+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.1: Forged in Flame, moved to March 29 release!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default 4.1: Forged in Flame, moved to March 29 release!

As discussed on today's RIFT Livestream, the release of 4.1 has been changed to March 29th, 2017!

We’re pretty excited with everything that is launching with RIFT’s upcoming update 4.1: Forged in Flame, and we hope you are as well! In order to ensure we deliver the quality we’ve promised for Tartaric Depths and our Looking for Raid (LFR) feature, we’re going to invest a few more weeks of internal and PTS testing before we go live. Due to our presence at PAX East and moving offices immediately afterwards, our next available window for an update of this size is March 29th, 2017.

This means we’ll also need to move Carnival of the Ascended as well, which we’re currently targeting for release on March 30th, 2017.

In the meantime, Tartaric Depths, Looking for Raid, as well as the new Eternal Weapon questlines are fully available for testing on our Public Test Server (PTS), and we appreciate your support of the testing process. We’ll schedule some public tests with the Dev team a bit later in the month, so keep an eye out for those!

The RIFT Team

Telaran

At least the update will come before the servers are shut down on April 1st

I hope the class balance is used to fix a lot of bugs which are in the game since SP beta or older.
    Last edited by legitN; 02-24-2017 at 07:07 PM.

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by legitN View Post
    At least the update will come before the servers are shut down on April 1st

I hope the class balance is used to fix a lot of bugs which are in the game since SP beta or older.
    Hope your are not Soulwhatever (RIP Discord)
    Last edited by keepor; 02-24-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Woo, Carnival is now during my birthday!

Question related to Carnival - will there be any kind of conversion for Fifth Anniversary Tickets to Sixth Anniversary Tickets? Maybe? (Something like the Doubloon conversion?) I hope so!

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Can we at the very least, consider putting the balance changes before 4.1? I know they said it was difficult to separate it from the build but it's going to be over 4 months since the souls were properly rebalanced, this was supposed to happen in January according to keyens.

Surely it would make more sense to release the balancing changes a few weeks before new raids/LFR feature is going to be implemented? We are currently in a downtime with rift and specs are probably going to be imbalanced, stuff will be missed and new bugs will most likely crop up. This would allow people to test the specs, write guides for the community and generally give us something to do in the meantime.

You would have a good 2-3 weeks before 4.1 to at least gather live feedback as i'm willing to bet the PTS feedback is incredibly small in comparison.
    Harrisonford

Are SFP tokens been left on till 29th March or are they still been deleted on 1st March?

Or... are you going to give all characters a free 40 slot bag to save the hassle

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

Due to our presence at PAX East and moving offices immediately afterwards, our next available window for an update of this size is March 29th, 2017.

This means we’ll also need to move Carnival of the Ascended as well, which we’re currently targeting for release on March 30th, 2017.
    4.1 and Carnival back to back updates? This sounds... ambitious?

Wouldn't it be a little more realistic to separate the two by at least a week? Or are we just in damn the torpedoes mode?

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana
    Intrepid Gyel Fortress is already well into development and will release in February, but 4.1 will bring Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix as well! This brings yet another level 70 challenge to the game.
    I am also hearing that IROTP will not be ready for March 29. Ya?
    Last edited by Noobly; 02-25-2017 at 07:28 AM.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Luckily, the team answered some of these questions during the livestream yesterday, so I've got some answers!

5th Anniversary tokens will not be usable for the 6th Anniversary items.

SFP tokens will all disappear with the regular Wednesday update on March 1. Remember that the team has left them alone for far longer than the promised 60 days already, so that seems fair. I am going to log in today to count mine and see if I have enough to get something cool too. =)

4.1 and Carnivale back to back will be fine, because the development has all been done on the latter.

Balance changes are an integral part of the main publish and so will not be pulled out of that data push. It really is harder to unravel a massive patch than non-engineers like you and me might imagine. It causes the techy guys to break out in a cold sweat, so I just back away slowly. =)

Balance changes are still under evaluation, and the systems team is reviewing all PTS data and feedback very carefully indeed. Taking a bit more time to work on this is a good thing. We know that with the changes in place on PTS, players are doing extremely well against the Tartaric Depths raid challenges, so we continue to watch that data as it comes in as well.

Hang in there, folks, and thank you for your patience!
    Brasse

Soulwalker

This can be dangerous, since the released content has to be perfect. Rift 4.1 feels like delayed 4.0 content so the time they have had avaible to work on it is tremendous.

The reason to why this can be dangerous is if the content isn't 100% flawless, the reason(s) that is used to delay it is untruthful.
    If you know you're walking on thin ice with your reason to delay please be truthful with your customers now, before it's too late. If you know already now that something will be broken, or delayed even further with 4.1 release you better say it now.

A good way to do this is to explain why you are delaying. "Polished content" may be a reason but not an explanation to why you need to delay (this and other content). Example: pax east and moving office is a good explanation to why it's so late in march, but it doesn't answer the root cause to why it's delayed.

Please let us know asap when something is wrong followed with a good explanation, so we know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaloons View Post
    Example: pax east and moving office is a good explanation to why it's so late in march
    PAX East is not a good explanation since they've known about it for months.

Unless they were forced to move offices immediately, moving offices isn't a very good excuse either. You don't schedule an office relocation in the middle of a major patch (and vice versa if the office relocation was scheduled first).
    Last edited by Artewig; 02-25-2017 at 08:40 AM.
    R.I.P.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    PAX East is not a good explanation since they've known about it for months.
    My point was that this is a better way to interact with the customer, they explain us directly why it's so late in march and not before. X hapend because of Y.

I agree on you that it isn't a good explanation to the root cause and all the delays, but atleast we got the facts (and truth) to why it's march 29th instead of lets say march 15th or so.

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    We don't have anything specifically planned between now and the 29th, but Keyens and I are exploring the POSSIBILITY of hosting a PvP tournament that may be of some interest (we've never done one before, so give us some time to work out if we can even manage it).
    Sounds like fun! Before or after the class balance changes?
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Rift Master

I suggest the following:

Turn on Mayhem events for several weekends in a row.
    Turn on weekly promo events for every week leading to 4.1
    Bonus currency every weekend leading to 4.1
    Add anything that is simple to do as bonuses to activities that you can think of.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    I suggest the following:

Turn on Mayhem events for several weekends in a row.
    Turn on weekly promo events for every week leading to 4.1
    They retired Mayhem events.

Promo events are probably broken/not rdy for SP (I guess) and so can`t be turned on.
    Last edited by legitN; 02-25-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Rift Master

Can you link the post where they stated mayhem retirement?

They should unretire them if that is the case. Very odd.
    Last edited by Balidin; 02-25-2017 at 05:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast