+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: NEW Caprine Combat Pets!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default NEW Caprine Combat Pets!

NEW CAPRINE COMBAT PETS!
    With update 9 3/4, we will introduce a brand new combat pet - it'll really get your goat!

We want to make sure that every combat pet has a multi-faceted makeover. The Caprine Combat pet is a cute little kid that follows you around, probably looking for snacks... but when you enter battle, it morphs into a massive powerhouse of goaty fury!

At the end of battle, your Caprine will run over and eat all your loot - being magical creatures, this action instantly transfers it to your inventory. Just don't ask exactly how it gets here. Suffice it to be said that goats have four stomachs and a fast digestive system.

You can also purchase optional armament upgrades in the RIFT store: muskets, bayonets, catapaults and more. The Kelari have been hard at work on a game-changing nuclear missile option that we expect to see emerge later in the year in conjunction with the Eternal Item progression - devastate entire zones with one shot!

Best of all, the Caprine Combat pets are fully dyeable, so you can pick colors to match your armor - whatever floats your goat!. (Note: the dye ability has been disabled for Boase by special request of the art team - even we have limits!)

We're totally kidding... it's April Fool's Day!
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 04-01-2017 at 08:34 AM.

We want to make sure that every combat pet has a multi-faceted makeover.
    That is great, a goat can be a lore appropriate pet for certain classes, and a loot pet no less...but I want to mention the Legacy greater purple cat skin, and the greater fae seer legacy skin I just bought.

Please don't change those!

I just got it fixed and that as been a gripe of mine for years, the bst warder change and the npc fae gone missing!

I would have paid x 4 times as much as that to get rid of that horrible freak warder alone!.

I paid to fix it back because I decided on rift, please leave it be. I Brought the greater purple cat back from the wilds to his cute self, dont re-freakafy him please.
    Last edited by Questoften; 04-01-2017 at 08:59 AM.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    That is great, a goat can be a lore appropriate pet for certain classes, and a loot pet no less...but I want to mention the Legacy greater purple cat skin, and the greater fae seer legacy skin I just bought.

Please don't change those!

I just got it fixed and that as been a gripe of mine for years, the bst warder change and the npc fae gone missing!

I would have paid x 4 times as much as that to get rid of that horrible freak warder alone!.

I paid to fix it back because I decided on rift, please leave it be.
    PSSST........ PSSST *Points to the date on a calendar, and the fact that these would be coming out in "Update 9 3/4"*

Seriously though, these pets would be awesome. Would love the one in that little picture with the rifles on each side.
    Last edited by Yaros the Hawk; 04-01-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Yaros the Hawk View Post
    PSSST........ PSSST *Points to the date on a calendar, and the fact that these would be coming out in "Update 9 3/4"*

shhhhh, just play along

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtheskull View Post
    shhhhh, just play along
    ??? What are you guys talking about? I mean the currently avalible, legacy skins I bought off the rift store for credits yesterday. Nothing to do with goat DOA. I was just worried you could not keep the skins, don't confuse the issue here.

.................................................. .................................................. ..................
    As far as the concept art of the goat, its a cute goat, I like the eyes but make sure it has goat pupils.

He looks sort of happy in the art. A happy, hopeful goat with great expectations.

Hes optimistic he will be a popular goat of means and substance once properly made.

Hes not kidding around here...Just don't give him a Mohawk or comb over, at some point or a year from now people will be requesting the legacy goat.

(Give him a waistcoat, pocket watch and monocle, if you like, a sort of wonderland goat on the train, but do have a little good taste in fantasy) Ticket please!
    Last edited by Questoften; 04-01-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    ??? What are you guys talking about? I mean the currently avalible, legacy skins I bought off the rift store for credits yesterday. Nothing to do with goat DOA. I was just worried you could not keep the skins, don't confuse the issue here.

.................................................. .................................................. ..................
    As far as the concept art of the goat, its a cute goat, I like the eyes but make sure it has goat pupils.

He looks sort of happy in the art. A happy hopeful goat with great expectations.

Hes optimistic he will be a popular goat of means and substance once properly made.

Hes not kidding around here.
    Yes, all your legacy pets you just bought... *sob* are gonna be replaced by DA GOAT!

ALL HAIL CRUCIAAAA!!!!!
    I has some Prim guides, some are not outdated and still work in 4.1, check them out in the prim guides section

Rip Bishoujo/Franneliese/Carlli/Trollica

After reading some comments

Yes, all your legacy pets you just bought... *sob* are gonna be replaced by DA GOAT!

ALL HAIL CRUCIAAAA!!!!!
    With sweaty hooves, the goat paces under a single dangling light bulb in a basement room, By the flickering light, writing letters to Trion, and plotting something sinister. The world waits in uneasy silence.

Edit:
    BTW I like the puns in the OP, here comes your like.
    Last edited by Questoften; 04-01-2017 at 09:40 AM.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Don't worry, the current pet skins are not going anywhere. There is no reason, ever, to remove them.
    If anything resembling a goat comes to RIFT, it will have the correct, oblong pupils, because I'll be leaning over the shoulder of the poor, poor artists. These odd pupils are found in all goats, sheep, cattle and horses. It's just less noticeable on the species with very dark eyes. =)

(Confession: I drew the "concept art" at 8am this morning - the highlight dot may obscure the oblong pupils; I raise goats and pigs and chickens and too many dogs in my spare time at home: http://www.mythosfarm.com/)
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 04-01-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    After reading some comments

That's baaaaaaaaaad!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

We're totally kidding... it's April Fool's Day!
    noo, but I want one!

Oh...now, I see...but, I kind of wanted the goat too. Hes cute.

Happy April Fool's Day. Ya nearly had me, I had roll my eyes while reading this.... Poor Boase, he could use a few more colors.
    A happy customer tells one or two people, an unhappy customer tells everyone they see about their experience.

Rift Disciple

Oddly enough, despite the obvious April Fool's deal, this is actually a good idea IMO. Trion should really consider ideas related to this for real pet, or maybe a special type of skin that has a change script to it for combat.

Shadowlander

Lightbulb goat battle pet

This would be sooo awesome! A kid goat that morphs into a battle goat when you go into combat! This isn't so far-fetched!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast