+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT LoreStreampalooza

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default RIFT LoreStreampalooza

Join us this week for A Night at the Alittu Museum - CaptainCursor swears there is a story behind every display cabinet, and we can't wait to hear it, even if he has to make it all up on the spot!

RIFT Lore Trivia! Start Googling and spelunking through dusty, stained parchment and study up! We will start the trivia contest with lore questions related to the Comet of Ahnket, its lands, quests and denizens!

Brasse and CaptainCursor will attempt to stymie and stump veteran players with obscure lore questions from Telara. We will offer prizes, including the now retired 5th Anniversary Community Snail Mount and the current 6th Anniversary Parade Tuskar mount. See you there!

Meanwhile, strike up a conversation with @Brasse and @CaptainCursor on Twitter - they're usually lurking around there!
    You can also post any lore questions you're dying to have answered to this forum thread!

RIFT LIVESTREAM
    https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
    11:30 AM PDT, Friday, May 5th

Telaran

My sister and I have like 25 questions. Seriously, we have a Google doc with them. Are you okay with me linking the Google doc or would you rather I copy-pasted it here? Will bold our most burning questions to help you decide because my questions alone could probably fill an entire stream
    Last edited by Mizuki Ayu; 05-03-2017 at 02:06 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Challenge accepted!

In fact, for next month's Lorestreampalooza, how about we put CaptainCursor to the test and see how many of your questions he can answer in the 40 minutes of streaming? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

Therefore, please send me the questions directly in an email (our internal servers don't like attachments, so just copy paste) and we'll set this up. brasse@trionworlds.com I'll make sure you guys get full credit!

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Maybe post a couple you want answered on this stream here too. =)

Telaran

These are bolded in the email, but also just going to list here for convenience sake. I am VERY excited
    • Do Atrophinius and Shyla have any embarrassing nicknames for Tasuil?
    • What are the life span of all the races like? Do long lived races age quickly from birth to maturity, then slow aging? Or are they tiny helpless children for a long time too?
    • Do High Elves and Kelari have a Rithart-esq ‘coming of age’ ceremony like the Tuath'de, albeit with less blood magic?
    • Do Bahmi hold their Ethian heritage as highly as their Shalastiri heritage?
    • In the Planetouched Wilds, despite the overall disrepair that the Bahmi cities are in, some Clans seem to do better than others. Has Bahmi society always had this imbalance or were all Clans once, relatively, equal?
    • Is the ability to change your race/sex/facial structure at will (Barber shop) strictly a quality of life game mechanic or can Ascended ‘request’ alterations when they receive a new body? In that vein, if an Ascended was scarred before ascension, would they still have it? Do ascended bodies scar?
    • In game, each model of “pet class” creatures look the same except for extra skins that are bought. But lore wise are those creatures copies of the relevant soul’s original companion, or do they change and alter dependent on the Ascended who calls upon them? (Especially Beastmasters, who share a deeper bond than other "pet classes")
    • Both animal “pet classes',” Hunters and Beastmasters, original souls were Elves. Was this a tie back to the fact Elves held a bond with animals that was lost during the breaking of the ward?

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Challenge accepted!

In fact, for next month's Lorestreampalooza, how about we put CaptainCursor to the test and see how many of your questions he can answer in the 40 minutes of streaming? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

Therefore, please send me the questions directly in an email (our internal servers don't like attachments, so just copy paste) and we'll set this up. brasse@trionworlds.com I'll make sure you guys get full credit!
    YES! YOU CHOSE A DAY I'M WORKING FROM HOME AND CAN WATCH THE STREAM!

And an email will be along Soon™ with questions for CC.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

A lorestream, great!

I've got a question I wonder about since classic Rift. It's about the "Cairn do" achievement or more specific about the names.
    My guess is that people like Harwin Kalmar, Roma Gammult, Qara Chuluun or Nylaan Starhearth were ancestors / family members and not just common names like Smith, Meyer and so on.

But then we have the cairn of Bahar Farwind. So, who was Bahar?
    Just a coincidence or maybe something like the first friend Orphiel made on Telara? Or a random person where he got his last name from? Or again just a common name around the whole kosmos?

So I asked this question the last time there was a lore stream and my question was a bit misconstrued so I'll try clarify it better this time around.

1. I wanted to know if the Souls or classes will have more representation in the lore. The example I gave last time was that paladins are generally present in stories where there's an opposite force involved like death. My question has nothing to do with whether or not that will make the class stronger than another vs a certain element (as was misconstrued last time), but strictly just related to representing the souls in a more story driven way throughout the game.

2. Have you ever considered releasing a lore book with maybe some concept art that players can buy or an official trion run site that gives you in depth access to the lore? Rift has some pretty great lore, but the issue is that it's not as readily available as it is with other games where you can just go to a wiki or website and look at what kind of stories the game has to offer. I do of course understand that these types of things would take time and resources to do, but I also think it would help get more people into the game, especially those who play for both the lore and gameplay.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Shadowlander

I do love the lore of this game and the lore themed streams are my favorites!

1. What are the origins of the Elves of Telara? I think originally they were created by the gods as the first sentient species on Telara, but now they are descendants of the Tauth'de?

2. We have learned that there are (or were originally) six gods of the vigil. There were also six dragons of the Bloodstorm. Is this coincidence or is there something more to this? Are they counterparts to each other, like the opposite sides of a coin? If so, how do they all match up to each other?

3. How, why and when was Ai expelled or banished by the other gods? I think it was over the creation of the ascended but I could be wrong. How did she then end up in the Plane of Water? Why are there no traces of her on Telara? (or are there? ruins in the Dendrome perhaps?)

4. Finally, this one has been bugging me for a looooong time. In a lorestream a year or two ago CaptainCursor teased the origin of Lord Arak's name and no one can figure it out. Can he please let the cat out of the bag and let us know the inspiration for it?

Thanks for answering the questions and thanks for the lorestream and a great game!

Since I gather that Celestial Realms lore is the big thing for this one:

a) With the Guardians' faith getting a big show in Saint Taranis and Ashenfell, and then Asha's statement at the end of the full quest line of "Stick around, I may have something for you," are we now going to see the Defiants get equal screen time? (And by Defiants, I do NOT mean Orphiel.)

b) Can we PLEASE get the full story of Thedeor's Spear in Ashenfell? And dare I hope we will find similar indications of the other Gods of the Vigil elsewhere? (Especially if they also have faction notoriety somewhere - I can imagine a lot of High Elf characters would LOVE "Champion of Tavril" or Dwarves wanting "Champion of Bahralt" as titles!)

c) It's kind of hard to tell from Carli's dialogue, but was Aia kicked out of the Vigil, or did she CHOOSE to leave on her own? And is Aia also trapped beyond the Ward like the Vigil Gods?

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Devastron View Post
    4. Finally, this one has been bugging me for a looooong time. In a lorestream a year or two ago CaptainCursor teased the origin of Lord Arak's name and no one can figure it out. Can he please let the cat out of the bag and let us know the inspiration for it?
    There was a Nightmare Tide crafting quest that suggested his name was an acronym. As Arak was dreamed up by the Tenebreans to foil the Ascended, he embodied traits of 4 of our past enemies. I can't remember all of them, but I believe it was Alsbeth, Regulos and Kain. What is that other "A"?

Unfortunately, I've leveled out of the NT daily crafting quests so I can't find it again.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    There was a Nightmare Tide crafting quest that suggested his name was an acronym. As Arak was dreamed up by the Tenebreans to foil the Ascended, he embodied traits of 4 of our past enemies. I can't remember all of them, but I believe it was Alsbeth, Regulos and Kain. What is that other "A"?

Unfortunately, I've leveled out of the NT daily crafting quests so I can't find it again.
    Aedraxis, maybe?

Soulwalker

Default OMG a man after my own heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    So I asked this question the last time there was a lore stream and my question was a bit misconstrued so I'll try clarify it better this time around.

1. I wanted to know if the Souls or classes will have more representation in the lore. The example I gave last time was that paladins are generally present in stories where there's an opposite force involved like death. My question has nothing to do with whether or not that will make the class stronger than another vs a certain element (as was misconstrued last time), but strictly just related to representing the souls in a more story driven way throughout the game.

2. Have you ever considered releasing a lore book with maybe some concept art that players can buy or an official trion run site that gives you in depth access to the lore? Rift has some pretty great lore, but the issue is that it's not as readily available as it is with other games where you can just go to a wiki or website and look at what kind of stories the game has to offer. I do of course understand that these types of things would take time and resources to do, but I also think it would help get more people into the game, especially those who play for both the lore and gameplay.

I totally agree with what you are saying to have access to the lore readily would be an awesome thing so is the concept of a Book/Magazine/even comic style genre with concept art would be off the charts awesome. I for one would buy them like hotcakes since I am one who is very into the lore of the game I am playing and this game has some fantastic lore. Also some great story arc possibilities that can be turned into content/raids, Trust me there are many many ways you can take the story lines and here's one "SPOILER ALERT" The golden baby dragon that is ridden after the defeat of Lady Glasya at the end of Gyel's is the love child of Maleforge and Laethys just take a good look at the little bugger before he tries to burn you to death at the end and check the resemblance to Maleforge himself. I'd like to know what his or her name is and where they came from and how does this particular spawn tie into the current lore.

Waiting with baited breath for the answer;\

Sincerely,

Daemadar Mage of the 70th Season.
    Last edited by Edrena; 05-05-2017 at 11:35 AM.

HOORAY! I won 2 snail codes!

But I already have the Snail, as a Trion Creator. And I'd give them away, but I suspect that someone is going to just sell them off if I do.

Aedraxis is the fourth person that make up ARAK's name. All associated w/ the death mythos of original RIFT.

Aedraxis
    Regulos
    Alsbeth
    Kain

Those pesky Tenebreans might have thought they were clever, but we bested all of them.. and their crazy ARAKs in Minds of Madness too.

I can't believe the answer to this was in a crafting quest dialog!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast