Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT 4.1: FORGED IN FLAME

Rift Master

Add me to the list of those concerned about the eternal weapons. My warrior prefers tanking and dual-wielding and my cleric is a tank pretty much exclusively. 2-hd weapons exclusively don't work for me in either case...

(I also agree with the "give options, don't force people to do content they don't enjoy or simply can't do" crowd)
    Last edited by bri bates; 01-29-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Telaran

With a specific date set for release, you leave your playerbase with the expectation that everything will be working as intended at that date.

As you continue to test and tune this patch, if the end of February rolls along and things are not in working order, would you consider delaying release? I fear it may not be in a release-ready state and be disabled after the fact, aggravating players who trust your commitment to releasing well polished content with Starfall Prophecy.

I hope for a smooth release, but am cautiously optimistic.
    Last edited by LucKeyHoleInOne; 01-29-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Rift Disciple

Would be nice if they did this. But don't count on it. Something or someone was/is pushing SFP really hard. Despite the fact that it doesn't feel finished or polished. It is regrettable.

Ascendant

Please, if a dev reads this thread, PLEASE reconsider the warrior in the weapon stuff ... there should be a way for them to get dual wielding weaps....

Soulwalker

New raid, no new zone, upscaled content. Legendaries

I am sorry but when I compare this to Wildstar 1.7, FFXIV 3.5, or EVEN 7.1.5 from legion, there is nothing here to entice me to return to the game.

Fortress seiges were a flop, and honestly one zone event should never be touted as a major feature, and a four boss raid will lead to quick burn out especially on ez LFr difficulty.

I think the best compromise would be to offer a choice of different routes, you can do either X number of Puzzles or do X number of Experts or Warfronts or kill X amount of goblins, everyone can then pick their path and all is good.
    I agree. /10char
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/72 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Default ...

I want to make it clear to the Devs:

If you want to block content and items with progress, that's fine with, it's good even,
    cause it will but keep us busy... BUT
    there should be
    NO COMPULSORY PUZZLES
    (they are always illogical, plenty bugged, don't render properly, don't light properly, don't function or are basically mind numbing,..
    or all of above).
    Last edited by Rakuda88; 01-31-2017 at 02:31 PM. Reason: slightly reduced dramatic font size

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda88 View Post

If you want to block content and items with progress, that's fine with, it's good even,
    there should be
    NO COMPULSORY PUZZLES
    (they are always illogical, plenty bugged, don't render properly, don't light properly, don't function or are basically mind numbing,..
    or all of above).
    Honestly I wouldn't worry too much. There will be a credit option, or use IR charges to skip it. That's what they've done with all other gear that's normally gated behind progress and time.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda88 View Post

there should be
    NO COMPULSORY PUZZLES
    or all of above).
    LOL! Even if they work, with no bugs, correctly rendered and are well lit, jumping puzzles make me go INSANELY FURIOUS.

Soulwalker

Default I havent logged in since the 150Dollar Nightmare Tide

I logged back in tuesday. You do a bad job on this update, i log back out permanently and never play one of your games again. The guild that i am still in after all this time, most of them are quitting if you screw this up.

No pressure.

Not sure if this was posted anywhere in an earlier thread already but the latest Q and A livestream link here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/119582834

The flu bug hit alot of the team that day but looks like some of the questions from the 4.1 grillstream thread were discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    Rest in Piece Warriors Mages and Clerics. Everyone know's about the 2handed weapon animation delay, also it will kill Rift Blade, a spec that requires you to dual wield in order to do competitive dps.
    What is this 2handed weapon animation delay? Is Token of Tasuil + Devouring Soul better than Staff of Shadows??

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiden View Post
    What is this 2handed weapon animation delay? Is Token of Tasuil + Devouring Soul better than Staff of Shadows??
    It's the bane of warriors' existence.
    Basically attacking or using any kind of skill actually, while equipped with a 2-hander executes considerably* slower than same action, if using a 1-hand weapon. I personally blame the excruciatingly long global cooldowns and questionable power reload (it feels not-so-fast in comparison to the rogues' energy bar filling), but that's another thing. It's offputting sometimes when your warrior spams less instant attacks than a caster character because of clunky attack patterns.

* - understatement
    [believe "things" can still be saved with the power of communication and common sense]

Soulwalker

Unhappy Future of warrior tanks/eternal weapon

I really need to get some clarity from the devs perspective regarding the fact that Warriors will get a two handed eternal weapon. I mean this appears to ridiculously narrow minded. I play a warrior tank and use a main hand + shield i do not use a two hand build at all. I enjoy tanking i play tank.

having my choice of technically BIS weapon be a two hander makes no sense. I would have thought a main hand for warriors and clerics or a shield even would be required.

Or is future content not going to require sword and board tanks? are you selectively removing these roles from having any function in the game?

it appears to be very very limited in its introduction and makes me fear the worst for tanking going forward or shows that you are not worried about pve aspects of warrior play
    Last edited by Narbs; 02-15-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    Evangelian - Altered Delusions - Laethys

General of Telara

Searched all through the PTS and there are STILL no commendations vendors? Can anyone verify?
    Korvac the conquerer.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast