+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Ocho
  • 1 Post By Elinare
  • 1 Post By Aisola

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Unleash the Power with Multicore Beta!

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Unleash the Power with Multicore Beta!

We need YOU to help us perfect multicore support in RIFT!

The Beta for true multicore support is now available! Every player, every computer, can now take advantage of all the performance upgrades that comes with multicore support.

Simply open up your RIFT settings, and in the Advanced Video section there is a checkbox to enable Experimental Multicore. With one click the true power of your machine will be unleashed, and its performance in RIFT will reach new heights !

How do I tell how many cores I have? Click the Start menu and type “System Information” in the search field and press enter.

Of course this is a Beta feature, so we need your feedback! Once you’ve tested it out, we’d love to hear from you on the forums where we have a set of questions about how it’s working for you. We’re also looking for more general experiences, so please post any feedback you have in the Public Test Shard sub forum.

If you experience a crash, please:

1. Send in the crash report, this is the most helpful thing you can do!
    2. Let us know what you were doing when the crash occurred through any of the following means:
    So join us in this momentous moment for RIFT, and experience the world of Telara more richly than ever before!
    Last edited by Ocho; 03-16-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Dek
    Soulwalker

Experimental Multicore would not work with low quality Renderer ticked on,but works when its off.
    Graphics were all blurred long triangular shapes with low quality Renderer ticked on, This was before entering the game at login screen.

Soulwalker

Hi,

I think multicore isn't working atm.
    It never goes up to 25% of CPU usage (Got a i7 3.6Ghz 4 cores, 8 threads).

I have been using the new muilticore feature for 2 hours on a PC no more then 6 months old. Built purposely to play rift at ultra settings. and it seems fine. Before the build i was at 15 fps now im at minimum 36 ish fps

Quote Originally Posted by Elinare View Post
    Hi,

I think multicore isn't working atm.
    It never goes up to 25% of CPU usage (Got a i7 3.6Ghz 4 cores, 8 threads).
    same only around 20%.

Ppl might think that alt tab is the culprit, but I tried windowed mode and ran tskmgr on the side with rift being the active window. No fps drop ingame, but cpu usage averaged only 16% after 30mins.
    Last edited by AshuRain; 03-17-2016 at 02:08 AM.
    メイウェザーのスタイルを行きます!

1. Doesn't work with Low Renderer on, which is really bad.

2. If you run Rift in minimum settings (but Low rendered off) the increase seems inexistent or there is actually a decrease.

It doesnt work for me no fps gain

And i have low rendered off.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Birkenspanner View Post
    It doesnt work for me no fps gain

And i have low rendered off.
    seems if you´re over a certain GHZ Cpu it doesn´t matter.
    I´m right now with i7 6700k @4,5GHZ and also don´t see any difference

<Transcendent>

I see no fps gain.I would like to see it post by the IT responsable by this Trion project, exactly what was done in a more precise and maybe a bit more technical way so we can understand and try to better help Trion to improve it, there are to many variables to take in consideration, we all have different hardware and software specs and drivers setups.

I see no real difference with my high end cpu 8 core. any word on updating directx, then you may see a HUGE difference?

Soulwalker

There is no difference at all for me. CPU is a FX-8350 @5.0Ghz on all cores. I still get the terrible 30-ish fps in cities and even lower in fights.
    GPU is 290x, OS Win10.

Soulwalker

Same core usage whether on or off for me, monitoring via Afterburner OSD. Running i5 4690k@4.5ghz, GTX 970.

I do see a small uptick now and the framerate seems more consistent, not that 15fps to 18fps or 30fps to 34fps means all that much.

And my CPU is still only at 70-80%(got a really slow CPU), it was at 50-60% before multicore

GPU is still at around 40-60%(not much change there).
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Default Big changes since last patch....

Since testing now with the new patch i am seeing quite a BIG difference. Performance is very good, quality as well. The only thing that is bothersome is the Clipping that i notice.... not sure why this is so drastic now.?

-sol

+ Reply to Thread