Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT 4.1: FORGED IN FLAME

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default RIFT 4.1: FORGED IN FLAME

We are excited to announce the next chapter in Starfall Prophecy with 4.1: Forged in Flame! On March 1st, join us to explore new systems and content in Telara.

We've become familiar with the struggles of the Comet of Ahnket; sections of the Planes of Life and Fire have been torn up and merged with the enigmatic and malevolent Tenebrean. Now the lords of Fire and Life battle for control of the comet's power, while Ahnket herself is bent on the destruction of Telara.

It is up to you, Ascended, to change the dreadful fate that lies in store for our beloved lands. It is time to assail the Lords of Fire!

Forged in Flame brings with it a new 10-man raid: Tartartic Depths. This fiery prison was created by the devils to imprison the Red Flight - to ensure that no dragon would ever hold sway over them again, as Maelforge once did.
    Rituals conducted within the Tartaric Depths have created Malannon, an avatar of the Tenebrean god, The Enigma. Some of you have glimpsed one of the four bosses on the Public Test Shard already, and there are three more to come.

Tartaric Depths is accessed through our new Looking For Raid (LFR system), already in game and being fine tuned as we approach 4.1.

Forged in Flame will also see the introduction of the long awaited Eternal Items! These unique weapons will be earned (and improved) through a level 70 questline. Developing your Eternal weapon will require you to complete many challenges, such as sealing rifts, conquering jumping puzzles and vanquishing monsters. Every Eternal Item is truly "Best in Slot," providing an unmatched degree of power.

Clerics, Mages, Warriors and Primalists will gain a 2-handed Eternal weapon, while Rogues will earn two one-handed Eternal weapons. On very rare occasions, Eternal armor pieces and additional weapons will also drop in Telara, and can be improved through the Active Upgrade system.

Intrepid Gyel Fortress is already well into development and will release in February, but 4.1 will bring Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix as well! This brings yet another level 70 challenge to the game.

Finally, we are bringing exciting tint improvements to the wardrobe system! Colors will be much more accurate to the dye selected; more vibrant and appealing. New colors will also make an appearance!

There is no additional charge for this update - it will be accessible to all who have invested in Starfall Prophecy. We'll bring you more information as we march toward launch. Watch for articles and livestreams to come!
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post

Clerics, Mages, Warriors and Primalists will gain a 2-handed Eternal weapon, while Rogues will earn two one-handed Eternal weapons.
    Rest in Piece Warriors Mages and Clerics. Everyone know's about the 2handed weapon animation delay, also it will kill Rift Blade, a spec that requires you to dual wield in order to do competitive dps.

Rift Chaser

Finally, we are bringing exciting tint improvements to the wardrobe system! Colors will be much more accurate to the dye selected; more vibrant and appealing. New colors will also make an appearance!
    Does this mean there will finally be some uniformity in how dyes look across different armors, rather than having colors look completely different from one piece to the next as it is now?

rip cleric and warrior tanks. and riftblade and any other spec that would use icy burst/shock pulse.
    <Skinwalkers
    Xydru|Xuryd|Pholdrux|Xhowdas|Lanaiex
    Wolfsbane

Cautiously optimistic.

OK so I have questions, which I don't expect to be answered but I'm going to ask anyway. Will start from the top:

Will there be a portal for Tartaric Depths so we can bypass LFR or do we for sure expect LFR to be working by then?

I saw in the update: Tartaric Depths, Eternal Items, Intrepid ROTP, and dyes. I didn't see any mention of the additional lvl 70 zone. Will that be in 4.1 or will that be sometime later?

Intrepid ROTP. I think it would be good to clear up quickly what that is so there isn't misunderstanding. Is that: raid, dungeon, ia, chronicle? "Intrepid" could mean just about anything and although ROTP was a raid it didn't sound like that was going to be the case this time around. Sounds like a dungeon but again, to avoid confusion: what is it?

Will there be an achievement called "Tartaric Sauce' ?

Ok that's it. Good night.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    Rest in Piece Warriors Mages and Clerics. Everyone know's about the 2handed weapon animation delay, also it will kill Rift Blade, a spec that requires you to dual wield in order to do competitive dps.
    Don't worry though as I'm sure the class changes they're going to push live with 4.1 will result in balance being all over the place anyway so the 2h delay will be the least of the worries

Another thing that I just want to confirm, there will be HMs for the 10man atleast yes?
    Last edited by Artak; 01-27-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    Will there be a portal for Tartaric Depths so we can bypass LFR or do we for sure expect LFR to be working by then?

I saw in the update: Tartaric Depths, Eternal Items, Intrepid ROTP, and dyes. I didn't see any mention of the additional lvl 70 zone. Will that be in 4.1 or will that be sometime later?

Intrepid ROTP. I think it would be good to clear up quickly what that is so there isn't misunderstanding. Is that: raid, dungeon, ia, chronicle? "Intrepid" could mean just about anything and although ROTP was a raid it didn't sound like that was going to be the case this time around. Sounds like a dungeon but again, to avoid confusion: what is it?

Originally they said raid instances will be LFR but a guild can walk into the zone via portal and use Master Loot. We'll see what changed.

Tartaric Depths is in North West corner of the lava section of Ashenfell so no idea about the new zone.

The only question I had about Intrepid ROTP was if it will be the LFR prerequisite to get the hit for Tartaric Depths (T1 2250 hit). Its also an Intrepid not a Return To so it should be 100% the same fights.

I'm really hoping the shield and offhand eternals are rewards from the questline aswell.
    Last edited by Boase; 01-27-2017 at 10:08 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    Selling Credits on NA 1.2p per credit. Buying all REX 2.2k each ~ I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I didn't see any mention of the additional lvl 70 zone.
    I asked Vladd about the new zone last night during the Stream to try and get some hints about what it will contain, he did say it's coming in 4.1 but obviously that's not an "Official" time so don't hold me to it.

@Noobly: The best of the thread already!

@TRION: The new raid will have 4 bosses, it's January 28th and the patch will come March 1st; only some players have tested the first one. So my question is, how do you think to get the 4 bosses ready in around 31 days from now after everything we've seen until now with new content?

Sadly it was the first thing that cross my mind when i read the post i'm losing my faith and it is not good at all for a Cleric
    Last edited by Shelenia; 01-27-2017 at 11:02 PM.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Rift Disciple

Tartaric Depths is accessed through our new Looking For Raid (LFR system), already in game and being fine tuned as we approach 4.1.

Intrepid Gyel Fortress is already well into development and will release in February, but 4.1 will bring Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix as well! This brings yet another level 70 challenge to the game.
    Please tell me it will either be balanced for coordinated groups or there will be a hard mode at release. Hexathel levels of difficulty will just make more raiders quit.

Is intrepid rise of the phoenix a raid? If so thats a pleasant surprise. Better a rehashed 5 year old raid than no raid.

How did you not already complain about that class mechanic until it's changed? Obviously really stupid design.
    Last edited by Bauum; 01-28-2017 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    Yay animation delay.

However, RB's dual-weild multi-proc shenanigans have been tuned WAAAAY down on PTS so if eternals are actually BIS by a decent margin it'll still be true for RB.
    SecondBass@Deepwood <-VIRUS-> Content Clear
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.0 Beastmaster 4.0 Champion 4.0 Riftblade 4.0 Reaver 4.0 Tempest 4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster 3.7 Liberator 3.7 Paladin 3.7 Void Knight

Shadowlander

We'll bring you more information as we march toward launch. Watch for articles and livestreams to come!
    march release date confirmed. ;)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Originally they said raid instances will be LFR but a guild can walk into the zone via portal and use Master Loot. We'll see what changed.

Tartaric Depths is in North West corner of the lava section of Ashenfell so no idea about the new zone.

The only question I had about Intrepid ROTP was if it will be the LFR prerequisite to get the hit for Tartaric Depths (T1 2250 hit). Its also an Intrepid not a Return To so it should be 100% the same fights.

I'm really hoping the shield and offhand eternals are rewards from the questline aswell.
    The way I understand it from old posts by the devs is that walking in the portal with a raid is considered normal mode. Then LFR version is more of a easy mode to help people learn the raid or whatever. Maybe they will do the walk in portal way the same as how they did CoA where there was 3 toggles for the versions.

I really hope intrepid RotF is the actual raid. I really liked that one.
    Last edited by squallff99; 01-28-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    Blahh the rogue

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Cautiously optimistic.

OK so I have questions, which I don't expect to be answered but I'm going to ask anyway. Will start from the top:

Ok that's it. Good night.
    The honest answer is if LFR isn't working by then, yes I would expect that there would be a portal. But with that said, getting LFR and the fortress siege fixed is a top priority. The additional zone will not be with 4.1 but it is heavily being worked on. Intrepid ROTP is a 10-man raid through LFR. I don't know if Tartaric Sauce is an achievement but I seriously hope it is!
    Amber Alexander - Producer - RIFT

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Quote Originally Posted by Warfyre View Post
    Does this mean there will finally be some uniformity in how dyes look across different armors, rather than having colors look completely different from one piece to the next as it is now?
    Yes, it is on PTS now if you want to try it out. Feel free to make a post in the PTS forums if you come across any armor that doesn't dye well so we can adjust it.
    Amber Alexander - Producer - RIFT

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast