+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Colossal Crate Weekend!

Hmmm ..

Not fragments.
    Fewer xp/favor/... boost potions (but that's probably just me and other long-term players that take part in every "free stuff" promo you do)
    Fewer consumables (I can make endurance pots myself for cheap)
    Less currency (celestial remnants / tower fragments) (it's useful, but doesn't feel impactful because it goes straight to your currency tab)
    More wardrobe items (how about if this is rolled, guaranteeing an appearance you don't have?)
    More pets. (Though I'd also like alternative/guaranteed ways to get some, like the mech week pets)
    More mounts, besides the chase mount?
    Permanent fluff items from festivals? Like Witch's Serum or Endless Overgrowth Oil
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 06-02-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

Therefore... I'd love to redirect the remainder of this thread to become constructive, with "WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO SEE IN CRATES IN FUTURE." Use of the phrase "slap in the face" is not constructive.
    • More level 70 stuff... but WHAT?
    • More useful stuff... but WHAT?
    Let's get specific, because we are very interested.

;-)#
    matrices, tenebrean engines, 100k planarite vouchers 100k favor vouchers, max healing/crit/buff potion stacks, rare minions, dimension stuff. fluff items that make you big or small or fat or thin or give you crazy hairdoos. a bunch of this stuff should drop if i dont get a mount.

i've havent touched one these things in forever because its not worth it, if i dont get a mount what i get is not worth 1/10 of what i paid.

the problem is you guys seem comfortable in just getting the whales to pay instead of trying to entice the ones that just feel that its a complete waste of money.

any player that buys a few of these things and gets what they consider worthless is not gonna keep buy any more unless they got money to burn, and im sure you have lost alot of revenue that way. i refuse to buy lockboxes.

dont make people feel like they wasted their money, give me something fun something that i can trade or sell to make some money back, something that i need.

Rift Master

I don't mind these promo weekends if it generates revenue to hire more developers and keeps things afloat. Cool, good stuff.

I think it would be cool to give a little giveaway for each one. he wardrobe a few weeks ago for instance could have given a random set for free if you do a small quest line or flat out give one for free if that would require resources to do so or unlock 1 cheap die each time you do the daily. With the lockboxe weekend you could have given everyone a free box or like you did with the Golemn foundary, allow final bosses in experts or winning a warfront a small chance to drop a random box.

The two main problems I have with lockboxes are:
    • Overall value is too low. If someone purchases a lockbox they should get a minimum value. I would suggest having more than 2-3 items of which are of some value. Every box should at least contain some kind of wardrobe item and a mix of adventurine/vials/unsocketers etc. So 4-5 items base wihich have some form of relevance and value. On top of that you can have a chance at a mount and more high value store items
    • The second and perhaps most important thing to me which I have mentioned before is items in boxes not being in game content. What I mean by this is I see mounts or wadrobe items and go, gosh that would be awesome as a reward for an in game achivement. You could get one as a reward for reaching max rep with a cool faction, reaching max prestige, a rare drop from a wf box, expert boss drops (small chance), reaching certain levels in the eternal quest line, or crafting mounts would be wicked. I am not saying all mounts or items but perhaps pull a few back and have them in the game to obtain and not just tied to world events but exclusive in themselves.

Rift Disciple

400+ credits for a supply crate that contains a terrible planar fragment is a terrible design to have. You can go out and kill 10 mobs and get the same exact planar fragment. I've sworn off supply crates and I most definitely won't buy any this weekend.

When I bought crates in SFP, all i 'remember' getting is fragments and prestige vials, both worthless. If i want fragments, i'll buy the fragment boxes. They at least offer a chance at high tier, blue-epic quality fragments.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    matrices, tenebrean engines, 100k planarite vouchers 100k favor vouchers, max healing/crit/buff potion stacks, rare minions, dimension stuff. fluff items that make you big or small or fat or thin or give you crazy hairdoos. a bunch of this stuff should drop if i dont get a mount.

i've havent touched one these things in forever because its not worth it, if i dont get a mount what i get is not worth 1/10 of what i paid.

the problem is you guys seem comfortable in just getting the whales to pay instead of trying to entice the ones that just feel that its a complete waste of money.

any player that buys a few of these things and gets what they consider worthless is not gonna keep buy any more unless they got money to burn, and im sure you have lost alot of revenue that way. i refuse to buy lockboxes.

dont make people feel like they wasted their money, give me something fun something that i can trade or sell to make some money back, something that i need.
    Matrixes aren't a bad idea to add to the loot table.. at least people will see 'value' in them. Maybe add in Tenebrean planar attuners as well. Stuff that is relevant!

If you at some point decide to "buff" supply crates please keep the rewards cosmetic or good for catch up only. The slot machine approach with Planar Fragments and Individual Reward Charges is quite enough to undermine the effort put into actual gameplay.

And yes, we pay close attention to this feedback. Anything that broadens the appeal of crates is also good for the game and development costs. We are evaluating the contents of the crates. We want them to be awesome as well, and we are committed to working towards that.

Therefore... I'd love to redirect the remainder of this thread to become constructive, with "WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO SEE IN CRATES IN FUTURE." Use of the phrase "slap in the face" is not constructive.
    • More level 70 stuff... but WHAT?
    • More useful stuff... but WHAT?
    Let's get specific, because we are very interested.

;-)#
    There have been several threads made over the course of the past several years regarding this. I sincerely hope this feedback will be listened to.

What I'd like to see is more useful, valuable and tradeable items (not BOA or soulbound, actually tradeable to other players or sellable on the AH), such as:

-small packets of individual rewards charges (equivalent to the dollar value of the lockbox)
    -tenebrean engines
    -substantial amounts of relevant currency
    -transfiguration baubles
    -if fragments must be in them, fragments that are for the opener's class and are better than tier 5
    -rune unsocketers, planar essence removal
    -artifacts of blue or greater value
    -celestial matrix
    -Wardrobe items or bundles that can be sold on the AH if they're a duplicate

Additionally, there should be some sort of RNG mercy system (actually this should apply to every super rare drop in the game, like tenebrean engines and eternal armor, but that's a topic for another thread) where each time you don't get the uber good item, your chances of getting it on the next try increase marginally.

These lockboxes prey on people with gambling addictions. If you will not disclose the odds on your lockboxes, this is a good safety measure to help those who tend to drop hundreds of dollars on these boxes. Just because you make the odds more reasonable over time doesn't mean the sales of boxes will decrease, as getting a duplicate box mount will still benefit the player (they can sell it on the AH for tons of money), but it will go a long way in reducing frustration and buyer's remorse.

Also bring back lockboxes to NPC's loot table. It was nice getting the crabnarok lockboxes randomly and selling them on the AH.
    Last edited by Rivkah; 06-02-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Plane Touched

I'd like to see some of the old paired gear but at level 70. Eg the 2 items and 10% more marks etc could be updated to the new zone - even use active upgrades, cap them at dungeon level gear, there were all sorts of interesting combos, more end, faster mount, more planar damage etc.
    You are entitled to a vomit bag, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. We're strapped for cash so it may be used, barf carefully!

Councillor Thunrar@Zaviel Keeper of the Dead <Servants of None>
    Guild Motto: Why did that happen? Because **** you that's why!

As someone who has 90 or so mounts, I have no interest at all in buying these. If however you included some other items in these, I might buy them for at a chance at the mount with the bonus items being of value to me.
    1. Wardrobe items from older raids or dungeon that are not really run any more
    2. Wardrobe slot vouchers (BoP)
    3. Crafting mats for higher slot bags
    4. Higher slot bags themselves (36-40)
    5. Chance at an Epic Artifact from any set (Unstable/Debuff/PTW/NT); Commons, Uncommon, Rares are really pointless
    6. Bag of Crafting Marks
    7. Bag of Lucky Coins
    8. Small bag of Credits (25-75 even)
    9. Soul Walk Charges
    10. Role Slot Vouchers
    11. Engines
    12. Bag of Individual Charges
    13. Duneon or Warfont Chages
    14. Artifact Searching Vials
    15. Bank Slot Extensions

I would be fine of most or all of these being Bind on Pickup. I would be fine with these having stack limits of just a couple so people could not stock pile them. I understand many of these have credit prices so its up to you to research which to do.

Plane Touched

;-)#
    I apologize that you found the phrasing to be offensive. I actually took effort to try and phrase it in a constructive manner. Apparently I failed so I will try again:

Opening lockboxes is supposed to be fun. While you guys obviously sell a lot of them, the player base has repeatedly given you overwhelming and detailed feedback on what would incentivize them to buy more (or any) lockboxes.

As has been repeatedly pointed out in this thread and other threads the lockboxes USED to contain items that people looked forward to. They used to have a decent chance of giving items that players got excited about. For me even the chance of unlocking new weapon and armor skins only available through these boxes was exciting.

This is no longer the case. The vast majority of the time they provide a planar fragment of no value. at this point it is not even disappointment that the player didn't "win" with that lockbox. The player actually feels insulted at this item that has negative value. They open the box and their prize is... a waste of time. Now they have to go recycle this item and then the cosmic core sits wasted in yet another stack of cosmic cores yet to be used.

At least the rune and planar essence unsocketers give a neutral or even minor positive feeling of reward.

So I'm sorry my phrasing was abrasive. hopefully this post explains my ideas a bit more thoroughly

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    I apologize that you found the phrasing to be offensive. I actually took effort to try and phrase it in a constructive manner.
    It isn't even that the phrase is abrasive. Far from it. It is SO over-used at this point that it really strips all emphasis from... pretty much all the words surrounding it. It has become such a crutch phrase that not only does it communicate nothing, it has moved into being an almost joking phrase.

When I am reading the comments section of a news article, for example, (yes, I know - NEVER read the comments :P ), and someone drops that phrase... I just kind of assume they are making jest anymore rather than a point.

That said, let me also stress this thread IS being watched. By more than just Brasse. There have definitely been some good suggestions. Please keep the CONSTRUCTIVE conversation going - it helps.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Not a fan of gamble boxes, but I'll give some specific feedback.

1) If you don't get a mount, you shouldn't log off thinking "that was a total waste of $5." While you might be disappointed that you didn't get the "prize" (almost always a mount), what you get should be useful, and if not specifically useful to you, then sellable.

2) Eliminate BoA and BoP for lockbox items. If I can't use that XP potion, I should be able to give it to an alt, to a guildie, or sell it on the AH.

3) Event boxes that don't have mounts should award a large portion of event currency... no 7 or 8 bird seed out of a budgie trove ox crap. If I buy 10-12 boxes, I should accumulate enough to buy a mount. And patron currency boost should apply.

4) Larger doses of currency used to buy gear in the store.

5) Good essences... including greaters

6) Good planar fragments, Tier 3 or better

7) Orb of the Faithful - awards 100 loyalty, 100 affinity and 100 plat.

8) Multiple artifact rolls

9) Dye bucket unlocks that unlock one color. The general dye unlock is stupid expensive ($100). Again, these need to be sellable, so if I get a color I have, I can put it on the AH or give it to a friend.

Another suggestion - and I don't know if it is technically feasible - every box you open that doesn't award the prize item should give a charge of "karma", which increases your chance of getting a prize item when you unlock a box. These charges stack until you get a prize item, then they all go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    It isn't even that the phrase is abrasive. Far from it. It is SO over-used at this point that it really strips all emphasis from... pretty much all the words surrounding it. It has become such a crutch phrase that not only does it communicate nothing, it has moved into being an almost joking phrase.

When I am reading the comments section of a news article, for example, (yes, I know - NEVER read the comments :P ), and someone drops that phrase... I just kind of assume they are making jest anymore rather than a point.

That said, let me also stress this thread IS being watched. By more than just Brasse. There have definitely been some good suggestions. Please keep the CONSTRUCTIVE conversation going - it helps.
    I'm glad that lockboxes are finally being re-evaluated. I'm just very disappointed that the numerous equally constructive threads on this same topic were not treated with the same degree of importance, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
    I'm glad that lockboxes are finally being re-evaluated.
    You might have wanted to postpone this statement

I've noticed that I've received a few wardrobe bundles in lockboxes. That's been fun. Fallen Einharjar, anyone? And it's not bound at all. This is a good thing. Adding more wardrobe things would be good too and would not offset the actual play balance at all. The suggestions of a dye bucket unlock, or old raid weapon skins are great too.

I also agree with the idea of removing the bind on pickup of much of this. Some of the stuff is bound to account, but I don't think that making some of the things tradable would be so bad. Vials were once consumable. And having that drop occasionally would be cool because you could share with friends or even sell it. I don't see that it would impact the sale of such things too much. I especially dislike the bound Mass Soul Mend. Most of the folks I play with are patron, so I'd much prefer to give that to a group of new low level folks trying out the game.

Here are things I've seen and like having in the boxes and things I'd like to see:
    • Dungeon charge
    • Warfront charge
    • Shard or Orb of Loyalty
    • Companions (such as those purchased w/ planarite or found in the world)
    • Weapon skins (not bound)
    • Costume Bundles
    • Dye Buckets
    • Boost gear (like at 65 and described elsewhere in thread)
    • Vials (not bound, does not have to be Transcendental, even Greater is good)
    • Performance consumables - Brightsurge/Powersurge, Weaponstones, etc.
    • Other consumables - DOPE, Mount speed boosts, Unmounted speed boosts, etc.

I don't buy a lot of boxes, but I do buy them. The only time it is a real let down is when the only thing is a fragment and some celestial remnants. That let down may be psychological. "There's nothing new in my bag!"
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 06-02-2017 at 02:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast