Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTSTREAm Feb 24: Carnivale Eternal!

Rift Disciple

Artewig If the images suggested nothing why did the poster say one thing but post an image with the option to buy cores to complete part of the quest emphasized? You and Dark tag teaming now?

It took me a few seconds to catch on to what was being referenced and the sarcasm that followed.

Perhaps the pay to complete, even a fraction, of a quest is not a good idea. It does not encourage people to actually play the game. Which is the feeling I am getting from the devs. They want us to actually play the game, even to the point of doing the same content over again repeatedly. I can't point to any one thing posted by any of them that supports this feeling. The only reason that I can think of for doing things this way is it buys time for the devs. To do what I am not sure. Maybe develop new content. Or maybe time to iron out bugs. Or maybe ways to increase the income stream from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Moril View Post
    Artewig If the images suggested nothing why did the poster say one thing but post an image with the option to buy cores to complete part of the quest emphasized? You and Dark tag teaming now?

It took me a few seconds to catch on to what was being referenced and the sarcasm that followed.

Perhaps the pay to complete, even a fraction, of a quest is not a good idea. It does not encourage people to actually play the game. Which is the feeling I am getting from the devs. They want us to actually play the game, even to the point of doing the same content over again repeatedly. I can't point to any one thing posted by any of them that supports this feeling. The only reason that I can think of for doing things this way is it buys time for the devs. To do what I am not sure. Maybe develop new content. Or maybe time to iron out bugs. Or maybe ways to increase the income stream from the game.
    The image was posted to show that you can pay to complete part of the "questline" and the poster was curious if more like that would be added. Slipmat responded saying that the poster suggested paying was the only option. I merely pointed out the fact that the post didn't actually suggest that and more likely suggested just the opposite.

And yes, Dark and I consult on these issues at the dinner table.
    R.I.P.

Rift Disciple

At first glance I didn't even question what was being purchased but then I thought about and I could see why it was questioned. Had something else be circled then I believe there would have been no misunderstandings. I can also see why you say what you do.

When is dinner? I personally like Lasagna and Pizza. What is the topic of discussion for tonight's dinner? I am not gonna get caught in the middle of a father son squabble am I?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    They need to add an option to recycle Planar Fragments so we get Cosmic Cores for free......
    Sry that I asked if there will be more "pay to skip" stuff so I don`t have to grind so much and can use the credits I still have. I thought that was also the direction crifts are going soon.
    Last edited by legitN; 02-23-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moril View Post
    When is dinner? I personally like Lasagna and Pizza. What is the topic of discussion for tonight's dinner? I am not gonna get caught in the middle of a father son squabble am I?
    We're having Bibimbap

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    We're having Bibimbap
    With spicy pork or beef?
    R.I.P.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by legitN View Post
    Sry that I asked if there will be more "pay to skip" stuff so I don`t have to grind so much and can use the credits I still have. I thought that was also the direction crifts are going soon.
    No need to be sorry. I understand your desire to skip the grind process. Doing the same thing over and over again is about as fun as watching paint dry. My objection is mainly that if you do want to skip the grinding you are not left with much choice but to use credits. Like I said earlier it seems that we are being guided to actually play the game more and more. Also it seems that if you choose not actually play the game, grinding et all, you going to pay for the privilege in some form or fashion.

Maybe we call all have dinner with Art and Dark to discuss this in depth. I understand we are having spicy pork and bib something.
    Last edited by Moril; 02-23-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Rogue - Tactician - Curative Torrent splash and has a 30 second cooldown

Why have you decided to remove the rogue's heal tactician from the game with 4.1?
    The essence of the tactician are its torrents.
    Tactician with a CD on Curative Torrent is unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    With spicy pork or beef?
    <.<
    >.>

jeyuk-bibimbap
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Rift Chaser

Will there be new upgrade tiers added to the weapons later, like when tier 2 raids come out?

Do the random-dropped eternal items start out eternal, or do they have an upgrade path like the weapons?

Any chance of adding catch-up mechanics for alts? Can't see myself grinding through all the upgrades more than once

Telaran

Will the drop only Eternals be available with 4.1 and can you show them(or some) today on Stream?

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #27
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

OH HEY, clearly time to close this question thread, now that two of our respected forum members are sniping at each other. Please don't do that, folks, it brings nothing to the discussion.
    O.o

ANYWAY... thank you for the questions, and off I go to compile them for the team!
    I reallydo appreciate all who took the time to post queries here. =)
    See you in a few hours!
    Brasse

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2