Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A word on the recent disconnections and lag

Quote Originally Posted by Felinae View Post
    Here we go again , reminds hubby and I of that other game and the ddos attacks it suffered regularly.
    U mean EQ, EQ2, DaoC, UA, GW, GW2, Lineage, L2, gPotato, PWI, webgems, webzen, aeria, DN, Maestia, Divine Souls, SOE, EA, Blizzard, Westwood ...

Thumbs up I Approve that message!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuasemper View Post
    South central Louisiana is still having d'c. Just in case that helps pin point the issue for around here.

Like others have said, thanks for keeping us updated. It's annoying having this problem, but it does make it a bit better knowing what's going on & when. It's appreciated.
    it is nationwide, it affects anyone internationally if they try and connect to NA. This issue is a low level hack on the country network in the US and will not be easily or quickly resolved outside of CCVPNs

The US Intelligence sector has been trying since 21 Oct 2016 when it was identified that hackers were planning to target the 31 states using online voting.

These actions have clogged, disruppted, bottle necked, and flat out shut down many servers including google, facebook, comcast and many others

this is unfortunate and the developers at trion wish to make it up to us which is an amazingly generous offer considering they are not directly responsible.

lets keep are heads and continue making useful feedback as this player has done

Getting issues now on EU shards as well..

Trouble logging into game.

Hopefully things will be fixed when Starfall launches..

Rift Disciple

One could wish these problems would be fixed by when the expac comes out but I believe its going to get worse before it gets better

Since Wednesday the game is completly unplayable. Internet works fine for everything else but RIFT and any trion related website (sometimes connects and dcs 5 min after, then won't connect again, complete **** tbh). For how long more will this be going on? Are we going to have to handle this right with the xpac release? Any news? Because its really unstable right now and we are 3 days away from the xpac...
    Last edited by IcedMaf; 11-13-2016 at 03:47 PM.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I am sure you will be just as glad as us when this troublesome period is over.

I have just taken the approach of not logging in as much these past several days and cleaning my house instead. My family thinks I have gone insane ! lol

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #37

3:00 PM, November 14 Update

Hey all, we have a new update on our progress in tackling these recent network issues. Over the weekend our network team performed a variety of mitigation steps to make your experience better, and we’re happy to report that those steps have improved our stability. Some of you have also let us know that things have been better during your play over the weekend. However, the underlying causes of these issues have still not been fully fixed, and our team is still tackling the problem. You may continue to see some infrequent drops or continued periods of lag in the days to come.

We know that many of you have been impacted by all of these issues, and we’re sorry that they’ve impacted your play in the first place. Compensation packages will be sent after our network is back at 100% and everyone can reliably enjoy their favorite games, with a caveat: in RIFT's case, we will advise of the package components after Starfall Prophecy launches, as that huge behemoth needs to get to the finish line!

We’d rather not send them early, so we can make sure we’re fairly making these packages based on how long this process may take.

Thank you for adventuring in all of our worlds, even through this period of issues. We appreciate having each and every one of you here, and we’ll get this fixed so you can go back to the important stuff: endless adventure!

Sincerely,
    Your Friends at Trion Worlds
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

Midnight here and haven't been able to access NA shards for the past hours.

Rift forum seemed down as well, trying to log in on glyph gave all errors in the book.. 2022, 2025, 1013, 1038...

Some info... https://blog.radware.com/security/20...n-the-darknet/

This was publiced juli 2016, but apparently some 3 weeks ago other botnet activities/software/sourcecodes were published (again), resulting in issues with connectivity. Apparently not everybody recognizes or deletes malware/phishing mail in time..

Sometimes still getting d/c which can prevent me from logging for hours. Can't view anything trion related and have to use vpn to read stuff. Everything else running as normal
    Harrisonford

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Nowadays you don't even need a Botnet to bring big servers down, a single laptop with a very good connection can do it.

http://thehackernews.com/2016/11/dos...-firewall.html

Plane Walker

Default Patron discounts?

"we will advise of the package components after Starfall Prophecy launches"

I really hope consideration will be given to granting some patron access time as part of the compensation.
    As I don't subscribe, my patronship is ensured by the purchase of bundles of credits to be used for patron passes.
    Being unable to access the game long enough to purchase a pass, I was sent an email explaining that patron had expired.

I wonder how many of these automated emails have been sent out recently.

So I no longer have the option to buy the patron pass at patron discount.

Shadowlander

i realy hope ya'll dont delay the starfall release cuz some people like me actualy took vacation of work for it, so i would not only be pissed if it gets delayed but in a killing spree mood ;)

Chimm@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmie View Post
    i realy hope ya'll dont delay the starfall release cuz some people like me actualy took vacation of work for it
    Tss... Trion advised people not to do this ;)

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWibble View Post
    trion should for once actualy stick to a date they say!

Chimm@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWibble View Post
    Trion ALWAYS advises people NOT to do this every time they have a big release. Yet, inevitably, people do it anyway and if sh%t goes south they want to cry that they wasted their days off for nothing. lol

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast