+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shiny Shenanigans Weekend: May 24 - 29!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default Shiny Shenanigans Weekend: May 24 - 29!

“Shiny hunting” remains one of the most beloved pastimes for the Ascended, and we’re making it even easier for you to finish those elusive sets on this Shiny Shenanigans Weekend!

FINISH IT, ALREADY!

Are your artifact collections keeping you up at nights? Need just a FEW more to finish some challenging categories? We are reducing the price of the “Draw” feature, up to 50% on some sets!

The artifact Draw special will start with the patch on Wednesday, May 24th and end with the patch on Wednesday, May 31st!

To make your weekend extra shiny, we will also reduce the price of all Artifact Tracking Vials by 25% from May 26 through 29th – happy hunting!

NEW ARTIFACT PINATAS!

We know you all loved last year’s Summerfest Artifact Pinatas, so DeadSimon has created an all new Artifact Pinata for this weekend! It comes with its own brand new collections and rewards! Artifact Pinatas will appear in the world in one of 15 possible locations per zone – every zone in Telara has them, and up to 5 can be up at once! There is one exception – Tyrant Throne is a small area, so it only has up to 3 available at a time.

These new artifact pinatas will be available from 12:01 AM PDT Friday, May 26th, through to 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, May 29th, 2017.

Want a sneak peek? Of course you do!

One of the new collections is “The Adventures of Kiki Kookoo,” which are tales of an intrepid, swashbuckling sleuth. Read by Fae children across all of Telara, the adventures of Kiki Kookoo are one of the most popular series of books ever written in Telara. Collect all of her books, including, “Kiki Kookoo and the Haunted Fairground.”

Another set is “Violet and Pimpernel. ” Almost certainly the most elusive of the Fae, Violet and Pimpernel are little more than the product of a child’s imagination.

For those seeking something a little more seriously lore oriented, we offer, “Deep Factions of the Planes.” The Cosmos is not Telara-centric, as any true Mystic can tell you. There are Factions whose plots never involve our world… unless the Ascended venture too far.

What about the rewards?

You can earn special abilities that give you “Artifact Eyes,” one for each color type, matching the corresponding sets. For instance, you’d earn Poison Artifact Eyes for completing the poison set. The Meta set grants you Rainbow Artifact Eyes that change color every 5 seconds! What do they look like? Stick a shiny in your eye and look in the mirror!

These new artifact pinatas will be available from 12:01 AM PDT Friday, May 26th, through to 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, May 29th, 2017.

Artifact Eyes – the penultimate fashion accessory:

Oh, ONE more thing…

There is another exclusive Artifact Pinata that can ONLY be spawned by DeadSimon himself. He may or may not have used the term “pooped by Dead Simon.” This has yet to be confirmed by independent sources.

Join us for the RIFT Livestream on Friday, May 26th, 2017 and learn all you ever wanted to know about this new artifact set. Be wary though, because when riled up, DeadSimon can become quite dangerous. Yeah, we think that got everyone’s attention! We’ll start on the EU server cluster, then move to NA. This will not be the last you see of the DeadSimon artifact set, but it will be the world premiere! Do NOT miss it!

This Pinata has its own 7 sets of Artifacts and rewards that include Artifact Beguiled Companion Pets… and you guessed it, they have color-changing artifacts for eyes. These include a Guffin, DeadSimon, an owl and others.

The Artifact Beguiled Owl companion pet.:

RIFT LIVESTREAM
    Friday, May 26, 2017, 11:30 AM PDT
    twitch.tv/trionworlds
    We will simulcast on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube!

Sweet, I'm looking forward to it
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

This makes me sad, one weekend to collect the new sets and a holiday weekend at that. I will be away.

Rift Master

So you start out with:
    FINISH IT, ALREADY!

Are your artifact collections keeping you up at nights? Need just a FEW more to finish some challenging categories?
    and then proceed to tell us we now have 7 more artifact sets we have to complete?

Soulwalker

We can still get the new sets and stuff after the weekend, right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by GuesssWho View Post
    We can still get the new sets and stuff after the weekend, right? Right?
    When the event comes back in a million years.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

OH COME ON! I'm *MOVING* this weekend, Brasse!

*sobs*

Okay, this calls for drastic measures.

Boase, you are the God Of All Things Artifact™. If you can get me a full set of the "non-Telara-centric" lore artifacts (which Raelskye must have, being the lore geek she is), I will make it worth your while. I will pay you in brownies. Or if that won't work, I'll... see about making a video for you.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Yes I'm not surprised there are major places, even places that are the very most important for some things (especially since Telara was a place more 'stumbled upon' by Blood Storm than a clear objective), but Telara remains the 'Nexus of the Planes', yes? And uniquely important in that aspect?

I'm okay with some others being 'nexus' of the timelines, magics, whatever weird things Trion comes up with though - as long as it round abouts to Telara somehow.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 05-25-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Telaran

Oh no! I'm going to miss Shiny Shenanigans? This event had better come back, I really want those shiny eyes.

Soulwalker

I found a pinata tonight (with my level 36 rogue) and killed it by myself, which took just shy of forever. It blew up and I got one artifact through the circular "rift closing / quest reward" button. The ground lit up everywhere with unstable artifacts but when I clicked on one I got an error message and they all vanished.

Is this a bug or were all the sparkles on the ground not intended to be picked up? It sure was a lot of work for one artifact!

Shadowlander

You can mentor to a level above the level of the pinata (normally to 7 levels above, sometimes more in Silverwood and Freemarch) to kill them a bit faster, if not in a group. Alternatively, there are some pinata hunting groups on xevents. Not worthwhile killing a pinata above your level solo, easier to go to another zone and find a different one.

You should be able to click 3-4 of the artifacts on the ground after a kill (People claim 5+ but thats insane). Make sure to have autoloot turned on & room in bags before you kill and wait the split second after the looting cast to make sure it falls into your bags.

Someone grinding on xevents was saying one purple in two hours of pinata killing. A lot of pinatas to kill without using AH.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Retfup View Post
    This makes me sad, one weekend to collect the new sets and a holiday weekend at that. I will be away.
    You can be assured that the special Pinatas will return again in future. We also have that Pinata that appears only during Summerfest. Special events are special!
    ;-)#

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    ... and then proceed to tell us we now have 7 more artifact sets we have to complete?
    Oh the pain is REAL, and you know you love it!

I am definitely hoping that some of the harder items are discounted this weekend, because the chances of my finishing a few of those collections is slim to none. Besides, the money goes toward supporting salaries of folks like DeadSimon, so I'm all for perpetuating more and more and more of his work, hehe.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    OH COME ON! I'm *MOVING* this weekend, Brasse!
    You WILL get a chance again, we'd never limit something like this to just one weekend for all time!
    You are likely to see DeadSimon and his special set in game fairly frequently, too. =)

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanPDX View Post
    I found a pinata tonight (with my level 36 rogue) and killed it by myself, which took just shy of forever. It blew up and I got one artifact through the circular "rift closing / quest reward" button. The ground lit up everywhere with unstable artifacts but when I clicked on one I got an error message and they all vanished.

Is this a bug or were all the sparkles on the ground not intended to be picked up? It sure was a lot of work for one artifact!
    Hey there! Our QA folks want to follow up on this. Can you remember what the error message said? It would help them a lot when they try to reproduce this.

Meanwhile, DeadSimon says,
    "They are only there for a few seconds and if they don't loot quickly they will disappear. If it disappears in the middle of the looting they will get an error.
    It is possible to get 4 if you are quick. 3 is relatively easy but you have to be ready for them"
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 05-26-2017 at 10:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast