+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
Like Tree1043Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT FAE YULE SNOBUILD Contest!

Quote Originally Posted by MrChaos View Post
    while i am grateful to get this "special dimension item pack" nothing feels very special about it. its literally all the same stuff, that i had to grind, getting snowflakes to buy for the dimension build content. Also no hate to people who actually won, but how was this contest judged exactly? there are people who won, that if you were to look at their build outside of this contest forum, you would have no idea that their build is even fae yule related. it seems more like they won just because it was a "cool build"
    It's a fairly common reaction (I'm guilty of it), because everyone has their own personal opinion, but I learnt quickly when I delved into the dimension world that there's a particular way things work and it's fairly meticulous, so credit to that. Personally I thought the top 10 were well deserved, but again that's a personal opinion, you've just got to take it with a pinch of salt (or even learn from it if you're competitive ;)).

In terms of the prizes, they were pretty generous! 10 snowman kits! That's awesome. And what's with the Resplendent Gift Pile?! I've never seen that item before!!

Could anyone fill me in where this is from?!

Pretty chuffed with the hellbug too.
    Last edited by Refuge; 01-11-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    It's a fairly common reaction (I'm guilty of it), because everyone has their own personal opinion, but I learnt quickly when I delved into the dimension world that there's a particular way things work and it's fairly meticulous, so credit to that. Personally I thought the top 10 were well deserved, but again that's a personal opinion, you've just got to take it with a pinch of salt (or even learn from it if you're competitive ;)).

In terms of the prizes, they were pretty generous! 10 snowman kits! That's awesome. And what's with the Resplendent Gift Pile?! I've never seen that item before!!

You know, this was a very solid response, i think the top 11 had really nice builds, just because i didnt agree with the winners does not mean i dont think they had bad builds :P you response actually made me feel better about the situation, and made me see it from another point of view, so thanks!

Congrats to the winners!

But I also didn't receive my dim-pack. My snowman wasn't very beautiful, but I think it was at least a valid entry.

Rift Disciple

Congrats to winners, thanks all for the fun!
    Cylendra@Faeblight. Aka Jairone. Aka Desidar. Aka Yseniel. Aka... darn it, I have an alt problem okay?
    Baker of many noms! Also, oddly enough, eater of many noms! Who'da thunk it!

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post

Nice advice Refuge

To answer your question about the Resplendent Gift Pile, you can see it in game near the Wedding Vendors in Tempest Bay and from what I've heard, this dimension item will be in the game in the future. It was just a little advance special item that Tacitus put together for the giveaway. So look for them again soon.

Dimension Gallery - Browse & search for player created dimensions

Rift Disciple

I received the Festive Levitation Mount in my in-game mail today. Thanks!

Eilani, Onik, Ingrede, Kupai Officer in <Nordvegr> of Faeblight twitch.tv/seawitchgaming

Quote Originally Posted by Zeamage View Post
    so much complaining.... why bother? The winners all made something great, either yule themed or using yule items
    I was initially disappointed, as I'm sure many of you were. We all worked hard on this, so that's a natural reaction. Happy for the winners, they earned it. I've learned so much what a lot of you have done, and looking forward to the next contest

Quote Originally Posted by Zeamage View Post
    and the dimension pack was amazing, any dimmer will be excited about getting so many snowman kits, i know i was, all those shapes and sizes has endless possibilities.
    I was expecting maybe one of those to be in the pack...but 10. I was like "Sweet!!" You are so right. the possibilities for those textures are endless. I would love it if they put out similar packs in other colors too.
    Last edited by ArcticGypsy; 01-13-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Grats to all who won

i am also still waiting for my participation gift, but hopefully it will arrive soon

Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    Grats to all who won

i am also still waiting for my participation gift, but hopefully it will arrive soon
    Poly did you double check in your bag? It didn't come from the mail, it was already in my bag. My icon was a red stocking.

Bella
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

Quote Originally Posted by DLPS View Post
    Poly did you double check in your bag? It didn't come from the mail, it was already in my bag. My icon was a red stocking.

Bella
    Yes; Zeamage told me it was in her bags, but there has been nothing in my bags, I keep checking them several time a day .

Edit:
    I have now checked every single character I have on every shard, both NA and EU, just in case it was in the bags of the wrong character, sadly still no luck
    Last edited by polynomia; 01-15-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    We are definitely going to post a recap of the winning entries as a blog post (and link that to socials), but for now, here is the list... and I am SO GLAD that I didn't have to take part in selecting them, they are so darn good!

All eligible entries will receive a special Dimension Pack. =)

Top Ten:
    Blythe@Faeblight “Squirrel Snowman”
    Onik@Faeblight “Storytime With Santa”
    Nouvae@Hailol “Silversnow Village”
    Tesala@Faeblight “Snow Queen’s Castle”
    BiotoxGaming “LadyBeards for RIFTmas”
    Wintercharm@Hailol “Rise of the Snow Queen”
    Arsury@ Zaviel “Very Fae Yule… & Gnomes!”
    Hiruma@Gelidra “Shhh!”
    Holly@Faeblight “Bogling Fae Yule”
    Taffi@Wolfsbane “Snow Globe”

Grand Prize:
    Hyoza@Deepwood “Let it Snowman!”

Thank you all SO much. We will do our best to award all prizes next week, when CM Morgana is back in office!
    ;-)#
    Brasse
    Grats to the winners and thanks for the consolation prize. Why isn't Taffi@Wolfsbane's "Snow Globe" on your blog post? You already named it as a winning entry so even if it is because it's actually in 11th place instead of 10th when you add the Grand Prize winner to the list it should still be shown, imo. Not his/her fault you can't count.

Soulwalker

Congrats to winners

I'm in the same boat as Polynomia. I haven't received my participation award either.
    Dimensions on Faeblight
    Out of Bounds | Zea`Lynn the Emerald Feend | Matter of Life & Death

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11