Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT 4.1: FORGED IN FLAME

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    @Noobly: The best of the thread already!

@TRION: The new raid will have 4 bosses, it's January 28th and the patch will come March 1st; only some players have tested the first one. So my question is, how do you think to get the 4 bosses ready in around 31 days from now after everything we've seen until now with new content?

Sadly it was the first thing that cross my mind when i read the post i'm losing my faith and it is not good at all for a Cleric
    The plan is to have 2 more bosses on PTS next week.
    Amber Alexander - Producer - RIFT

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    The honest answer is if LFR isn't working by then, yes I would expect that there would be a portal. But with that said, getting LFR and the fortress siege fixed is a top priority. The additional zone will not be with 4.1 but it is heavily being worked on. Intrepid ROTP is a 10-man raid through LFR. I don't know if Tartaric Sauce is an achievement but I seriously hope it is!
    Wooooo thanks Gingers!

Intrepid Gyel Fortress is already well into development and will release in February, but 4.1 will bring Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix as well! This brings yet another level 70 challenge to the game.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

First let me premise my next statement(s) by saying that I am in no way trying to be snarky, sarcastic, or negative. I am just going to be asking real questions that are in my thoughts. I hope they come across as I want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    Forged in Flame brings with it a new 10-man raid: Tartartic Depths. This fiery prison was created by the devils to imprison the Red Flight - to ensure that no dragon would ever hold sway over them again, as Maelforge once did.
    Rituals conducted within the Tartaric Depths have created Malannon, an avatar of the Tenebrean god, The Enigma. Some of you have glimpsed one of the four bosses on the Public Test Shard already, and there are three more to come.

Tartaric Depths is accessed through our new Looking For Raid (LFR system), already in game and being fine tuned as we approach 4.1.
    What is being done to make sure that this is not like the last few big items and broken on release?
    I am just being honest here, my fear is that if this releases as did Sieges and etc have, it will damage the rift player base to the point that it will become no fun anymore.

Forged in Flame will also see the introduction of the long awaited Eternal Items! These unique weapons will be earned (and improved) through a level 70 questline. Developing your Eternal weapon will require you to complete many challenges, such as sealing rifts, conquering jumping puzzles and vanquishing monsters. Every Eternal Item is truly "Best in Slot," providing an unmatched degree of power.
    Is it really neccessary to place such a requirement on a weapon? There are many that despise puzzles, can not do them due to disabilities, etc. I fully understand an support requirements such as rifts, raids, killing X number of this and that. But puzzles? This should be seriously reconsidered.

Clerics, Mages, Warriors and Primalists will gain a 2-handed Eternal weapon, while Rogues will earn two one-handed Eternal weapons. On very rare occasions, Eternal armor pieces and additional weapons will also drop in Telara, and can be improved through the Active Upgrade system.
    So cleric, mages, and warriors are stuck with no opportunity to get an Eternal Weapon in or for there preferred or maybe in BIS spec? How is this close even close to realistic? For example in order to use an eternal weapon a Cleric would be forced to play a spec or role that uses a 2 hander. Essentially removing any choice from what spec or role to play. What about tanks? They do not use two handers either.

Intrepid Gyel Fortress is already well into development and will release in February, but 4.1 will bring Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix as well! This brings yet another level 70 challenge to the game.
    Even though I sometimes loath rehashes / reskins (my interpretation- taking the easy road to claiming newer content), I completely understand this and still support it.

Finally, we are bringing exciting tint improvements to the wardrobe system! Colors will be much more accurate to the dye selected; more vibrant and appealing. New colors will also make an appearance!
    It is nice to see some fun / qol changes to other aspects than just raiding, etc.

There is no additional charge for this update - it will be accessible to all who have invested in Starfall Prophecy. We'll bring you more information as we march toward launch. Watch for articles and livestreams to come!
    This statement is going to get a lot of grief, just sayin.

As I stated previously, I am not trying to be super negative or anything, I am just asking real questions that are on my mind. I have been with Rift since the beginning, and I hate to see it in its current state of Morale.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Yes the plan is that Intrepid RotP will be a raid that is accessed through the LFR system. I'm not sure if this will have more than one mode so I can't answer that part.
    Saw this in the other thread in general and if that's the case then i'm fine with it. LFR means it will just be something to do for more casual people. I was more concerned about it if it was going to be almost equal to or maybe even higher than Tier 1. Then there would be a big problem considering we spent a large chunk of nightmare Tide with rehashed tiers.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix as well!
    I was really hoping for Intrepid: Primeval Feast
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    The Real Rift Community Discord! Check It Out!
    Check out the New Rift Reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/ Be Constructive!

There is no additional charge for this update - it will be accessible to all who have invested in Starfall Prophecy.
    Thank you for "confirming" this, although not sure what is the point of stating this. Unless subsequent updates are subject to additional charges? Or an attempt at subtle sarcasm?

Ewa
    Telaran

Default 4.1 10 Man Raid

Thank you for 10 Man Raid. Can't wait!

I hope hardmode will be available on release.

Rift Disciple

So, Trion ala Vladd or whoever, you are effectively killing dual wielding? So what is the point for those of us who do dual wield to pursue these Eternal stuff? As has been pointed out what about tanks? Why do rogues get to dual wield?

Puzzles? Seriously?! Puzzles to upgrade a item? Why? I am all for killing x number of ordinary critters or y number of rares or kill z number of dungeons/raids bosses but puzzles? As a general rule I loathe and despise puzzles. There had best be something unique and compelling not just about the rewards but about the puzzle itself to entice those of us who hate them to try them.

Tartaric Depth Boss had best be more of a challenge then the current Queens Foci Hexa...whatever. For crying out loud Zone Event bosses are tougher then he is. Also would recommend that you tone down the charge requirements. 5 a run is a bit steep since you only get 3 a day if your patron.

LFR may be working but the wait time is incredibly long. This may be due to PUGs going in via the portal. Can't tell you . But if you want the LFR to work do something about the wait or everyone will just PUG it. How do 10 people from a guild managed to stay together and use LFR? Or will they be using the portal.

Rise of the Phoenix? If this is new content and not rehashed content great. If it is rehashed, meh.

I am mildly intrigued about new content coming. But I think the march 1 date is too ambitious. This doesn't feel like it is being driven by content developers who have to make it work. This feels more like a reaction from the top to something. To what I am not sure. Bad sales? Negative Press? Dwindling community? Hostile community? Sun spots? Phases of the moon? Who knows!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Moril View Post

Rise of the Phoenix? If this is new content and not rehashed content great. If it is rehashed, meh.
    If you don't know that its an old lvl 50 raid then it doesn't matter if it is because you've never done it.
    Last edited by Rage09; 01-28-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    Dorikan
    <Nefarious>

Rift Disciple

conquering jumping puzzles

No, please? Pretty please?

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #27

Quote Originally Posted by Letobrick View Post
    Thank you for "confirming" this, although not sure what is the point of stating this. Unless subsequent updates are subject to additional charges? Or an attempt at subtle sarcasm?
    Neither, it was stated because we knew that if we didn't included that information then some players would ask.
    Amber Alexander - Producer - RIFT

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Puzzles? Seriously?! Puzzles to upgrade a item? Why? I am all for killing x number of ordinary critters or y number of rares or kill z number of dungeons/raids bosses but puzzles?
    I think the best compromise would be to offer a choice of different routes, you can do either X number of Puzzles or do X number of Experts or Warfronts or kill X amount of goblins, everyone can then pick their path and all is good.

They done it last year during the 5th Anniversary Carnival with the cloak reward, first it was complete a little puzzle inside your Dimension, some people didn't like it so they offered an alternative way to finish the quest, so two choices.

Rise of the Phoenix? If this is new content and not rehashed content great.
    If you've never experienced General Silgen at his peak and they tune it same as his original level 50 badness, you're in for a treat.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I think the best compromise would be to offer a choice of different routes, you can do either X number of Puzzles or do X number of Experts or Warfronts or kill X amount of goblins, everyone can then pick their path and all is good.

They done it last year during the 5th Anniversary Carnival with the cloak reward, first it was complete a little puzzle inside your Dimension, some people didn't like it so they offered an alternative way to finish the quest, so two choices.
    This, please.
    I never finished the nightmare saga because I couldn't do the angel room thing... I don't want another saga with a puzzle blocking thing.

If you've never experienced General Silgen at his peak and they tune it same as his original level 50 badness, you're in for a treat.
    haha
    Rise of the phoenix was a very good raid, and a 10 man one, so good news to see it back.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    LFR means it will just be something to do for more casual people.
    Tartaric Depths is also going to use LFR. I believe LFR is just something that will be an available feature for all future raids and won't necessarily be an indicator of level of difficulty.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast