+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTSTREAM, Fri Apr 21, 3:30 PM - Telaran PvP!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default RIFTSTREAM, Fri Apr 21, 3:30 PM - Telaran PvP!

Telaran PvP!

Some love it, some hate it. Some have always been curious but have been too skeeeeeered to enter a Warfront!

Let's all learn a little more about PvP in RIFT with Uncle Kerilar (somewhat of an expert) and WrenTheBlurry (self-proclaimed filthy casual killer mage).

Important note: this is NOT a stream for the hardcore PvP audience, and no new features are being announced. It is entirely for the neophyte and casual fun crowd, the folks we'd like to get in for an occasional Warfront or ten.

We will have Michael "Kerilar" Hansen on hand to answer questions from those curious about trying PvP in RIFT, while WrenTheBlurry will demonstrate the how to aspect. Mostly how to die repeatedly and getting revenge on those who have wronged you when you clearly come in peace!

We warmly invite folks to share their PvP tips and builds with us here on the livestream forum thread, and will feature any good linked guides or how to information on air! The top three contributors will receive a 6th Anniversary Tuskar mount!

RIFT Livestream
    3:30 PM PST, Friday, April 21, 2017
    https://twitch.tv/trionworlds

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Telaran PvP!

Some love it, some hate it. Some have always been curious but have been too skeeeeeered to enter a Warfront!

Let's all learn a little more about PvP in RIFT with Uncle Kerilar (somewhat of an expert) and WrenTheBlurry (self-proclaimed filthy casual killer mage).
    Ohhhh yea

Important note: this is NOT a stream for the hardcore PvP audience, and no new features are being announced. It is entirely for the neophyte and casual fun crowd, the folks we'd like to get in for an occasional Warfront or ten.
    Why u do dis?
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    The Real Rift Community Discord! Check It Out!
    Check out the New Rift Reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/ Be Constructive!

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

We do dis disclaimer so that we don't set expectations for new info on the stream. Now you know in advance, and can come hang out or avoid it. =)

Telaran

Is Kerilara dev or just an enthusiast? Can we ask technical questions or is this just for fun?

C'mon RGI, you know you want to watch, yah? And maybe be online and in warfronts at the same time? *grin*

happy day,

wren

We do dis disclaimer so that we don't set expectations for new info on the stream. Now you know in advance, and can come hang out or avoid it. =)
    Yes, I appreciate the disclaimer. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    C'mon RGI, you know you want to watch, yah? And maybe be online and in warfronts at the same time? *grin*

happy day,

wren
    *eyes Wren suspiciously*

Are you challenging me to wfs? My epeen feels threatened.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    The Real Rift Community Discord! Check It Out!
    Check out the New Rift Reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/ Be Constructive!

No new info is dissapointing but can we at least have maps put on rotation abit more, we have had 1 weekend of halloween black garden and that's it for 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post

Codex
    Black Garden
    Blighted Antechamber
    Library of the Runemasters

We plan to rotate maps in and out of this list over time, as well as special event weekends where a specific map not on this list is opened. This maintains variety, but keeps the options to a much more manageable level.
    Harrisonford

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Are you challenging me to wfs? My epeen feels threatened.
    Hehe, no way, I am not a glutton for punishment, usually! I was more hoping the random gods would shine on me, and stick you on my team.

happy day,

wren

I will be there as I'm total casual pvper, I miss pvp though I must say.(was hardcore)I left due to too many inconsistencies.

Looking forward to helping with some of my former expertise lol
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

http://otherworlds.us/

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ayu View Post
    Is Kerilara dev or just an enthusiast? Can we ask technical questions or is this just for fun?
    Kerilar is Michael Hansen, and yep, he is a designer on the RIFT team, You may have seen him in 8 or more livestreams before he moved to Austin, where we also have a studio. Luckily, we can Skype him into our stream.

Kerilar can definitely answer technical questions. Keep in mind that he does not work on soul development, that'd be Keyens and Vladd. Sadly Vladd is leaving on vacation this Friday so can't haunt our stream chat as usual!

WrenTheBlurry is definitely not a game designer and is here to prove that even the most pacifist PVE'r can become hopelessly addicted to the adrenalin of PvP in RIFT. She drags me into Warfronts at every opportunity, mostly to use me as bait, I think. I have a blast too, especially since I now have a decent PvP build for my character, hehe.

I will be posing questions and taking some on stream... and hopefully sharing some of your suggestions, guides and tips that you post here!
    ;-)#
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 04-20-2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Dorfs can't spel

Bring back warfront rotation or bring them all back so I can finish achievements.

Please give us the old maps back at least.

The newer players of starfall prophecy have had 5 months to learn the "new" warfronts.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-19-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

A suggestion for new players who never entered warfront before, is to have a ranged specc. On some map melee will be eaten up there

Telaran

Awesome.

(More important question for me) Why are PvP achievements so focused on getting the killing blow? Healers, who are the most needed roles in every match, are denied these achievements because assistant kills don't count. This encourages people to look out for only themselves and go DPS and go for kill steals or lone wolf; this is the opposite of encouraging teamwork.

(Less important to me) Can you comment on the new PvP Weeklies? Why change from amassing kills/wins to completing dailies? I PvP in bursts and would sometimes do weeklies in a few days, but if I put it off now I miss out because I can only get 1 tick of progress a day.

Soulwalker

As a returning player and also as a casual PVPer (mostly dps) I'm pretty much interested in this stream session.

Some topics I would like to hear about:

- WFs not available at the moment - when will these be back again? What's the plan with them?
    - What stats to boost primarily - recommendations on itemization for PVP: planar fragments & essences. Endurance vs. dps stats - reaper or raid set to use?

Would appreciate general advices on these issues.
    Thx!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast