Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree34Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A word on the recent disconnections and lag

Soulwalker

lag is unreal and i seem to be suffering roll back...........put in a bug report 2 days ago no reply yet............i've about had enough i'm ready to quit rift and walk away from trion

Soulwalker

Feeling the same way about quitting - wanted to give SFP at go but cant even seem to stay on long enough to collect from and send off my minions... this has been almost a month for me and it's really disappointing..

Rift Disciple

Today's patch reintroduced horrible lag and incessant disconnects making the game unplayable.

Seriously, your game disconnects me about every 3-5 minutes.. Completely unplayable. Even your web site is super slow.. Every thing else I connect to is fine on the internet.. Everything!
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Soulwalker

I've been crashing several times a day for the last couple of days. The lag is monstrous. I really like this game and I'm going to hang and give it time but I hope it gets fixed soon. The game doesn't have the population we want it to have. We surely don't need to loose people because of these issues. If the problem is entirely DDOS attacks then work out something with your Service providers to block the attacks on their side. It might require some hardware but blocking it on the end user side doesn't do much to stop the actual attacks.

Once again.. Non stop crashing. Can only stay in the game a few min. and even when trying to connect to this forum to post, it took me almost 2 minutes just to get to this point!

-----------------------------------------
    This site canít be reached

forums.riftgame.com took too long to respond.
    Go to http://riftgame.com/
    Search Google for forums rift game members one button
    ------------------------------------------

NOTE: Every other site i go to is instant. Every other game is instant.
    Fix this plz.
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Default We ALL Bundle

FPS (4), LATENCY (75) in SFP, Margle, Tempest Bay.
    Load Screens, Bird Cages over NPC's & Players.
    Players?! I see heads & feet.

Much to do, so little time.

Rift Disciple

Default Burnt Biscuits

Yes the lag and disconnects are beyond annoying . I don't think I have been in a planar assault or dungeon where someone in the group hasn't lagged or DCed . Think the biggest thing that really burns the biscuits is being in Cue for an Expert Dungeon as DPS or Support which takes FOREVER anyways , just to DC and have to recue and start the wait all over again . I have no idea what the issues with Trion are , all I can say is out of all the MMOs I have played over the years I have never had these kind of endless issues with any other game . Even the little things , for example I have a glowing ki rin mount . I can sit there in Tempest Bay and watch the glow effect come and go , on and off . This same issue also , on a more serious note , affects the AOE ground effects from mobs and bosses in Dungeons , so you can be standing in something and have no clue . I have been playing rift since near the beginning , the first toon I ever made is still my favorite , and still my main . I have been patron for the majority of that time and despite all the issues I still prefer Rift over the other games I have played , but you seriously need to invest some of the money you are making into getting these issues resolved or even us diehard Rifters will have had enough and move on .

Shadowlander

Default I too am still experiencing lag and disconnects

I find myself avoiding dungeons and even rifts that I should be able to solo. And yes, one of the worst experiences, as the poster above stated, is not seeing the aoe rings either at all or until it is too late. It's not a pleasant experience to first die from the invisible aoe and then get ridiculed in raid chat for being dumb to stand there and die like a noob. I have only been playing this game for a couple of months, but I was expecting more stability and polish from a game out for this long. Also, I still get disconnected every 5 minutes when downloading updates and the starfall expansion. I've tried every suggestion I have found on the web, filed a ticket and followed the support suggestions to no avail. My computer runs great in every other aspect and with all other games. Period.

-G

Soulwalker

yep, being disconnected every 5-10 minutes

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6