+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By Ocho
  • 3 Post By Blythe
  • 2 Post By Quna
  • 1 Post By Phaeth
  • 1 Post By Phaeth
  • 2 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Celebrate Earth Day in Telara!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Celebrate Earth Day in Telara!

All Ascended have a hand in preserving Telara for future generations – help us support Hotfix Earth in the real-world with our down-to earth Bundle from April 22-25th!

This Earth Day, RIFT has partnered with Hotfix Earth, a non-profit organization focusing on responsible environmental issues. They actively educate and promote renewable practices and recycling, with a special focus on clean water systems. Check out what they actually do with your donations here!

RIFT is proud to offer the Hotfix Earth Bundle on Earth Day and over the weekend! 50% of the revenue from this bundle will go directly to Hotfix Earth.

What’s in the Hotfix Earth Bundle?
    We make it fun to be environmentally responsible:
    - Trent companion pet – a friendly reminder of your commitment to a healthy planet
    - Trent Minion card – the ultimate in renewable resources!
    - Cute Earthy critters for your dimension
    - Level scaling Ascended ring

Thank you for celebrating Earth Day this weekend and EVERY day. We’ve only got one planet (so far). Let’s help it stay healthy! Join us to support Hotfix Earth - gamers on a mission to create a better future.

The Hotfix Earth bundle is available from noon, April 22, 2016 to noon, April 25th, 2016, in the RIFT Marketplace. Log in now to take advantage of this limited offer!

For more information about Hotfix Earth, please visit their website, www.hotfixearth.org.

Trion Worlds, Inc. will donate 50% from the sale of each Hotfix Earth Bundle, worldwide (excluding Alabama, Hawaii, Massachusetts and South Carolina), between 12:00pm PST April 22, 2016 through 11:59am PST April 25, 2016. This contribution is not tax deductible. Hotfix Earth is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization located at 20381 NE 30th Ave. #418, Aventura Fl., 33180.

I actually thought about getting this until I saw that the rings are worthless. They only scale to Level 60. It seems like all of the scaling gear stops at 60. Not much of an incentive.

That's the trouble with offering gear in packs like this... it's hard to make it enticing without stepping on top of some other reward from another event.

Maybe your engineer types should look at the feasibility of something like the ability to unlock a second seal or trinket slot? Or some sort of other boost using the old CQ power technology - call it karma - and as you gain karma from different offers/events, it would grant you benefits in the same way the old CQ power did.

Or include a token that lets the buyer choose any one mount. You'd sell the heck out of those.

You had me at Dimension Critters!!

omg..must..go..buy!

edit: the lamb is the cutest ever!!
    Last edited by Blythe; 04-22-2016 at 03:26 PM.
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

I didn't like how Trion handled the greyhound charity thing (RNG boxes, unknown and then known low donation ratio), but I can back this. Thanks for transparency on percentage and guaranteed, known stuffs.

Rift Disciple

More of this sort of thing! The clearly stated donation ratio wasn't quite enough alone to sell it at the price, and then I realised it was a pack and not just another sadmaking gamble box (I never get the Thing I want out of those and they just make me sad), so I had to have it. And now I have it. And it gave me a happy. I've been asking for more dimension critters since returning to the game, and now I have some and they're adorable and I feel even better about it because I'm quite fond of the Earth, as far as planets go it's the most habitable one I know of. The combination of cute things and warm fuzzies is super effective, so I say again for the people up the back: More of this sort of thing!
    Last edited by Phaeth; 04-23-2016 at 09:30 AM. Reason: typo

Soulwalker

Default Why the Shal Korva rep requirement on the rings?

I'm a returning player that has a mid 20's main and I was interested in buying the Earth Day to help contribute to Hotfix but I haven't because of the Shal Korva rep required for the 1-60 ascended scaling rings.

Why was the Shal Korva rep made as a requirement to equip a lower level item?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DeadStep View Post
    Why was the Shal Korva rep made as a requirement to equip a lower level item?
    You don't need rep to equip it, I sent it to a lv 30 alt with exactly zero Shal Korva rep and she equipped it just fine. I think you'll find it's a holdover from the description being c/ped off an item you need Shal Korva rep to buy. You won't have any trouble using the item.

That line really should be removed from the description, it's easy to see how it could be misleading, but I doubt they'll be able get to it before the current offer expires.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeadStep View Post
    I'm a returning player that has a mid 20's main and I was interested in buying the Earth Day to help contribute to Hotfix but I haven't because of the Shal Korva rep required for the 1-60 ascended scaling rings.
    As noted by Phaeth, the ring will be equiapable by any character. The requirement would have been for purchasing directly, and even that is in error and should be removed.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Plane Touched

This package is nice and I bought it. Thank you
    It would be nice to buy these Items afterwards in addition in the shop (like the Bogling and Statuettes) because I wish to have more creatures of one sort and not only one.
    These cute animals are not really qualified to stay always alone, they need a herd.

Unfortunately I opened the package with my main character (65er cleric) and can´t use the ring now, because it is for clerics only.

Rift Chaser

The set up of this charity event is much more appealing than the last. Fluff items are clearly defined (not a gambling box), the donation percent is reasonable, and the charity group involved is tossing website and social media love at Trion for their help, which is positive game exposure.

Plus Treants. Bonus kudos for Treants.
    We can't hear the true songs, we are alone under the cold moon.

Soulwalker

The only thing that sucks is we have to "hotfix Earth" 4 times at a cost of over 8,000 credits to cover all 5 callings as the rings are not mailed to all characters on your account.

Warrior
    Mage
    Rogue/Primalist
    Cleric

At least with the Ascended Cloak and Ascended Trinket, these were truly account-wide!

I already tried putting my Rogue ring in the shared tab and picked it up on my Cleric to see if it would switch, and it did not. It still said "Rogue" in red (unusable.)

Pfft...

+ Reply to Thread