+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Connectivity issues today - it's not you, it's not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipheron49 View Post
    I went through the steps of this tutorial and thank you very much for it, however my system is trying to save it as a txt file and also I cannot find a way to open it as admin despite checking its properties and right clicking on it, the folder above it etc
    Im using windows 10, when you go to save it there is a default of .txt, the dropdown right below it should be changed to all files. Also if using windows 10, right click on notepad, go to where it say more, run as administrator.
    Last edited by Alandar; 10-21-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Shadowlander

I went through the steps of this tutorial and thank you very much for it, however my system is trying to save it as a txt file and also I cannot find a way to open it as admin despite checking its properties and right clicking on it, the folder above it etc
    Save the file somewhere else, rename it and move it to the etc folder overwriting the existing one.

Soulwalker

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Alandar View Post
    Im using windows 10, when you go to save it there is a default of .txt, the dropdown right below it should be changed to all files.
    thank you that got me closer now as to the access denied that pops up now

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Klosax View Post
    Save the file somewhere else, rename it and move it to the etc folder overwriting the existing one.
    tried that it made the file a txt anyways and then put an additional hosts.txt under the all files version in the folder

General of Telara

I knew i should have left the game open before leaving. darn it.

thank you that got me closer now as to the access denied that pops up now
    You are not running notepad as administrator.

As a sidenote I did tech support for years The most rewarding experience was getting someone who barely could hit the power button on a tv to solve their issues, and not talk down, but explain to them on their level. But i guess thats why some people are more engineers and not people persons.

Soulwalker

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hello, friends! We know that some of you are experiencing connectivity issues. We wish we could help more but the problem lies with DDOS attacks going on between you and us (they are not happening on our sservers).
    Hang in there!
    ~Brasse

Followup: Google DDOS, Dyn and DNS today and you can read up on the latest, just like we are.
    Seriously bad people out there.
    can still get on PTS but not NA

Rift Disciple

Glyph does not use ip directly, but instead relies on fully working DNS servers. If the DNS does not reply successfully Glyph will lock up..

A temporary work-around would be to manually add the failing dns lookup ip's to your hosts file located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (you may need admin to edit this)

Add these lines:

184.51.150.98 rift-update.dyn.triongames.com
    184.51.126.106 glyph.dyn.triongames.com

That solved it for me anyway.
    Thanks for this. Worked for me, and I prefer this solution to changing my DNS server, since only Rift is affected for me.

Champion of Telara

this sucks, and I sure as heck am not going to start messing with stuff...that always leads me to dark and dangerous territories. I can wait. But at least I'm still laughing about the term 'meatbags'
    Last edited by SmidgePlays; 10-21-2016 at 12:21 PM.
    Smidge
    <Guess>
    Wolfsbane

Glyph does not use ip directly, but instead relies on fully working DNS servers. If the DNS does not reply successfully Glyph will lock up..

A temporary work-around would be to manually add the failing dns lookup ip's to your hosts file located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (you may need admin to edit this)

Add these lines:

184.51.150.98 rift-update.dyn.triongames.com
    184.51.126.106 glyph.dyn.triongames.com

That solved it for me anyway.
    thank you for helping out others. I am too scared to do this although it seems like it worked for others lol.. I am really bad with computer stuff, so I guess I will wait until things are fixed naturally. But thanks for helping others
    Supertrampz, Snowflakes keep falling on my head!
    Member of the 42,000 Achievement Points Club!@@!
    Huge fan of all one-button specs!@@! Keep it simple, stupid!
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!

Soulwalker

Thanks - editing the hosts file worked for me...

Soulwalker

thanks dude that worked for me

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SmidgePlays View Post
    this sucks, and I sure as heck am not going to start messing with stuff...that always leads me to dark and dangerous territories. I can wait. But at least I'm still laughing about the term 'meatbags'
    We are all 'meatbags' here.

At this moment, and a bit before, things returned to normal. No need of editing Host file now, you can login glyph as always. Another thing is knowing if the DNS trouble will happen again in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hello, friends! We know that some of you are experiencing connectivity issues. We wish we could help more but the problem lies with DDOS attacks going on between you and us (they are not happening on our sservers).
    Hang in there!
    ~Brasse

Followup: Google DDOS, Dyn and DNS today and you can read up on the latest, just like we are.
    Seriously bad people out there.

I'm having DC issues. Is it just me? I can surf other pages and watch videos on YouTube just fine. :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast