Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A word on the recent disconnections and lag

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Hey folks,

With the network connection issues over the last few days we know many of you are concerned with your Patron status or just lost time playing in Telara. This has been a bad experience all around for you guys and for us. We want to let everyone know the plan moving forward into the weekend.
    • We're putting together compensation for everyone who has logged in since these issues started. This is something we'll post once we've resolved the issue and everyone is able to get in and play normally. Until then, there's no sense trying to predict how much we need to account for.
    • Until the network issue is completely resolved we will have ongoing disconnects. We have people watching around the clock and will do everything we can to get the games up and running as quickly as possible when we do come offline.

Our network team is working to resolve these issues all day, even on weekends. If we do have disconnects, rest assured we're on it and it's our top priority. Please hang in there a bit longer.
    We're all in this together!
    Brasse

Default I Approve These Messages

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Thank you for continuing to work on the issue!
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Kendun View Post
    Thank you, communication makes it easier to patiently await resolution.
    very much

Quote Originally Posted by Shanoah View Post
    We appreciate the information. Thank you! -It would be nice if you could add an in-game or glyph message so people have an idea that you're aware of it and working on it. Most people don't check the forums.
    very true

Quote Originally Posted by mythicaly View Post
    ty for letting us know what is up

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    We're still working to resolve the network issues across our entire platform. Due to the frequency of outages over the last few hours we've decided to lock down all of the NA RIFT Shards.

Thanks for your continued patience as work through these issues.
    thank you for keeping the few of us in the forums informed so we can text our guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by hasited View Post
    thank you for the update the past 2 days have been infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylversage View Post
    Thanks for keeping players in the loop. I saw that Dev TrionBrasse posted elsewhere that Trion is working with Comcast on some of the issues outside of the data center. It's not just Comcast customers being effected. Verizon customers are suffering as well. I was experiencing latency as high as 25000ms earlier today. Just a heads up for you Trion Team!
    There are portions of Washington State that could not even use 911 through Verizon the net hacking is getting so bad from those trying to undo the election via the 31 states using online voting. My whole town is at the end of a Comcast hub connecting us to the Comcast Backbone hub nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    You can actually follow the Comcast issues in real time on this map, Dallas is marked as having "issues" but i see a lot of very "hot spots" around mainland USA as well

http://downdetector.com/status/comca...s-at-comcast-2
    Be safe and check the news as rioting, looting, protesting both peaceful and violent and militia activity have been noted since the conclussion of the election in the Intelligence Sector, if you are in a big metropolitan area with major political burroughs be sure to remain inside as much as you can despite Rift being down and making you bored enough to go see what the sun looks like.

Can the package please not include boost potions? You don't want to know how many used ones I have in my main bank, when I have bought zero.

Hubby and I are finding the same thing 5 or so minutes of game play then disconnect. Forum is down during that cycle then boom good again. We are in Canada and have had this issue all day.

Still having issues logging in and staying logged in.

I live in Europe and play on EU and NA shards

EU was fine last night (currently 4am local time), but trying to log in on NA shards is not fun.

So I wonder if this affects all players in NA and the Xserver players EU <> NA, but perhaps not (anymore) the EU players on EU shards?

Everything seems cleared up, hubby and I were able to enjoy several hours of gaming. Glad you were able to get everything fixed again.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Felinae View Post
    Everything seems cleared up, hubby and I were able to enjoy several hours of gaming. Glad you were able to get everything fixed again.
    Agree, had a horrible morning continuing into this afternoon (yes I am a glutton for punishment, trying to finish up Sparkles) when I finally gave up. Tried again ~7:30 P.M EST and have had no disconnects, it's now 12:38 A.M. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Wylf; 11-11-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Champion

EU had 2 major outages Sunday afternoon & prime time and it is still very laggy. But compensation is aimed at NA .. obviously we are well down the pecking order although we pay more.

Ascendant

I do hope the issues will also be checked for EU ... it's so annoying to not be able to login again and again .... Thanks for keeping us updated

Shadowlander

Default Disconnects all day Friday

This is a shame on a long weekend and right before an expac launch.

I had to decline a raid invite, got dropped in the middle of an artifact zone event after potting up and missed it by the time I got back on and missed helping out on a guild quest. Nothing life changing, but this connection issue made its presence known all day Friday.

This patron is hoping you resolve this soon!

Have you dusted the servers for spiders?

-G

Saturday update: Early morning (PST) was fine. The rest of the day has so far been a no go. Trion Forums also taking very long load times to display a page. Internet and all my other games playing fine, in fact quite zippy today. I'm off to other worlds to have fun. Will try again another day.

-G
    Last edited by Galadhlinn; 11-12-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Soulwalker

its also rogers in canada...............getting frustrating

Cannot get logged in but it still loads game and gives me access to NA but refuses to find my account on PTS, this is getting kind of scary looking to my 60$ investment being available to me anytime soon

rogers canada here also and late last night it became steady and this morning also. We had some lunch did a few things and once again boards were down and glyph would not come up just kept timing out.

Here we go again , reminds hubby and I of that other game and the ddos attacks it suffered regularly.

South central Louisiana is still having d'c. Just in case that helps pin point the issue for around here.

Like others have said, thanks for keeping us updated. It's annoying having this problem, but it does make it a bit better knowing what's going on & when. It's appreciated.
    Dimensions: TORTURE CHAMBER ( 10/2014 ) on Wolfsbane by Tuasemper
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Wolfsbane by Elleeander

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast