+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Starfall Prophecy Beta: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20th

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaver View Post
    No one is except the special few and we are not it.
    right while its in alpha phase

Quote Originally Posted by Groddeolm View Post
    Good Night @all ;)
    Sleep tight!

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

I begin to fear we won't have beta today... Only 1hour and 15minutes left before 21th of october...
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    I begin to fear we won't have beta today... Only 1hour and 15minutes left before 21th of october...
    Timezone! Read back the previous posts...

maybe not on the day for you but its still oct 20th 1350 here

Quote Originally Posted by ailles840402 View Post
    Timezone! Read back the previous posts...
    I don't care of timezone... It's the job of Trion's CM to take that in consideration. Ignoring the fact that european players exists is not good.
    I don't care to get beta today or tomorrow, but when Trion annonce 20th, it's a normal to get it on 20th of october, not on the 21th of october.

I don't care of timezone... It's the job of Trion's CM to take that in consideration. Ignoring the fact that european players exists is not good.
    I don't care to get beta today or tomorrow, but when Trion annonce 20th, it's a normal to get it on 20th of october, not on the 21th of october.
    *Hands snickers* You're getting a little grumpy and impatient. Stop whining about something so silly.
    *Fancy signature graphics followed by fancy looking Fonts with all the colors*
    BISCULTS@WOLFSBANE, GRAYSKULL Warrior lead and life coach

"I'll give YOU a punishing blow" - DarkDaemon 2016
    "If you're close to a guy, its a ok to do a little touching" - DarkDaemon 2017

Ascendant

Wow what is it with the couple of entitled EU people in here today. (I know this is not representative of our EU players normally)

Its arrogant to demand that trion conform to your timezone. The game is made here, in the PST timezone specificallly. Just like I don't expect them to conform to EST time zone standards you should not expect them to conform to EU timezone standards. Be respectful please.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 10-20-2016 at 01:08 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Wow what is it with the couple of entitled EU people in here today. (I know this is not representative of our EU players normally)

Its arrogant to demand that trion conform to your timezone. The game is made here, in the PST timezone specificallly. Just like I don't expect them to conform to EST time zone standards you should not expect them to conform to EU timezone standards. Be respectful please.
    Absolutely correct reply for the crybabies

Rift Disciple

Default Rift is Us based

For those from europe, this is a US based game so if they say the 20th, then until the 20th is over using pst, which is where the devs work from then stop qqing. According to my calculations its only 2:10pm pst now so there almost 10 hours till the 21, again stop the qq.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I am happy to report that after testing went well yesterday...
    We are ON for Starfall Prophecy Beta THIS THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20th.

Yep, you heard it here, directly second hand from Archonix "What Could Possibly Go Wrong" Producer. I have screenshots of the internal discussion in case I need them. =)

The exact time will be dependent on the patching process, and we'll handle downtime messaging as usual when it's locked and loaded.
    Thank you for your patience - we can't wait to share the Comet of Ankhet with you all, and it's in a ready state now for us all to provide valuable feedback.

Reminder: This is an OPEN BETA - feel free to stream, take screenshots and post about your experiences. We will have a Beta section of the forums up and ready on Thursday.

;-)#
    Brasse
    I am frankly fed up with hearing complaint after complaint from EU pls correct or silence them

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post

It's not arrogant: they put annoncement for europe, and say 20th october.
    If they can't put the beta on 20th of october, no problem, but they have to inform EU players, they have to wait one more day...

They manage to do that for patch and downtime. Why not doing this for beta annoncement (or for livestream)?

It's arrogant to think that everyone must live with US hours in mind...

Many companies take timezone in consideration, especially when they localize content in different timezones. Why not Trion?

Don't be excessive.

A simple sentence: "Sorry EU players, we won't be able to open beta before 21th of october In europe" would be enought...

That's just a matter of communication.

Soulwalker

Director of Community Relations
    TrionBrasse's Avatar Join Date
    Apr 2015
    The Beta Build is still chugging along. It's solid, but like all hulking behemoths, it is SLOW.

We are starting to build ETAs, but all I can tell you at this point is "this afternoon."
    I realize that covers the period from 12 noon to 6pm PST, but such are the mysteries of code!

Remember, as on any launch day, do NOT take the day off, do NOT delay real life fun and duty - stuff happens!
    ;-)#
    Brasse did say the PTS time was based on PST - Pacific Standard Time.
    Last edited by Zyhrah; 10-20-2016 at 02:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast