+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
Like Tree30Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Connectivity issues today - it's not you, it's not us.

  1. #16
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    12

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hello, friends! We know that some of you are experiencing connectivity issues. We wish we could help more but the problem lies with DDOS attacks going on between you and us (they are not happening on our sservers).
    Hang in there!
    ~Brasse


    Followup: Google DDOS, Dyn and DNS today and you can read up on the latest, just like we are.
    Seriously bad people out there.
    So what has happened is some disgruntled idiot that needs to be reported to the FBI is mad that he has to pay for SFP and decided to mess with everyone still willing to support this great franchise?

  2. #17
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goddessdavida View Post
    Same symptoms here. I am thinking the "update" button shows until glyph gets a response on what version is current. I often see the button appear to flash from update to play quickly under normal circumstances.

    But glyph is totally unresponsive as things sit now. I have to force it closed through Windows, and windows tells me the program is waiting for a response from me, but there is no dialog to respond to showing.
    I changed my DNS to the OpenDNS settings (see elsewhere in this thread).

    I did also clear the Glyph cache, not sure if that made a difference or not.

    I had this same problem, rebooting fixed it, I can get in fine now.

  3. #18
    Shadowlander Thansella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Welp! Time for testing my old skill with Age of Empires 2

    trion, you better find a fix for this before i begin to say WOLOLOLO all the time.
    Last edited by Thansella; 10-21-2016 at 11:18 AM.
    __________________________________________________
    If they gave me a cookie for each post, i'd have 2001+ .

  4. #19
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    38

    Thumbs up Maybe a working fix!

    Glyph does not use ip directly, but instead relies on fully working DNS servers. If the DNS does not reply successfully Glyph will lock up..

    A temporary work-around would be to manually add the failing dns lookup ip's to your hosts file located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (you may need admin to edit this)

    Add these lines:

    184.51.150.98 rift-update.dyn.triongames.com
    184.51.126.106 glyph.dyn.triongames.com

    That solved it for me anyway.

  5. #20
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8

    Default Definately DNS Server Problem

    I was getting the 1013 error and update screen on Glyph earlier today and did some reading up on the current dns attack. I just added the two dns server addresses for OpenDNS and that solved the problem. Now I get a "Play" button when Glyph loads, and I get into the game no problem. Actually after the dns change, my frame rate increased quite a bit! Love it when good comes from bad.

  6. #21
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    12

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Klosax View Post
    Glyph does not use ip directly, but instead relies on fully working DNS servers. If the DNS does not reply successfully Glyph will lock up..

    A temporary work-around would be to manually add the failing dns lookup ip's to your hosts file located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (you may need admin to edit this)

    Add these lines:

    184.51.150.98 rift-update.dyn.triongames.com
    184.51.126.106 glyph.dyn.triongames.com

    That solved it for me anyway.
    the ffiles I am looking in say they are samples am i openning the right ones in ETC?

  7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Believe me, most of us are "regular meat bags" too. We are all seeing issues around us and the only real solution is to take a crash course in IP management or to go do something else while this blows over.

    Our CS folks can support any issues pertaining to our services, but not for the internet at large.

    I am saddened that this kind of attack takes place at all. I am also sure that it will get worse before it gets better, because it is so easy to use cloak and dagger techniques on the internet (unless you are a regular meat bag like me).

  8. #23
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Believe me, most of us are "regular meat bags" too. We are all seeing issues around us and the only real solution is to take a crash course in IP management or to go do something else while this blows over.

    Our CS folks can support any issues pertaining to our services, but not for the internet at large.

    I am saddened that this kind of attack takes place at all. I am also sure that it will get worse before it gets better, because it is so easy to use cloak and dagger techniques on the internet (unless you are a regular meat bag like me).
    ditto bro I can tell you about integrated circuits power flow regulators capacitors etc all day but know nothing about IT

  9. #24
    Rift Disciple Alandar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    For all those not so computer inclined to edit hosts file here is a good beginners tutorial, even shiny pictures, Just use the ips provided above!

    Geek it up

  10. #25
    Shadowlander Thansella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Brasse, let me ask something: even if Glyph "freezes", is there any way for manually starting the games with glyph on that way, instead clicking the launcher shortcut for all "game.exe"?

    I'm thinking in the time there was no Trion launcher, glyph or anything alike, and every game had its own "button".

    So, start glyph; wait until it stops response, then dig into glyph folder and start games manually somehow. Is it possible?
    Last edited by Thansella; 10-21-2016 at 11:34 AM.
    __________________________________________________
    If they gave me a cookie for each post, i'd have 2001+ .

  11. #26
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cipheron49 View Post
    ditto bro I can tell you about integrated circuits power flow regulators capacitors etc all day but know nothing about IT
    The internets flux capacitor is broken. Real talk.

  12. #27
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    12

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Alandar View Post
    For all those not so computer inclined to edit hosts file here is a good beginners tutorial, even shiny pictures, Just use the ips provided above!

    Geek it up
    I went through the steps of this tutorial and thank you very much for it, however my system is trying to save it as a txt file and also I cannot find a way to open it as admin despite checking its properties and right clicking on it, the folder above it etc

  13. #28
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Believe me, most of us are "regular meat bags" too. We are all seeing issues around us and the only real solution is to take a crash course in IP management or to go do something else while this blows over.

    Our CS folks can support any issues pertaining to our services, but not for the internet at large.

    I am saddened that this kind of attack takes place at all. I am also sure that it will get worse before it gets better, because it is so easy to use cloak and dagger techniques on the internet (unless you are a regular meat bag like me).

    Imho Glyph should not freeze if it fails to find the ip to the update server. Instead it could use the last working ip or skip checking for updates. Instead of being totally locked up and unusable, we could atleast try to launch the game.

  14. #29
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default UPdate screen hangs up

    Same thing is happening to me, I can get loged in but get a update screen that does not allow you to click or go any futher.

  15. #30
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default same deal here

    I enter password then glyph locks up requesting update have to kill in process

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts