+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree1043Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT FAE YULE SNOBUILD Contest!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default RIFT FAE YULE SNOBUILD Contest!

Join us over the holiday break and build a unique Fae Yule creation! We have prizes for all participants and some pretty sweet rewards for the winners! Even if you’ve never tried Dimensioneering, this is a great opportunity to explore your creative side!

On the Dec 16th RIFT Livestream, Brasse invited some experienced Dimensioneers (and one befuddled Elf) to strut their stuff and create sculptures, using nothing but snowman parts, in a mere 30 minutes! We’ve included some of these builds in this article to show you what you can do with very limited time and limited components.

Now we’re giving YOU almost two weeks to create a RIFT Fae Yule SnoBuild! Take up the challenge!

Some may choose to build a sculptural scene, while others will stick with a single sculpture – make your Fae Yule SnoBuild YOUR way! The background will not be included in judging, so no need to build out your entire dimension.

Snowman parts are brand new for Fae Yule this year. You don’t have to include Snowman parts in your sculpture, but we wanted to give you some great inspiration with the screenshots here. There are six different body parts, four arm styles, four carrot nose styles and even coal for the eyes!

The Fae Yult Kit: Snowman is found on the RIFT Store in game, under “World Event. It contains 30 pieces, and is available for 600 Unique Snowflakes (Fae Yule event currency) or 315 Credits.

Prizes:
    • Every valid entry will receive a special Dimension Item Pack after the contest closes.
    • The top ten entrants will win a Fae Yule Levitation mount!
    • The Grand Prize winner will be selected from the top ten and will also win a year’s worth of RIFT Patron Status!

GUIDELINES, RULES AND STUFF:
    OFFICIAL RULES ARE LINKED HERE. The super-short, condensed version is below, but the much more detailed official rules are binding.

Dates: 12:01am PST Tuesday, December 20th, 2016, through 11:59pm PST, Monday, January 2nd, 2017

Build a Fae Yule sculpture or scene within your dimension, using any dimension parts you wish, but don’t lose sight of the theme. Make it as small or as elaborate as you like. With two weeks to do it in, we are sure you can come up with something incredible!

Please respond to THIS thread with your entry, consisting of up to four screenshots of your Fae Yule SnoBuild. One entry per account!

The builds will be judged after entries close.

The RIFT Team shall award each Entry a number of points based upon the following 100 point scale: 0-50 points for creativity; 0-25 points for originality; and 0-25 points for adherence to the guidelines.

To be eligible to enter the Contest, as of the time you submit your Entry, you must:
    • Be at least 18 years of age (minors may enter through their legal guardian); and
    • Have an active Trion Worlds account, a RIFT Forum account in good standing, Internet access, an email account and access to a personal computer; and
    • Not have won a prize in a contest from Trion within the last twelve (12) months (Livestream awards do not count, as those are not official contests); and
    • Open to residents worldwide excluding residents of: Quebec, Canada, Brazil and Italy (hey, we don’t make the rules!). Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes.

While we’re at it, I’d like to give a shoutout to two community-run contests also going on right now:
    Fae Yule Dimension GIVEAWAY Challenge, hosted by Nouvae of The Dimension Gallery - Deadline December 29, 2016
    “Radical Botanical" Garden Competition, hosted by Bella - Deadline January 29, 2017

Well now, it’s time to break out your toolkit and get building!
    ;-)#
    Brasse

Ps. Thanks again to our all our Dec 16th Livestream builders: Kitasia, Feendish, Aeryle, Gwyndeth, Sparklynn, Audzilla and Wren!
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

Yay! I started right after the stream so I could submit before leaving for the holidays! I am happy I had more than 30 minutes too..kudos to you all for building so well under pressure! lol The squirrel is made using parts only from the snowman kits.

(ps, I am not seeing the normal "attachment" option for photos, only an image link. I hope these will still work!)

Dear Greatfather Archonix Frost,

All I want under my Fae Yule tree, is a
    Reindeer Squirrel!

Happy Holidays to all, and Happy Fae Yule!
    Blythe, Faeblight

dimension: Squirrel Snowman - FB

002 by Mary Cavanaugh, on Flickr

006 by Mary Cavanaugh, on Flickr

004 by Mary Cavanaugh, on Flickr

005 by Mary Cavanaugh, on Flickr
    Last edited by BlytheElf; 12-21-2016 at 08:27 AM. Reason: fixing pictures
    Dims by Blythe@FB: Heat Miser & Snow Miser - Margaritaville - Winter's Garden - RP Rustic Pub - Weekend Log Cabin - Brasse Beards 'n Ale - Starry, Kelari Sands

Quebec, Canada, Brazil and Italy (hey, we don’t make the rules!). Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes.
    ??????????

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    ??????????
    Do you not know about Skill Testing Questions? You're Canadian. You should know these things.

Edit: or were you referring to the fact that Canadian residents are excluded yet the STQ comment was still made?
    Last edited by Artewig; 12-19-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds
    Being at Trion means being open to giving and receiving honest feedback. It means playing the hell out of our own games. It means listening to and being a part of teams who are always inventing, refining, and making things as good as they can be. It means always getting better and having an eternal willingness to learn and evolve. It means being our own worst critics

Fun contest! Presenting Lord Arak's Nightmare Yule where enslaved angels pull Greatfather Frost's sleigh:

Built in my in-progress Quasar Foundry dim for Serein@Faeblight
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP

Rift Disciple

I'm submitting Storytime with Santa for the contest. Enjoy the 'belly POV'!

Eilani, Onik, Ingrede, Kupai Officer in <Nordvegr> of Faeblight twitch.tv/seawitchgaming

Rift Chaser

"You don’t have to include Snowman parts in your sculpture, but we wanted to give you some great inspiration with the screenshots here. "

Just want a clarification please. I thought we were to only use the snowman parts as they did in the stream.
    Last edited by Marnth; 12-20-2016 at 03:08 AM.
    New Dims: The Old Daly Place, Andy, Key Marnth, and AREA 39 @Laethys

Soulwalker

Default Snow Angels

I also thought we were to only use snowman parts, so that is what I went with Here is my entry- Snow Angels.

Anjealous- Greybriar
    Dimension: Snowglobe

Soulwalker

Default Fae Yule snowbuild entry

all men and women will bow before Crucia and her legion
    even the snow kind

username: Fruytk@Laethys
    dim: subzero
    Last edited by fruytk; 12-20-2016 at 06:47 AM.

I built a tenebrean snowman.

Red face Gingerbread land!

My dimension is called Gingerbread Land! by ikiaa@Faeblight

Last edited by Sarlenslava; 12-20-2016 at 03:55 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Wow, some incredible entries already! I will be using these on social media for RIFT over the holiday break. =)

Contest regional exclusions: yep, due to contest laws in many countries, we cannot accept entries from them. Canadians can only enter if they are willing to answer a skill testing question (even though building itself is a skill, we are required to subject them to math).

Snowman parts: the original intent was to use snowman parts only (as we did on the livestream), but because of the fact that you do have to buy the parts from the store (via Fae Yule currency or credits), I had to remove the requirement because contests need to run with "no purchase necessary," and it was a bit of a grey area - you can only farm so many unique snowflakes to buy the snowmen packs.

Brasse

Rift Chaser

Thank you for the clarification.
    New Dims: The Old Daly Place, Andy, Key Marnth, and AREA 39 @Laethys

Default Snow Santa!

Santa handing out presents to Ascended!

Build by Aisha@Faeblight
    Dim Owner: Aisha@Faeblight
    Dim Name: Bridgeview Apt.

Default Hound's Christmas

Astalia-Faeblight
    Dimension-Subzero-Hound's Christmas