Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream: Creators! NEW TIME: 11:30 AM PST!

Brasse mentioned in Discord that "ArcheAge has the most EU players, followed by RIFT."
    Nothing about more EU than NA.

Brasse wrote "In our game portfolio, ArcheAge has the most EU players, followed by RIFT." But no screen shot atm, so I guess not official. ^^

And 10:30? No, 10:30 wouldn't be a problem, but for me it was after midnight. =/

Edit: see above. Maybe I understood wrong.
    Last edited by Wryn; 04-27-2017 at 09:14 AM.

In Germany, the Rift livestream started at 0.30 local time. While I could usually - okay, sometimes - watch the beginning, I quite often fell asleep in front of the PC because it really is too late for me. Yes, I'm working a lot, I'm not young anymore and I need my sleep.

So I appreciate the stream being earlier, at least for a little while. Doesn't mean it has to stay like that forever, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wryn View Post
    Brasse wrote "In our game portfolio, ArcheAge has the most EU players, followed by RIFT." But no screen shot atm, so I guess not official. ^^

And 10:30? No, 10:30 wouldn't be a problem, but for me it was after midnight. =/

Edit: see above. Maybe I understood wrong.
    AA having more EU people than Rift makes much more sense:)

My point was that while for some EU folks it was about staying up later than they usually would, for NA folks it's about not even having a choice (unless your job allows you to just watch random twitch streams whenever you like). Doesn't really seem fair to me in comparison.

P.S. for my timezone it was 1:30, not *late* late for a Friday night, pretty manageable if I really want to catch the livestream live (which I do when I can). For the actual Europe, it's even earlier than that. And, again, it's followed by a Saturday not Monday morning, not like you absolutely have to get up early or anything. Just sayin'
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Being EU citizen...

15:30 PST or PDT... not sure those are the same... as original time did seem odd to me...

Office hours don't always stop at 14:30 on friday, but perhaps NA has some different standards on that. But being home within an hour after work... Can't remember when I last managed that..

So it seemed to me, there were always people shut out of the live stream... NA for the stream being too early, EU for stream being too late and Oceanic.. early morning ^^

The new time will make it more difficult for me to watch... 20:30 local time... diner, friends, social life... And I can imagine some more people will be excluded because of time settings too early.

I'm happy for those who now have a better window of opportunity to watch live stream.

But basically, there is no specific time that suits all, since I assume we have to consider Trion working hours too as time frame in which streams can be broadcasted live.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Sweet, that makes it 7.30pm for me instead of 11.30pm so plenty of time to go clubbing and pubbing after the Stream.

"She who must be obeyed" will be thrilled to have a social life back again. :cool3:
    Does anyone know how to play the game with Karma Koin?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CurbDogmaWorasaurus View Post
    Does anyone know how to play the game with Karma Koin?
    Hi there!

Here is the info on Karma Coin. You can now also use Razer ZGold and Twitch Game Details to purchase Rift/Rift products. Check all details before doing so and good luck!
    <a href=https://twitter.com/wootafk target=_blank>https://twitter.com/wootafk</a>

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Hey folks....

Yes, I meant that in terms of EU population for our games, ArcheAge is the highest, followed by RIFT. In both cases we have more players in North America.

We are going to try this time slot for a month and see how it goes. In looking at our overall numbers it seems like a better time, but if it is NOT, we can change back.

As with ANY event, there is no perfect time that works for all, so again, I am glad that we have video replays.

Today also marks the first time that all official Trion streams are being simulcast on Twitch, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook - bear with us in case of technical bumps!
    ;-)#

There may be truth to the rumor that some Dwarf also prefers to attend Happy Hour at Trion with all her colleagues and is glad it's not during the livestream any more... but it's just a rumor!

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

We are going to try this time slot for a month and see how it goes. In looking at our overall numbers it seems like a better time, but if it is NOT, we can change back.
    Thank you for clarification! Have a nice Friday :)
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #25
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Stream over - closing thread! Thank you all. =)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2