+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream THURSDAY April 13: Rise of the Phoenix

Default question

Some question here and sorry for my english^^

come back of enrage timer? with dps check?
    what is the minimum of guard? Hit?
    when can we try it on PST and going in live?
    other raid T1 will be launch? (real raid not an introduce raid like TD)
    Is this raid can be all boss kill in first day? (if yes make this harder please^^)

Want real challenge and wipe to progress. Want boss killing players whose not respect mechanic or dps check

@Guevara
    "Blood, sweat and tears"

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgin86 View Post
    Tartartic Depths was an introductory raid and unfortunately not enough of a reason to convince our guild's top raiders to return to the game because it wasn't challenging for most of us. Will Rise of the Phoenix make it any easier for me to persuade them to come back?
    The problem here is that these particular raiders won't even be ABLE to do iRotP without gearing through TD because of the hit requirements. Unless they're willing to buy the 275 hit gear in the cash shop (because that will probably come out with iRoTP) they'll have no choice but to grind TD to have the hit for the intrepid.

An easy mode with 275 hit drops would go a long way in this regard (hint hint Trion) and help these returners meet the reqs without having to slog through TD a dozen times. But hey, guess we'll have to wait and see...

Telaran

Will there be a new set and new marks(T1, cuz LFR is T0.5?) or how does it work with gearing?
    My 3-Way (3 Chars) PvP-Montage : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOJdaAu5L8E - Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    (Unrelated to raid)
    2. Why was there such a hard gate put on the eternal weapon in regard to the wicket minion? I understand trying to save people from themselves, but if they're willing to put in the extra time and effort to get it out of the way then they should be allowed to. That is my own personal opinion of course. One that others might share though.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Nailed it.

Deleted my attempt at sarcasm.
    Last edited by Niphridil; 04-12-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    - Will the new ranged weapon and helm from patch 4.1 still be BiS after we cleared the raid?
    This. Am I just wasting my time with all this gearing, or are these actually that good to compete with RotP?

It was mentioned in the thread that there are likely to be further upgrades, will these compete or surpas RotP items?

Finally, I'm concerned about the amount of upgrade steps you may be introducing. One post said they were off by a good several hundred in stats compared to RotP gear. Are we therefore talking more than 1 additional upgrade step to be added to the already current 1 upgrade step... (I'm concerned this introduces heavy p2w due to mats required)
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-12-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    (Unrelated to raid)
    2. Why was there such a hard gate put on the eternal weapon in regard to the wicket minion? I understand trying to save people from themselves, but if they're willing to put in the extra time and effort to get it out of the way then they should be allowed to. That is my own personal opinion of course. One that others might share though.
    This can be fast-tracked... clearly intentional. "If they're willing to put in the extra time and effort to get it out of the way then they should be allowed to". You could use a similar argument if you replaced the word time with money. After all time = money to many casual gamers XD. But I'll try avoid going on a philosophical tangent about p2w. Just thought I would give you an answer to a question that you're clearly not going to get an answer for on the stream.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-12-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Clearly we need to have a livestream dedicated to the Eternal Item questlines. =)
    For now, I'll just reiterate that they are meant to be truly epic undertakings. No shortcuts.

However, this one is for the upcoming retuned Rise of the Phoenix. I just heard that Keyens will hang out with us on the stream too, so we can get some of the perennial systems/soul questions addressed, and I am fairly sure Vladd will be able to join us in chat too.

See you tomorrow!
    Brasse

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    This. Am I just wasting my time with all this gearing, or are these actually that good to compete with RotP?

It was mentioned in the thread that there are likely to be further upgrades, will these compete or surpas RotP items?
    Do TD drops alone get you to T1 hit or are these 300 hit OEMs required to even walk in the door? Haven't math'd it. At the very least, the increased stats will help you in the raid that might not drop your helm or ranged for a long time and when it does or might go to someone else. RotP will not use IR. You are not wasting your time

Rift Chaser

Will there be legendary hits for tanks to worry about?

Can we have a livestream where Keyens tries to lead an internal team through the raid?
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Soulwalker

Will there be a mount reward for completing the conqueror achievement?

Will the tier 1 armour sets have a new look or reuse the appearance of old armour?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

If the rock golems that wander around after boss one still drop rings will there be a system put in place to stop raids just going in and farming them non stop without getting locked?

A simple barrier in place that doesn't go until boss one is killed or locking players to an ID by killing a golem would work as well.

This question probably won't make it in.

Are Tenebrean Engines going to be used to upgrade iROTP gear? The newest PTS update has them as upgrade requirements but I'm hoping its a placeholder.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2