+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 5th Anniversary Celebration – Adventure of a Lifetime!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default 5th Anniversary Celebration – Adventure of a Lifetime!

It’s been five glorious years of massive battles and ascended souls…and that means it’s time to party! Grab your friends, gather your guildmates, and prepare for a month-long celebration that will rock the planes.The 5th Anniversary Celebration kicks off on March 9th, with a World Event that rewards incredible prizes for those that achieve greatness, and through April 6th, you can earn 5th Anniversary Tickets for doing the stuff you normally do!

Check out our blog for all the details!
    Last edited by BrandGuru; 03-08-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Besides all the other stuff going on in RIFT, I have to admit this is a very generous event with worthy rewards.

I like that the leaderboards are worldwide, so people don't transfer on PvP/low pop shards, I like that you can spend the tickets on fixed rewards (no rng) and I like that the top 100 get fixed extra rewards, but the top 1000 also get in a raffle. I also like that you only included normal endgame content (no grindy quests) and left Conquest out of it.

I am sure this will bring back some players, so make sure to make major positive announcements during the event to keep them.

Last edited by Seshatar; 03-08-2016 at 11:47 AM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Plane Walker

Ocho is so enthusiastic about the event that he posted the same 3 times. It's ok, I understand it

Pretty cool event. Don't like that people can buy their way to the top buy purchasing more credits and then more charges but all in all, it's a cool event with a ton of neat prizes.

And yes, glad to not see CQ or anything out of the ordinary for it. Normal stuff that people do is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyla View Post
    Ocho is so enthusiastic about the event that he posted the same 3 times. It's ok, I understand it
    No he didn't, look at the post's headlines. First is for monthly contest, next ones are for week 1, 2, 3. ^^
    Last edited by Seshatar; 03-08-2016 at 01:35 PM.

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyla View Post
    The first post was rules and conditions for the entire event. 2nd post is for rules and conditions for phase 1. 3rd post is for rules and conditions for phase 2.

Make sure you read them all!!!

Plane Walker

Oh, bugger. I'm so hyped about it that I misread it. Someone please lock me in a dungeon until it actually starts?

Well, I guess this saves some of us some time ;)

3. Be a legal resident of: (i) one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia (excluding New York and Florida); or (ii) Canada (excluding Quebec); or (iii) the member countries of the European Union (excluding the Netherlands); (iv) Switzerland; (v) Australia; or (vi) New Zealand.

Rift Master

Its a total credit scam guys. Look at the warfront rewards for tickets. The most tickets come from WF's across all 4 weeks. If you have dungeon charges you even get more. So guess what is going to happen. Daddy's credit card will be used to buy WF's charges and the winner each week will the be one with the most WF's done. Who benefits from this? Trion will. Instead of each activity giving 1 ticket thereby eliminating the requirement to buy credits to win, Trion basically has painted every player into a corner who wants to win. They win by default.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post
    Its a total credit scam guys. Look at the warfront rewards for tickets. The most tickets come from WF's across all 4 weeks. If you have dungeon charges you even get more. So guess what is going to happen. Daddy's credit card will be used to buy WF's charges and the winner each week will the be one with the most WF's done. Who benefits from this? Trion will. Instead of each activity giving 1 ticket thereby eliminating the requirement to buy credits to win, Trion basically has painted every player into a corner who wants to win. They win by default.
    I don't know... I read those rules and conditions and the very first line said "A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING."

Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower
    Just look at the dungeon leaderboards, Experts can be cleared within 5-10 minutes (except Rhaza'de Canyons maybe) and give guaranteed tickets, while warfronts only give you tickets when you win. I would guess you can farm tickets faster with a premade Expert group than with warfronts. Or Instant Adventures, they should also give fast tickets, especially in week 1.

Secondly, buying so many dungeon/warfront charges that it would really matter would require much more credits than you actually can win.

Imho, the question in this event is how much playtime you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Accol
    I don't know... I read those rules and conditions and the very first line said "A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING."
    Well that statement is of indeed wrong, as patrons have more charges and you can buy additional charges for credits in the store (= more tickets). So purchases DO increase your chance to win, it is just not really a gamebreaker here imo.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 03-08-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    The first post was rules and conditions for the entire event. 2nd post is for rules and conditions for phase 1. 3rd post is for rules and conditions for phase 2.

Make sure you read them all!!!

To that subject:

This was to much in english. It would be fine, if you would consider of the other languages, too. Generally it´s no problem for me, but sometimes ty.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Imho, the question in this event is how much playtime you have.
    I read all the details on the event and this is what stuck in my mind the most. I'm sure the 5th anniversary will be fun, but its mostly catering to the people that can play the game all the time.

Telaran

Default Hm

So the European countries which are not in EU cant compete?

I guess there is no need for me to participate in this event since Quebec is excluded. *pouts*

And also: wtf why?
    Last edited by Amielle; 03-08-2016 at 02:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast