDT!
    Familiar with Primalist? Heck they chased me out of PVP.

Soulwalker

1) Are there plans to address the dependency that Maelstrom has, when it comes to Molten Wave?

2 ) Is it intended that as a Primalist Healer, using both healing souls, you're able to snag both Battle rezes (in an 18/21 spec)?

3) Currently Farseer abilities are not tagged as either Fury or cunning abilities (as far as I'm aware, since it isn't showing in the tool-tip), which would cause them to not interact with the Primalist Eternal weapon Equip effect. Will it be changed so they have an interaction?

Default Questions for Livestream

In general, besides the Mystic, do you think the new souls are close to being ready for Live?

You mentioned on a previous Livestream that you wanted to look over the other classes support souls while developing the Mystic. Have you done that and can we expect any changes to other support souls?

Now a few soul specific questions.
    Mystic

Is it intended that Aerial Boon (2500 AP/SP, 800 Int, Wis, Str, Dex), Hastening Vigor (Cast time reduction 20%) and Living Armor (1000 resists, 30K armor) all cancel each other out? Meaning you can only have one buff up at a time. If this is the case I can’t see any raid choosing this support over any other under any circumstances.

Uplift and Surging Winds – Uplift increases raid damage by 15% and 2 points spent in Surging Winds is supposed to add 15% damage bonus increase. Does this mean 30% bonus for 40 seconds or does “damage bonus” refer to something else because at this time the buff bar indicates 15% only?

Tailwind & Tailwind Legendary – According to the tooltip Tailwind is a raid buff whereas Tailwind Legendary is a self-buff that stacks twice. Is this intended because it doesn’t feel so legendary to me?

Primal Savagery & Primal Savagery Legendary, both increase damage done by 5% after a “successful finisher”. Primalists have no finishers that I am aware of, is this dependent on Rogues and Warriors if so, really?

Dervish

With two or more Primalists in a party casting Squall or Zephyr (Wind at your back) they adversely affect the original caster. Squall if cast by 2 Primalists: the first is overwritten and original caster loses the 5% crit hit chance. Zephyr with Wind at your back if cast by 2 Primalists: both are ok if they are more than 8m apart, if they get within 8m of each other then move out of range one of them loses the speed bonus. Can we expect fixes for this in the near future?

I know there are more things to bring up, but that’s all I have time for now. I’ll try to get on to ask questions on the live stream but I’m not in the EU so working at the same time.

Thanks
    Last edited by Nuitari; 06-09-2017 at 07:21 AM. Reason: typo

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

GREAT questions, thank you!
    Nuitari, we will have the video of the stream up before you get home from work, I am sure!

Remember that you can also watch the streams live on FB, Twitter and YouTube - many people do so with a handheld device!
    Brasse

Rift Disciple

Will be other payable Souls reworked ?

For Example: Clerics Oracle (payable) is out of business because mages archon (free soul) does more damage and has a 2nd raid buff (lavafield - 10% groupdamage).

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nuitari View Post

Uplift and Surging Winds – Uplift increases raid damage by 15% and 2 points spent in Surging Winds is supposed to add 15% damage bonus increase. Does this mean 30% bonus for 40 seconds or does “damage bonus” refer to something else because at this time the buff bar indicates 15% only?

Primal Savagery & Primal Savagery Legendary, both increase damage done by 5% after a “successful finisher”. Primalists have no finishers that I am aware of, is this dependent on Rogues and Warriors if so, really?

Dervish

With two or more Primalists in a party casting Squall or Zephyr (Wind at your back) they adversely affect the original caster. Squall if cast by 2 Primalists: the first is overwritten and original caster loses the 5% crit hit chance.

Thanks

Uplift is a typo. The base version is 5% and goes up to 15% total if you take the two talents.

"After a finisher" on primal savagery is a bug and will be fixed

Squall is a debuff on the target that benefits everyone who hits it. If one primalist uses it, both get the benefit. It doesn't matter who casts it, or if one overwrites another.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sing View Post
    For Example: Clerics Oracle (payable) is out of business because mages archon (free soul) does more damage and has a 2nd raid buff (lavafield - 10% groupdamage).
    That's not a fair example. Archon is an offensive support, where as Oracle is defensive.
    The question would be: Will Oracle be brought up to the level of bard in terms of healing (about 80% output of 61 warden)?

Also, will archon and beastmaster have their damage output increased to meet the dps requirements of a full damage dealing soul?
    Just to match them up with Mystic, of course.
    Last edited by Jkay; 06-09-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    That's not a fair example. Archon is an offensive support, where as Oracle is defensive.
    The question would be: Will Oracle be brought up to the level of bard in terms of healing (about 80% output of 61 warden)?

Also, will archon and beastmaster have their damage output increased to meet the dps requirements of a full damage dealing soul?
    Just to match them up with Mystic, of course.
    The issue with Offensive vs Defensive support is that there are essentially no encounters where it would be more beneficial to go with an Oracle or even Bard (but more so Oracle). Why bring a 61 bard when you could bring a hybrid and drop a healer for a chon or bm?
    R.I.P.

Rift Disciple

Offensive vs Defensive doesnt matter. I talked about supporting your guild or friends in raids. Give all supports the same buffs and groupbuffs and you will see that bards as well as oracle will be taken. But this is the wrong place to talk about this kind of problems.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

I had to cut off the questions at my last post, but thanks all for tuning in and asking/commenting more in stream!

Here is the video of the stream for anyone who needs to catch up!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EsxpCWFAbs

Brasse

+ Reply to Thread